Does windfury get "better" at higher levels?

Hey.

Currently at level 36 enhancement shaman and i gotta say, I'm currently very disapointed with the dmg of windfury, as i remember it having a lot more of an impact back in the day :/

This is a dmg break down after doing a few kill quests in loch modan

and the windfury just feels so minor..

Does it get better at higher levels?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes

/10 chars

It's the number one damage source of enhancement at max level.
    But I can't say if it's impactful without legendary and windfury totem.

15+ Year Old Account
    well there are 2 choices in endgame
    1. you are going for 1 min cd burst with doom winds lego and WF talent
    1. you are going for more steady dps with SS or feral spirits legos and build respectivley

without legendary talent is not worth taking and WF do silly dmg

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Even tho its a huge % of your damage I honestly don't even know it exists unless my weak aura tells me I forgot to put it on my weapon.

It's not the same spell you remember. It's more like Rogue instant poison now, or that's how I feel about it.
    Hi Sephurik

WF triggers also MSW and Stormstrike procs. Wf is very strong with Doom Winds. It's more than Stormstrike, nearly 10times more damage than lava lash overall...

And it scales in aoe.

The thing about windfury is the damage never really feels impactful because it's a high amount of low damage procs. You'll never see high numbers from windfury, but it'll still be your single highest source of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

You'd feel a lot better about it if it added in all the damage done by everyone else in the group when WF procs for them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    You'd feel a lot better about it if it added in all the damage done by everyone else in the group when WF procs for them too.
    Oh and then it's getting complicated. 5% of magic damage goes to the DH, 5% of pyhs damage to monk of course if you have x monks, it's 5%/x. Okay, another 5% come from mages and warriors, they need to be accounted. The pala says "3% less damage taken increased the damage because of less heals, so i want some damage too". The priest says the same, since his Staminabuff saved 3 people their live. The disc priest says "i gave power infusion to my mage so his damage should be mine too".

Where does this craziness ends? WFT is not our damage. It is damage based of your targets damage. There's no point in seeing it in logs. It surely isn't "our" damage. WFT might share the name, but WFT is something different. It just copies auto attacks.

Windfury weapon on the ohter hand is a special attack on top of your main hand attacks. It has its own scaling, independent of auto attacks damage.

So when you see a 10% aura damage buff, your auto hits dont get buffed, but windfury gets a 10% buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    Oh and then it's getting complicated. 5% of magic damage goes to the DH, 5% of pyhs damage to monk of course if you have x monks, it's 5%/x. Okay, another 5% come from mages and warriors, they need to be accounted. The pala says "3% less damage taken increased the damage because of less heals, so i want some damage too". The priest says the same, since his Staminabuff saved 3 people their live. The disc priest says "i gave power infusion to my mage so his damage should be mine too".

Where does this craziness ends? WFT is not our damage. It is damage based of your targets damage. There's no point in seeing it in logs. It surely isn't "our" damage. WFT might share the name, but WFT is something different. It just copies auto attacks.

Windfury weapon on the ohter hand is a special attack on top of your main hand attacks. It has its own scaling, independent of auto attacks damage.

So when you see a 10% aura damage buff, your auto hits dont get buffed, but windfury gets a 10% buff.
    Well this little reminder that the totem is a significant buff to party damage sure did sit on a slippery slope that rolls right into crazy town.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Well this little reminder that the totem is a significant buff to party damage sure did sit on a slippery slope that rolls right into crazy town.
    Crazy town? not realy. Something realy similar is done by ffxiv where you got personal and RDPS. RDPS is the damage you do + the damage that your support spells added to other players damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Minazu View Post
    Crazy town? not realy. Something realy similar is done by ffxiv where you got personal and RDPS. RDPS is the damage you do + the damage that your support spells added to other players damage.
    That's a different game with different mechanics. I don't know them, but if one is getting that special treatment, everyone wants it...