Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Shadowlands M+ Keystone Counts Cheatsheet - Updated for S4

Here's a list of count thresholds to hit by certain checkpoints for various keystones. This is intended to be a basic cheatsheet when just winging the path on lower keys using common routes. Unfortunately this season changes counts between keystones 1-9 and 10+, as the level 10 affix mobs provide count, making a simple cheat sheet a little less useful than past seasons. Additionally, this season most dungeons are ones that are harder to end up under count on; being over count is a much bigger problem in several of the current keys. With that in mind, I try to provide some tips on mobs that you can "walk by" skip rather than focusing on percentages to hit.

• So'leah's Gambit
    Keylevel 1-9: 37.9% in the murloc area (hug left coast and only pull what you need to)
    Keylevel 10+: At least 35.3% in the murloc area, but must pull every mob after this point to hit 100%

• Streets of Wonder
    n/a - just make sure you're at 100% before you go up to last boss, as he has no trash.

• Mechagon Junkyard
    n/a - the challenge will be not going over count. Pull only what you need to to safely do bosses and navigate around, and you should be okay. If you're under, there is plenty to pull on the way to the last boss.

• Mechagon Workshop
    Keylevel 1-9: 65.6% after third boss
    Keylevel 10+: 65% after third boss.
    However, if you're not doing any skips, you will be over count by the end so you may not need to worry about this.

• Iron Docks
    Keystone 1-9: 57.5% minimum at second boss.
    Keystone 10+: 58.7% at second boss, assuming you pull both the sidepacks on the way to the third boss. If you're at 72% or higher, you can skip the sidepacks.
    Clear ample space around your path on the way to the first boss and at him, and then try to hit as much as you can with the big wheels, and you should be good.

• Grimrail Depot
    n/a - On rails, just pull everything you need to pull to progress and you'll hit (slight over) 100%. If you're doing a 10+ you can skip the two Overseers on the right on the way to the first boss. You will need their percent in 2-9 keys range, however.

• Lower Karazhan
    n/a - It's going to be very hard to be under count here without doing the death skip, but if you do that, there is ample trash to choose from to make up count around every boss.

• Upper Karazhan
    n/a - You will go way over count just pulling everything on your path. You can safely skip one Damaged Golem at the top of the stairs before Curator, all the fel bats, the out of the way rats and spiders in the Mana Devourer's room and you will still be over count.

Also, here is a great weakaura that prints some of this data https://wago.io/_PCyfyfoR in chat during your run. This is NOT MY WEAKAURA. I'm just listing because people might find it useful and it serves a similar function to this cheatsheet. I use it and highly recommend it, winging keys or otherwise.

Depreciated Keys:
    Spoiler: 
    Plaguefall
    84.5% before you drop to last boss if skipping downstairs slimes.
    If you need (or want for necro buff) them, each of the downstairs slimes is worth exactly 1% and there are three of them.
    • Spires of Ascension
    87.4% before you go up to last boss.
    • Halls of Atonement
    79.5% before second boss if Venthyr present.
    If no Venthyr, Loyal bat mobs are worth 1.5%
    • Sanguine Depths
    69% before dropping to third boss.
    If you need extra, flyby bats are worth 1.1%.
    • De Other Side
    89.6% before dropping the waterfall after dragon in Ardenweald if you're doing this wing last.
    If needed, the stealth pack down the ramp before Dealer is worth 1.6%.
    If doing some other order, you need to pick up 30.4% in Ardenweald wing assuming no skips elsewhere.
    • Necrotic Wake
    68.2% before heading up to third boss.
    • Mists of Tirna Scithe
    n/a - just make up count needed on the extra bugs after the last boss.
    • Theatre of Pain
    n/a - impossible to be under count without using skips
    Last edited by Tziva; 2022-08-18 at 05:58 PM. Reason: S4 prep

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

TY, good stuff!
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Nice.

Sure for SD? AFAIK, 70 % before going to 3rd boss is enough, and I think the real threshold is a bit lower, around 69.5 %.

Gonna check on my MDT tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naville View Post
    Nice.

Sure for SD? AFAIK, 70 % before going to 3rd boss is enough, and I think the real threshold is a bit lower, around 69.5 %.

Gonna check on my MDT tonight.
    I did all the counts with a route planner but I must have misclicked something because you're correct.

The trash in the whole section after the boss -- not counting the flyby bats -- is worth exactly 31%. I'll update accordingly. Thanks!

| twitch | bsky
    |

I fucking love you. Is it possible to make a wa from this as a reminder? I know my brain isn't capable of remembering this stuff until the next dungeon ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    I fucking love you. Is it possible to make a wa from this as a reminder? I know my brain isn't capable of remembering this stuff until the next dungeon ><
    My weakaura skills are primarily limited to making them call me names when an important buff falls off, but there is a WA that exists that does part of this already: https://wago.io/_PCyfyfoR I've never used it but I have several friends that do. I don't entirely love the places it marks as checkpoints and it's missing some of the places I have the hardest time with, but it'll probably work for you!

The best I could probably make myself is just something that puts those numbers somewhere on your screen when you zone in to the appropriate dungeon, but isn't smart about updating dynamically based on count or area you're in. The one I linked is probably much nicer!
    Last edited by Tziva; 2021-02-24 at 07:52 PM.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Thanks a lot mate, that really helps if you don't know the routes by heart

NOW I love you even more. Thanks for the link

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    NOW I love you even more. Thanks for the link
    BTW tested that WA tonight and it's pretty good. I endorse whoever made it.

| twitch | bsky
    |

There was a hotfix a few weeks ago that makes the flying sentinels before Kaal worth % too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    There was a hotfix a few weeks ago that makes the flying sentinels before Kaal worth % too.
    Nice, it was super weird they didn't, so I figured it was a bug. Routeplanners still seem to have 0%, but I'll update if someone knows their count.

| twitch | bsky
    |

awesome, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    BTW tested that WA tonight and it's pretty good. I endorse whoever made it.
    Can confirm that. did 6 m+ tonight and the % was accurate.

In halls of atonement you always want 80% before echolon.
    And In sanguine depths they patched the flying sentinels to always give percentages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    In halls of atonement you always want 80% before echolon.
    And In sanguine depths they patched the flying sentinels to always give percentages.
    Good point, I updated HoA to clarify percentage based on whether or not you are killing the bats before the third boss or a Venthyr is taming them because that's the reason for the discrepancy.

As far as the Sentinels, you're the second person to mention that (I didn't know!) but no one so far has known the percentage for me to update it, and sites like keystone.guru still have them at zero. If you know, please let me know and I will happily update my numbers for folks.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Useful thread. Giving it a bump. Deserves a sticky

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit late, but I finally got around to mathing out DOS sections for count for Season 2. I had been waiting to see if there ended up being a standard/universal routedone with the minibosses (since those routes do trickle down even into sub-10 keys), but I think we're as close as we're going to get to that.

I still see a few different routes when doing DOS so it's hard to give definitive number, but what I see most commonly is clearing the entire outside ring (sometimes with a side detour into Mech for the Lt. only) and then doing Ardenweald first. If you do that, you will need to be at 63.5% when you pull Dealer. If you did go into Mechagon for the miniboss and you killed the Dental Drill when you were there, knock 2.1% off.

For other routes that do the wings in some other order, know that the main ring is 33.1% for everything (including the red dude patrols), Zul Gurub is worth 16.4% in total, and Mechagon is gives 20.1%, so you need to get 30.4% in Ardenweald.

Otherwise, if it's a sub-10 key, I'd probably just recommend doing Ardenweald last so you can hit 100% there for ease of count.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2021-09-21 at 05:46 PM. Reason: typo

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice list! Another option to add to this: If you use Method Dungeon Tools you can see the percentage needed to advance to the next area by clicking on the pack going into that area.

You can place a note onto the MDT map, and you could use that to enter the % needed before advancing. You will see the note when you mouse-over it. This’ll give you a quick way of checking the % as well.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

funny you say ToP is impossible to be under, did a 17 tonight where one of the gladiator mobs bugged out and never became active. even pulling both of the gasbags we were 1% off with the only place to make it up in the teleport room. needless to say we went over time.

OT WA looks good, been looking for something like this

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Nice list! Another option to add to this: If you use Method Dungeon Tools you can see the percentage needed to advance to the next area by clicking on the pack going into that area.

You can place a note onto the MDT map, and you could use that to enter the % needed before advancing. You will see the note when you mouse-over it. This’ll give you a quick way of checking the % as well.
    Yeah the cheatsheet is mostly intended to be for people who are winging it in lower keys, I feel like if people have MDT they probably are using it to preplanned a route, but good to know!
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    funny you say ToP is impossible to be under, did a 17 tonight where one of the gladiator mobs bugged out and never became active. even pulling both of the gasbags we were 1% off with the only place to make it up in the teleport room. needless to say we went over time.
    Yeah, I also encountered that bug this week with two of the gladiators. It suuucks.

| twitch | bsky
    |