Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Save Soul Ash for patch or use it...? that is the question.

Since BM might get a flat 5% damage buff, that will set is quite close to MM.
    So having a lego for each seems very reasonable.

However, would it be smart to craft a second legendary right now? or any legendary at all.

If they buff BM, more people will complain about its poor legendary design... Using up 2 GCDs, guessing where the tank will stop moving and then waiting for it to become active... Not fun. Maybe they decide that it is easier to modify another legendary instead of fixing this one so that becomes a risk, wasting 5K soul Ash in a potentially dead legendary? That is what, 3 weeks of Torghast?

What are you thoughts. Craft legos now or wait for the PRT ? I think I am going to save up Soul Ash before doing more leggos, and the same might just apply for every next patch in Shadowlands.

I don't think there's much reason to hard save it, go to cap and spend a little bit, repeat. Don't just cap it and save it forever because I'm sure they'll do some nonsense later in the expansion where you need significantly more than the current cap and they'll just increase the amount that Torghast gives, similar to how Azerite Vendor worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The 5% buff to BM hasnt helped the spec at all, BM is still the worst spec (or second worse, survival being the worst). BM is not remotely close to MM as far as raids are concerned and the main reason for that is that Castle Nathria favours the burst dps profile MM has to offer. I suggest you spend some time on the hunter discord for further info.

That said, I would definetly wait on the 9.0.5 patch to craft a second legendary unless you are literally capped on soul ash 8000/8000 this week.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Since BM might get a flat 5% damage buff, that will set is quite close to MM.
    So having a lego for each seems very reasonable.

However, would it be smart to craft a second legendary right now? or any legendary at all.

If they buff BM, more people will complain about its poor legendary design... Using up 2 GCDs, guessing where the tank will stop moving and then waiting for it to become active... Not fun. Maybe they decide that it is easier to modify another legendary instead of fixing this one so that becomes a risk, wasting 5K soul Ash in a potentially dead legendary? That is what, 3 weeks of Torghast?

What are you thoughts. Craft legos now or wait for the PRT ? I think I am going to save up Soul Ash before doing more leggos, and the same might just apply for every next patch in Shadowlands.
    The 5% dmg buff for BM has already been applied, and the only thing that did was close ranks on some of the other bottom of the barrel specs.
    The new legendary buffs will not help that much either as it only closes the gap on those legendaries towards Soulforge Embers.

That said.
    Unless you plan to play the spec actively, I would hold on to soul ash until you are closer to the cap.
    There is no downside in sitting on the soul ash for a bit (in fact, mostly upsides as prices for the base armor on AH steadily decline).

If you get to the 7000 mark, you should spend it though. What you want to spend it on depends a bit what you intend to play or might be playing.

Suggestions:
    MM - Serpentstalker's Trickery -> currently no real good 2nd legendary for MM; perhaps Surging Shots if you PvP
    BM - Soulforge Embers is BiS, but if you don't like that Rylakstalkers or Dire Command are alternatives (probably more viable after the patch).
    SV - Wildfire Cluster --> Rylakstalkers as secondary option for single target.
    PVP - Craven Strategem for general / arena. Perhaps Surging Shots for MM RBGs

it's fairly save to assume blizz with either reset soul ash, triple the cost/gains so saving 8k is insignificant, or require a different currency in the future. so i'd just use it.

were also more than 8 weeks away from 9.1 so you can just use it now and start saving later should it prove useful.

Quote Originally Posted by dread05 View Post
    The 5% buff to BM hasnt helped the spec at all, BM is still the worst spec (or second worse, survival being the worst). BM is not remotely close to MM as far as raids are concerned and the main reason for that is that Castle Nathria favours the burst dps profile MM has to offer. I suggest you spend some time on the hunter discord for further info.

That said, I would definetly wait on the 9.0.5 patch to craft a second legendary unless you are literally capped on soul ash 8000/8000 this week.
    As far as logs are concerned, thats untrue for most raid bosses this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Completely true: If we look overall for a ST-fight then BM is close to MM, but.... MM has far superior burst and there are a lot of fights in CN where burst damage is very valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Completely true: If we look overall for a ST-fight then BM is close to MM, but.... MM has far superior burst and there are a lot of fights in CN where burst damage is very valuable.
    It's true and even applies to some ST fights. Look at Mythic, ilvl 221-223 (you have to filter by ilvl to make it apples to apples, looking at just all ilvls skews the results in favor of the more popular and therefore better equipped specs). At 95%, on one fight, Xy'mox, they are tied at 4,968 dps, but on Sludgegfist where burst is required, MM averages 7,268 dps, while BM sits at 6,400, that's a 12% decrease. So it's not just bad aoe, it's lack of burst also. So on Mythic, 3/10 bosses BM is close (always less) to MM dps, the rest they are near the bottom for all classes/specs with significantly lower dps than MM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you're not going to play BM right now, I don't see a reason to craft it right now unless you want to practice ahead of time.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Save it incase other leggos are buffed

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    let me see those logs.