Poll: When did you first realize you were getting old?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    When I keep seeing memes of the "Do you remember/know what these are anymore? " and my first instinct is to say "That was like yesterday" only to realize theres whole new generation of near adulta or adults who never had any of those potential things incorporated in their life in any meaningful fashion. Thats when I feel particulary old.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    I get to replace... ‘dude, things were so different before 9/11’... to... ‘dude, things were so different before Covid’...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I’m 21... for many years now. Seriously I always have to add when asked about my age :-]

5+ Year Old Account
    How did 'Other' win, lol?

*mental note: Never put an Other option for these kinds of polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post

Hell is the other...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post

becasue your poll is missing a LOT of options that people mentioned. like you know achey knees, not sleeping through the night anymore, realizing that people you know as babies, are having babies of their own, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    becasue your poll is missing a LOT of options that people mentioned. like you know achey knees, not sleeping through the night anymore, realizing that people you know as babies, are having babies of their own, etc.
    True. I’m one of the „Other”

When I was a junior in high school that moment i realize i fucked up
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account
    When Snapchat came out
    And then TikTok. And here I am still using Facebook and Instagram and refuse to even try the new shit kids use.

I don't feel old. I feel happy about life and where I'm at.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don’t get old.

When I pull a back muscle I definitely look old limping along. And since my head is then constantly tilting down... I do find a lot of loose change then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I saw a woman who was an adult wearing a sweatshirt that said, "Class of 2000" and I asked if that was when she graduated. She said yes.

I walked away and thought I am fucking old. I feel like 2000 just happened.

Not too long after when the Switch first came out a coworker was asking me about it for her kids. She said she had the first original Nintendo when she was young. I said I did as well. She thought the GameCube was the original Nintendo console. I meant the NES, she had never even seen it before.
    A guy I went to college with never seen a game cartridge of any kind before....this was in 2015 and he was like 19

Losing interest in mmo's was a big "I'm getting old" moment for me.

I just can't seem to get interested in them anymore, partly because so little has changed in the mmoscape for so long and you can only play the same highly similar games for so long.

MMO's are all i've ever done. I feel lost right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Losing interest in mmo's was a big "I'm getting old" moment for me.

I just can't seem to get interested in them anymore, partly because so little has changed in the mmoscape for so long and you can only play the same highly similar games for so long.

MMO's are all i've ever done. I feel lost right now.
    Oh, that's true. I had a similar situation last year. Over time, you will find something new. I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    That first time I threw my back out.
    This. Back was 3ish years ago. Has happened once since. The amount of care I take to avoid this now is often times ludicrous. First time was moving a couch, Second time was weeding my front yard, and I’m still not sure how I did it.

It was recovery time. Probably around when I was 35 or so years old. I used to be able to mow the grass, clean the house, fix the car, go help a friend move, and take a nap and party all night. Now when I mow the grass and take a shower I hit the couch and feel slow and sluggish until I take a nap. At first it was only slight. Then it got more noticeable. Now it is fucking hitting the breaks.