Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Thank you for proving my point. I get you don't like the story but do you really have to try and stop others from discussing it?
    Pointing out the bad story isn't stopping you from discussing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Pointing out the bad story isn't stopping you from discussing it.
    Don't try to rationalise any story decision on Shadowlands. It just hurts your brain
    So what was the point of this comment? It sure doesn't seem like you're trying to progress the thread in anyway, more like trying to stop it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

So what was the point of this comment? It sure doesn't seem like you're trying to progress the thread in anyway, more like trying to stop it.
    Pointing out the obvious...

You will note I did not say "Don't discuss the story". You can like the garbage storyline all you like

Pointing out the obvious...

You will note I did not say "Don't discuss the story". You can like the garbage storyline all you like
    "Don't try to rationalize any story decision on Shadowlands". What does this mean to you exactly? Or are you just pretending at this point?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

That is the question Archon should be asking but since Kyrians are Kyrians and because things happen in WoW because writers want them to happen and not because they make sense, Anduin just appeared in Bastion. The writers wanted a cool moment, it doesn't matter how they get there.

"Don't try to rationalize any story decision on Shadowlands". What does this mean to you exactly? Or are you just pretending at this point?
    It means exactly what its meant to mean

Quote Originally Posted by Krowth View Post
    I thought the player character was the only one who could activate the stone to get out? Can the Jailer just send random souls outside whenever he feels like now?
    Yes? That's what the mawsworn Kyrian are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Only the player. So how did Anduin escape?
    Again - Anduin didn't escape.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    plotholes... Well not exactly true. Ignoring the worlds laws for plot convenience.
    Not even remotely a plot holes.

An inescapable prison is inescapable for the prisoners not the Guards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    But Baine and Jaina couldn't operate the Waystone. Only the player. So how did Anduin escape?
    A Mawsworn picked him up and yeeted him to Bastion. Then waited for Andiun to stab the Archon picked him up again and yeeted him back into the Maw.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-02-21 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    outside the kyrians, nobody can leave under their own power, and up till recently there were no kyrians in the maw. The waystone only works for the maw walker.

Given how inflexible they are, i suppose nobody ever expected kyrians to side with zovaal.

It has been shown in the intro questline that maw walker and living soul is not synonymous. Out of the 5 living souls at the waystone, only one managed to pass.
    nooooooooobody expects the kyrian inquisition!

As others have pointed out, there are two likely scenarios. It's either we were tricked into "saving" Anduin from the Maw or he was carried out of there by Mawsworn kyrian. The latter hasn't been possible until recently, but I guess it is now with the Jailer gaining more power and the seal on the Maw weakening.

The story is still inconsistent though. Logically, all kyrian (pure and Mawsworn alike) should now be able to leave the Maw by going through the torn Veil to Azeroth and then accessing the rest of the Shadowlands from there. But in Bastion, we're told that they still can't escape the Maw without the Maw Walker's help. Moreover, there's a daily quest in the Maw involving a group of tortured kyrian who claim that they have no means of escaping.

3+ Year Old Account
    I have another question for you , how did empowered Anduin one shot a "titan++" power level being, as blizzard called them at the launch of shadowlands ?? I know she is not dead just wounded but the way he did looked way too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krowth View Post
    I thought the player character was the only one who could activate the stone to get out? Can the Jailer just send random souls outside whenever he feels like now?
    The Jailor's agents are perfectly capable of leaving the Maw. Why would Anduin be any different after getting forcibly brainwashed into service?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Anduin was never meant to be in the Maw in the first place, that's most likely the reason why he isn't bound to the Maw.
    They can't activate the stone to get out without is, as seen in the into...

- - - Updated - - -

I assume the cutscene takes place after a short questline to "rescue" Anduin, then the Maw changes to reflect what happens at the end.
    That seems like the most likely scenario. I doubt Anduin is getting out on his own or with Mawsworn - it runs the risk of tipping their plan that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    plotholes... Well not exactly true. Ignoring the worlds laws for plot convenience.
    Dumb explanation. If you actually play the game, you'll realize that the Mawsworn are able to leave the Maw at will, as well as other dudes such as Kel'Thuzad and co.

It's safe to assume that he is being controlled by the Jailer, so it isn't about escaping.
    Just tie him to a wall somewhere in Torghast, send Fordring a vision, have the adventurers walk in and "free" him. We bring him back to Oribos with us. He tells us he knows what the Jailer and Sylvanas are up to.
    He still looks like himself, and acts like it. Any changes can be explained by trauma after torture and long captivity. In-game, all the key characters feom Azeroth love Anduin, so of course they're just happy he's safe and apparently largely unharmed.
    If the Archon had given him the key, he could've dropped it off in the Maw and returned to us and we'd never have known, making him a perfect double agent.
    I'm guessing a lot of the continued Maw / Torghast campaign will revolve around findkng a way to free him from the Jailers influence, there's no way the others are just going to turn around and immediately jump to "well he must be killed now, sorry kid"

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    So what you are saying is that the Jailer should simply get 4 or 5 Kyrians to pick him up and fly him straight to Oribos.

Plooooothooooooooole.
    Or he's bound to the Maw and cannot physically leave it. As in, if he tries something prevents him. Either chains bind him when he moves too far or he's just teleported back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LauraHydra1 View Post
    It's safe to assume that he is being controlled by the Jailer, so it isn't about escaping.
    Just tie him to a wall somewhere in Torghast, send Fordring a vision, have the adventurers walk in and "free" him. We bring him back to Oribos with us. He tells us he knows what the Jailer and Sylvanas are up to.
    He still looks like himself, and acts like it. Any changes can be explained by trauma after torture and long captivity. In-game, all the key characters feom Azeroth love Anduin, so of course they're just happy he's safe and apparently largely unharmed.
    If the Archon had given him the key, he could've dropped it off in the Maw and returned to us and we'd never have known, making him a perfect double agent.
    I'm guessing a lot of the continued Maw / Torghast campaign will revolve around findkng a way to free him from the Jailers influence, there's no way the others are just going to turn around and immediately jump to "well he must be killed now, sorry kid"
    You know Anduin would also have to explain why Sylvannas didn't stab him right? Like the last thing everyone saw regarding Anduin was Sylvannas pointing a mourne blade at him.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

So let them think he got to her. In the chatter after that vision, they all seemed to have a great deal of faith in him, and that he'd be ok. Stick in another vision that has Sylvanas look doubtful about turning him.
    They would absolutely believe that Anduin managed to, well, not convinve her to leave the Jailer, but to doubt.

Have him return traumatised-but-keeping-it-together, saying "I know what they're planning, we have to act fast!", and they'd probably go along with it.