Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    I raided as fury warrior back in the day doing like 2000dps single target
    don't say that here, because according to many, warriors were 5-6k dps capable outside of gimmick fights. im lazy to look and post quotes but im sure someone said he could pull out 4.5k dps easily without glaives on a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    don't say that here, because according to many, warriors were 5-6k dps capable outside of gimmick fights. im lazy to look and post quotes but im sure someone said he could pull out 4.5k dps easily without glaives on a warrior.
    Literally nobody has said that, you've just pulled it straight out of your arse. You're too lazy to read the posts to begin with, let alone to quote them.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember pulling threat on Enhance, wearing rogue leather. But there were ways around it, like you would just use flametongue weapon on pull, then switch to WF after a couple seconds, you don't really lose DPS this way, maybe a tiny tiny bit, it would be RNG anyway.

The big thing as enhance was not falling over to mechanics, because you don't have gap closers or immunities or stances, you just have your Shammy Rage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    A Fire mage in the same group as a Destro Lock getting the same buffs/bloodlusts are closer than many people seem to think.
    Yeah fire mage enables Destro fire, they go well together towards the end when destro might actually be interested in going fire. The entire raid is most likely optimized for being shadow destro though.

Warlock and hunter are consistent top dps, with warlock having really good synergy with shadow priests (improved shadowbolt & shadow weaving).

Third spot depends on tier, either shaman, mage or rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Literally nobody has said that, you've just pulled it straight out of your arse. You're too lazy to read the posts to begin with, let alone to quote them.
    yeah, you said that you could pull off a 4.3k dps in BT without glaives, LOL. matter of fact, you said, I CANT wait to TOP dps as warrior. LMAO.

the whole point of the thread is to know wich were the BEST 3 DPS in TBC, you came up with warrior wich is a 100% lie.

top 3 dps will be always range, hunter, lock and mage. no matter what you show here, no matter wich fight we see, a hunter a mage or a lock will be top.

yeah, you said that you could pull off a 4.3k dps in BT without glaives, LOL. matter of fact, you said, I CANT wait to TOP dps as warrior. LMAO.

the whole point of the thread is to know wich were the BEST 3 DPS in TBC, you came up with warrior wich is a 100% lie.

top 3 dps will be always range, hunter, lock and mage. no matter what you show here, no matter wich fight we see, a hunter a mage or a lock will be top.
    I didnt say anything, I linked a log of me doing 4.3k dps on Akama you absolute flannel. And of course im gonna top dps as Warrior, I've 14 years experience doing that to give me confidence in my gameplay. How about read some of the posts and take part in the discussion intstead of spewing random out of context offtopic bollox every 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    This has nothing to do with the reason BM didn't see play in WotLK(spoiler alert: it was the most OP spec in the game during Naxx until it was nerfed).

It never saw play(after Naxx) because pets do not scale well(no ArP scaling, and they need expertise to not get dodged) and BM lacked an actual damage ability(one similar to MM's Chimera Shot or SV's Explosive Shot).

Steady shot being changed from 1.5 to 2.0 literally did nothing.
    Yeah the 3.0.8 BM nerfs was what I was talking about... Just assumed the Steady Shot cast time nerf came together with those.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Yeah the 3.0.8 BM nerfs was what I was talking about... Just assumed the Steady Shot cast time nerf came together with those.
    there was no nerf to cast time, we lost the quiver thus that had to be adjusted.

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt say anything, I linked a log of me doing 4.3k dps on Akama you absolute flannel. And of course im gonna top dps as Warrior, I've 14 years experience doing that to give me confidence in my gameplay. How about read some of the posts and take part in the discussion intstead of spewing random out of context offtopic bollox every 4 days.
    sure thing bro, i will be waiting ur 4.3k dps without glaives in TBC.

warrior will be tanks and the occasional dps one to stack sunders and imp shouts, other than that, warriors will be trash in pve. PVP is a different monster

sure thing bro, i will be waiting ur 4.3k dps without glaives in TBC
    Lol where are you even bringing these lines from? I posted an actual log of myself actually doing 4300 dps in 2008, with no glaives. Now the part where you've taken a WWS log from BT and turned that into discussing warriors doing 4300 dps on brutallus is from the very shallow depths of your own imagination. I can do nothing but laugh at you because you're taking part in a discussion where the topic you're discussing is entirely absent from the thread.

What a clown.

And of course im gonna top dps as Warrior, I've 14 years experience doing that to give me confidence in my gameplay.
    Erm. Just to get this straight. Experience doesn't automatically top dps. If your class has shit dps you won't top dps because of 14y experience. You might be better than 14y ago, but yeah - that is about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Facefive View Post
    Erm. Just to get this straight. Experience doesn't automatically top dps. If your class has shit dps you won't top dps because of 14y experience. You might be better than 14y ago, but yeah - that is about it.
    As a hunter in Classic, yup

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter and Warlock holding hands. Trailer closely or on pair by mages and trailer by elemental and rogues.
    Warriors become strong later on and rogues might surpass elemental I think.

Now, you might not want to be playing one of those if you want a chance at stuff, because hunter will be extremely overpopulated and so will be warlocks.

Of course but it's dumb to compare classic where there is no class balance to TBC where there is good class balance (arguably better than SL balance). And we are we pretending like I'm not specifically talking about TBC here, where I've played private servers with some of the best players in the world, and I have countless screenshots from the real TBC where I am top damage as Warrior, including but not limited to the log I posted earlier in this thread, and youtube videos of gameplay with myself showing topping or near top of the damage meters, including a youtube video where I go into detail explaining how many players are vastly underestimating how good Fury is in TBC.

But quite how a discussion about tank threat devolved into our friend above skim-reading his way into thinking we're claiming Fury Warriors can do 4k dps on Brutallus I have no idea, that's quite honestly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    As a hunter in Classic, yup
    That problem is because Classic has no class balance, it's just a complete mess. TBC is pretty well balanced by comparison, at least on single target. In TBC as a Warrior I have a much better chance of coming top dps than I do in Shadowlands, where Warrior is only able to perform in a very specific niche and other classes can be so far ahead in some scenarios it might as well be compared to Vanilla.

TBC that's not the case, class balance is pretty good when players have comparable group/raid buffs.

https://imgur.com/a/Svl6V07

It's like here, how about a Prot Warrior topping the DPS on Shade of Aran (dps gear equipped). Of course it's because Aran has extreme low armor. But boss armor in TBC plays a significant part in which classes do well, it's why a lot of the melee glory runs happen to be in Hyjal as all the bosses are 6200 armor.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-04-12 at 02:22 PM.

the log I posted earlier in this thread, .
    Can you repost it. I can't find it. Thanks

Can you repost it. I can't find it. Thanks
    Page 7

/10char

Page 7

/10char
    A video and a screenshot is not a log. That is just a video and a screenshot. Unless I am super pepega right now, there is no actual log. I am asking quite specifically because logs don't lie. And if you really did 4,3k dps on Akama I would like to know how. For research purposes.
    I am not pointing fingers here, I am actually curious how to do it.

Hunters and Warlocks afaik, mages should not be far behind.

In my memory Elemental Shaman was AMAZING during TBC; upper-mid table consistently, at least for me.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

A video and a screenshot is not a log. That is just a video and a screenshot. Unless I am super pepega right now, there is no actual log. I am asking quite specifically because logs don't lie. And if you really did 4,3k dps on Akama I would like to know how. For research purposes.
    Contact the owner of WWS logs and ask him to put the website back online, since that screenshot is from august 2008 and the website has been offline for about 10 years. How do you do it? You take an overgeared raid and you kill Akama inside Bloodlust (probably used recklessness + armorsmithing blacksmithing on-use chestpiece, so 2x 30min big dps CD's). But there is nothing special going on here, my log wasn't even top 20 among public logs back then.

But like what are we even arguing here, I didn't come here to say Fury Warrior was the best dps in TBC, but I certainly came to dispell this myth that Fury somehow is only good in T6 onwards with Glaives, because it's complete nonsense. But you're at the point here where I need a time machine back to 2008 to prove my point and have you sitting right next to me in my bedroom, I can't do miracles I'm just here to discuss the game.

What part of the discussion are you even disagreeing on, if any?

Its not really hard, the fight lasted 30 seconds and there is shittons of cleave available.
    It is a meaningless outlier though, showing what we all know to be true - fury is bis at cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Its not really hard, the fight lasted 30 seconds and there is shittons of cleave available.
    It is a meaningless outlier though, showing what we all know to be true - fury is bis at cleave.
    And for some context, Perrito claimed Fury could only come top on Teron Gorefiend (low armor ST boss) and suggested I was wrong/lying when I gave my breakdown of how Fury performs in Black Temple, I posted the Akama log to prove a point. And he took that point and turned it into "so now you're saying Fury can do 4.3k dps on Brutallus"..

And ridiculousness ensues from there. But yes, Akama easy to do high dps on as a Warrior. Anything with low armor and/or with adds is just heaven for Warrior, even Rogue to an extent (at least on shorter bursts where Blade Flurry can contribute a lot and they have a high HP mob to stack combo points on).