Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    warlock/hunter is the safest bet imo. you will be always desired everywhere.

thats why im taking exacly this route with TBC classic.

thx god for boost so i will have instantly lock on 58 and then level belf hunter

BM hunters and destro locks. Glaive rogue after that but unless the rogue is the GM, it's not happening in a vast majority of guilds.

Based on Classic experience i can see prot / fury warriors GM from Classic ninjaing the first 2 glaives. Like they rolled warrior to get themselves both Sulfuras and Thunderfury. Unless they plan on boosting a rogue just to get the glaives ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    Didn't they switch to the modern API in TBC?

Edit: I assume we're talking about the
    /cast Blood Fury
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Steady Shot Reset=3
    /cast Lightning Breath

Or whatever it was. I'm just typing whatever I remember my hunter used back in TBC

Another edit:
    According to https://wow.gamepedia.com/Macro_(1.0) macros were different Pre TBC. So I'd assume from that wording that it was changed in TBC
    Yeah I don't know how the macro worked so I can't know for sure, just that a lot of one button macros has been broken over the years. I had a one button macro for my retribution paladin back in Mists for example that no longer works because changes they made to the macro system.

If it's as simple as CD, trinkets, pet ability and steady shot it will most likely work. If it uses multiple hunter abilities that are on the GCD it probably won't work. If it's just steady shot spam for the most part you don't really need a macro for it and you should probably have your blood fury and trinkets separated so you don't use them at the wrong time, for example it's pointless to use them if your target has like 2% hp left.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Mage were 2nd and 3rd damage on the world first kill of M'uru. Nice try.
    theres logs for sk gamings world 1st Muru? where?

Are we talking p2 dmg or overall?

Because generally mages and shadowpriests were just dpsing m'uru in p1 while all the other classes handles the adds because they were better at it.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    hunters and mages has and allways will be tier s

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No they have done no such thing. They said drums would be looked at and likely changed, and cited a debuff as a possible solution. At no point did they certify any of this. They simply said it was likely.
    I hope they don't change it.
    Drums rotations was what we did back then and removing it would change the game from how it was. Theres simply no reason to remove it.

Sure i get the #somechanges but i don't see drums as a problem. They have less of an impact that engineering had in vanilla thats for sure.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

There's a spellsteal buff you can get on M'uru phase 1, but there's no benefit to stacking mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    No they have done no such thing. They said drums would be looked at and likely changed, and cited a debuff as a possible solution. At no point did they certify any of this. They simply said it was likely.
    "The team is aware of the problem Leatherworking drums might play into BC Classic, and will likely be making minor adjustments so that they don't feel compulsory. The drums will still be a powerful advantage for leatherworkers, however."

wait for beta but warlock or hunter is safe option

Enahncement also competes for top spot in sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    hunter is not the way 1 button spam as you think of it today. yes, he put steady shot and kill command in a macro he spammed all the time. but also hunter in these days had to do more with managing pet. do some kiting (hunter is master of kiting in TBC). was it easy ? ofc, its hunter. was it standing around pressing 1 key ? no.
    Uh..yes... yes it literally was. Our guilds hunter made a video of herself (man I wish I still had it) on bosses she didnt need to move at all on, of a bobblehead thingy with the counterweight literally pressing the 1 key over and over while she left the room and topped meters by a fair margin.. they were seriously broken lol

Google Google and Google /thread
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would definitely say hunter, but also, a lot of people would be bored with it. You could potentially macro your whole thing in 1 or 2 keys lol.

However, they were fun and strong.

https://www.twitch.tv/mrgm/clip/Bash...=clips_viewing

It’s pretty clear they don’t want LW to be mandatory because of Drums, LW will still be good for those who will use LW crafted armor but you likely won’t have LW if you’re not going to use the gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Raw dps, no utility or buffs/debuffs in mind:
    Hunters > Warlocks > (Rogues and Fury Warriors in BT+ gear) > (Ret Paladins in SW gear) > Mages > Ele Shaman, Balance and Feral Druid> Arms Warrior, Ret Paladin > Shadow Priest, Enhancement Shaman > Fury Warrior, Rogue.

However in order of priority in your raid list there are a number of specs you bring before the "big pumpers", such as Shadow Priest and Arms Warrior.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    World first does not reflect the mass of the players.
    Those players are extremely good.
    The average person is not close to them on skill.
    It's a spellsteal buff you can get on M'uru, but that doesn't help any mage past the first two.

My choice currently is between Mage & Hunter.

The mage is the current main (Naxx gear)

Do you all think it will be safe to play Mage during TBC for raids? Or should i switch to hunter?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Enhance shaman is a bit of a trap. You only ever wanted one for totem twisting, which meant whichever Shaman was picked was usually very very good. It was also very difficult to play.

I also fully expect Lust/Hero to trigger raid wide instead of party wide in BC classic to reduce the need for leatherworkers.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    My choice currently is between Mage & Hunter.

The mage is the current main (Naxx gear)

Do you all think it will be safe to play Mage during TBC for raids?
    Mage is absolutely inferior to hunter in TBC pve by a decent margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    As i remember i was top dps as furry war late phase of exp. Mage is always good choice to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    There's a spellsteal buff you can get on M'uru phase 1, but there's no benefit to stacking mages.
    Most guides would tell you to bring no more than 2. Shammies and locks crushed them for that fight. Anybody that thinks it was a good fight for mages didn't do it or did it way after it was current
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."