Thread: CringeCon 2021

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    The Amount of toxicity and crying fanboys in this forum is just hilarious.

Everything they do is "cringe" and/or "bad"... or least "THATS all? are they kidding me?!?!?!??!?". I wondering why you even following them. And when i take a look at the blizzcon history they announced much more staff in the last couple of years, then the "good old blizzard" did 10-15 years ago. People these days are just...
    Yeah, ‘cause more = better. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Very nice opinion you tried to push on me there.

No, that's not my opinion. I'm not "anti-corpo." I just think Blizzard's actions the past years in comparison to the narrative they try to force on people becomes too obvious.

They are not doing it well, basically. Some companies can push that narrative and hold a good image, while all they want it so earn money. Blizard has just been so very bad at it, you become embarrassed for them when you see what they do and have done and still trying to push a 'community video' like this.

"I don't like Blizzard's PR therefore I don't like Blizzard."

And this somehow different than accusing people of liking things you don't like? Okay dude. Keep living in your negativity echo chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

And this somehow different than accusing people of liking things you don't like? Okay dude. Keep living in your negativity echo chamber.
    Don't burst a blood vessel.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Look up any pic of the rogue where she isn't wearing pants. She has no underwear and her underside is completely exposed. Blizz thought this would be okay to stream to thousands of kids worldwide.
    I mean, outside of the USA most people aren't that prudish. And did Blizz model the rogue's delicate parts? Probably not, but I have not seen the video. But why would there be anything else than blank textures? So who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Don't burst a blood vessel.
    LOL -- the fact that you're trying to paint me as an aggressor for simply defending the absolutely ridiculous conspiracy theory you just floated is honestly hilarious. And it's all the proof any rational person should need to understand that you didn't post that Aris clip for any other reason than to validate your super edgy "DAE Blizzard bad???" take.

It's something completely different. He/She isn't forcing an opinion upon someone else or dismissing someone's opinion of Blizzard. Nobody accuses someone else here but you.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL -- the fact that you're trying to paint me as an aggressor for simply defending the absolutely ridiculous conspiracy theory you just floated is honestly hilarious. And it's all the proof any rational person should need to understand that you didn't post that Aris clip for any other reason than to validate your super edgy "DAE Blizzard bad???" take.
    Sorry you are the agressor here. And you come over as incredibly contrarian.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I mean, outside of the USA most people aren't that prudish. And did Blizz model the rogue's delicate parts? Probably not, but I have not seen the video. But why would there be anything else than blank textures? So who cares?

You can quite clearly see that it's modeled in much, much more detail than just a "blank texture".

It's something completely different. He/She isn't forcing an opinion upon someone else or dismissing someone's opinion of Blizzard. Nobody accuses someone else here but you.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry you are the agressor here. And you come over as incredibly contrarian.
    Oh okay, I guess I missed the part where we're supposed to just take the idea that Blizzard pays people to be fans of their company and then releases videos with their paid actors to fellate their own PR image at face value, eh?

edit: And if anti-conspiracy theory makes me "incredibly contrarian" then so be it. I'd rather be a contrarian than somebody who justifies my awful takes with absurdly outlandish rationalizations.

I agree... but if you cut all the cringe takes Blizzcon would be 3-4hrs max.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post

You can quite clearly see that it's modeled in much, much more detail than just a "blank texture".
    Thanks for the picture. I'm actually impressed Blizzard took the time to add pubic hair to the model. Either D4 will be a true R rated game or someone on the art team had a little too much fun here.
    But again, I don't think that this was a problem. Nothing about this model suggests something sexually (not more than usual, that is), I don't see this image as problematic, even for children.

The only thing I personally found that was really really cringe was when that developer called out the covenants. Night Fae/Venthyr/Necrolords, that was honestly hard to watch. I miss someone like Chris Metzen who had a genuine personality.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Oh okay, I guess I missed the part where we're supposed to just take the idea that Blizzard pays people to be fans of their company and then releases videos with their paid actors to fellate their own PR image at face value, eh?

edit: And if anti-conspiracy theory makes me "incredibly contrarian" then so be it. I'd rather be a contrarian than somebody who justifies my awful takes with absurdly outlandish rationalizations.
    You're not arguing, you're using buzzwords. Not everything you disagree with is a conspiracy theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kynario View Post
    The only thing I personally found that was really really cringe was when that developer called out the covenants. Night Fae/Venthyr/Necrolords, that was honestly hard to watch. I miss someone like Chris Metzen who had a genuine personality.
    Yeah, especially without a live crowd that part was super awkward.

You're not arguing, you're using buzzwords. Not everything you disagree with is a conspiracy theory.
    I would strongly encourage you to watch the clip the guy posted and listen to the words Aris used. He very clearly implied that Blizzard's community events are manufactured and that Blizzard is some boogeyman Chinese "Godzilla" that is trying to dupe everybody else into thinking it's still the same 'ol Blizzard it's always been. And for the record, I have no problem if your version of coping with the fact that a video game company no longer appeals to you is to pretend that it's some kind of evil supervillain. But this kind of ass-backwards rationalization isn't somehow above criticism because, like, that's just your opinion, man.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-02-21 at 09:25 AM. Reason: words and shit

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    normies
    Please tell me you're using that word ironically.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Because more and more people are cringe.
    The only people who use this word in reality are moody teenagers.

Being able to appreciate the effort blizzard does to make blizzcon a family friendly show is actually quite nice.

As per usual, the teenagers think literally everything is made for them, and them alone. Meaning if something doesnt appeal to them specificly its "cringe" or "obejctively bad"

3+ Year Old Account
    This is so fucking stupid. If I buy a brand of a product because I prefer it to another brand am I suddenly "befriending" the company? No. So why the fuck do you have to paint Blizzard fans like this? No shit that Blizzard is in it to make money. But this boring fucking take that anybody who has a remotely positive take on the company are somehow brainwashed is some of the most offensive nonsense I see routinely posted on this forum.
    Relax! You can like a Blizzard game and not consider yourself a friend or being part of the family of the company. Yet, the Blizzcon intro with the "community" speaking was suggesting exactly that. That we are not just customers but part of that cool Blizzard family that is open to everyone (well, of course it is for obvious reasons).

I fanboy for other shit, so I am not better. But it is simply mind blowing how easy that stuff works.

Hope you had some time to calm down a bit.

I agree that part was a bit awkward. Its also kinda sweet though

Alot of these cons are cringe if you aint a big fan or the game, genre or whatever. Theres lots of weird stuff going on every blizzcon(or any other con) that I find hard to watch, but apparently theres alot of people that do enjoy lots of it. Different folks, different strokes. These cons are also supposed to be a fan service. Why would they talk down themself or not make it about theyre fans? Thats why they even bother with this, for the fans.

With that said, its clear many of them arent used to be infront of a camera. For some of them it comes natural or they are trained at it, and for others it doenst quite work perfect. But thats ok tbh.

Yeah, that part really stood out. Like seriously, who is taking the game that seriously to RP like that for freaking covenants? I doubt even the kids do.

Doesn't really help that the speakers are just game devs and not charismatic public speakers.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    This thread is the only thing cringe-worthy

(that and how everybody overuses this word now good lord...)
    thank you indeed /thread
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.