Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Mage is absolutely inferior to hunter in TBC pve by a decent margin.
    Totally depends on fight lenght , private servers usually have boosted bosses. If fights is beteeen 2-5 mins i cannot see a hunter even compete with a arcane mage.

Depends on fight length tbc. Private servers usually have boosted Bosses etc that makes fights longer and that is pro for warlocks/hunters. But of fights are between 2-5 mins i cannot see hunters or locks own arcane mages at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    They said they wanted to reduce the big need for leatherworking for drums, im sorta expecting raid wide heroism to come from this.

#SomeChanges
    That's a gigantic change that has nothing to do with drums since drums have nothing to do with Bloodlust in TBC.

Hunter and Warlock everything else is there for buff or debufs

Quote Originally Posted by Svalle View Post
    Depends on fight length tbc. Private servers usually have boosted Bosses etc that makes fights longer and that is pro for warlocks/hunters. But of fights are between 2-5 mins i cannot see hunters or locks own arcane mages at all.
    Which is a good thing for the meta, though I don't think Hunters will be as dominant as people think since the macro is most likely not going to work on the modern API which means the skillcap is going to be high - probably the highest of any DPS.

I see Mages and honestly maybe Shadow Priests (put into groups of DPS buffs since they won't have to bother with conserving mana) being top tier. Warlocks will likely be up there as well, especially Affliction.

Yeah arcane will dominate most boss fights from T5 2set till later T6 (unless you bring like 3 of them and there arent enough innervates).
    On the other hand mages will be useless in speedruns because they have to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    This post is just so lost.

Brutallus - Back in 2008 I remember progressing on this. He's 7700 armor boss (KJ, Kalecgos, Felmyst, Twins are 6200). I remember going in day 1 (I didn't do Kalecgos progress with them) and doing like 1800 dps after having got a top 20 ranking on Akama (4300dps) and similar on Gorefiend (2400dps ish) competing with our hunters. I had to respec imp demo shout, help stack sunders and keep up imp demo shout, I was so rage starved I was nowhere on the dps and the guild was criticising me asking me where my DPS had vanished to. In low gear on progression Warrior cannot compete with Warlocks on Brut without glaives, later on that problem solves itself with SWP gear (glaives or not) and higher ignore armor. By the time you're doing glory dps on Brut as Fury it doesn't matter anyway, so weird example for you to use.

Hyjal - Every boss in Hyjal is 6200 armor and is mostly a patchwerk, it's insanely good for DPS Warrior. Archimonde is the only difficult fight but if you're good at dodging Doomfire and you intercept the airburst (not floating down into another continent with the tears) you will keep near 100% uptime, making good Fury players able to top this fight.

- https://i.imgur.com/dfEQD2P.jpg - I don't have any shots of Archimonde but I sucked too hard to do good dps on that back in the day (today is another matter). But here look at Anetheron, at relevant T5 + hyjal gear (still got my T4 helm even).

Black Temple - Literally only Supremus is bad for melee and Warrior can blast on most of them. You realise you can interrupt while effectively losing 0 dps? I mean I feel like it's crazy we're having the conversation here that needing to interrupt makes your dps poor, you can full dps on ROS while keeping interrupts. And on Council, we used to separate them wide apart in TBC (not this timewalking almost stacked thing I see now) and when I did interrupt duty on that I was Prot. It's a 6200 armor boss (that's the lowest of the 3 main tiers, amazing) and when I was Fury I went on the Paladin, you only have to briefly reposition and your uptime is high. I used to demolish on that fight in 2008.

I've always been competitive playing Fury, I don't know why we're using this logic of judging dps based on players who did low dps because they had to interrupt every 10 seconds, or had to move for a mechanic occasionally. Why are we basing our opinions on the lowest skilled players? If you take 2 terrible players and put one on a Lock and the other on a Fury you can definitely figure out the 1 button class is gonna do better than the one that requires moment to moment resource management, off gcd abilities and buff tracking.

Players these days are good, the harder to play specs will on average show up better than they did 10-15 years ago.
    yeah i guess my guild did it wrong then, we would put the rogues on interupt duty and our only dps warrior tunnel the boss, melee in pretty much any fight is doing a task, you couldnt tell the range to do task because anything will 1 shot you (unless locks with resist gear), even MD was kinda useless, it was 3 shots and it had a long cd, not like now that is seconds and has a low cd.

i said brutalus because it was one of the easiest fight in SW, in BT there was only 1 fight that warriors shine, and ArP wasnt a thing back then, in WOTLK king was and still very hard to beat that hunter with a scorpid pet volleying even in ST fights.

warriors or rogue (glaive or no glaive, with or without arp) werent versatile to let them tunnel, you will be better off letting your range do that, since you could use them in every fight.

past t6 4pc hunters are pretty much untouchable, dps wise, even survival (doing sting duty and HM speced) was better than melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Yes it does. You can clip autoshots if you pop haste pots with bl and rapid fire. That's why you dont
    it only affected autoshot not casting speed or gcd. not in hunters.

we used wild magic pots for the crit portion of it. haste pots did nothing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    yeah i guess my guild did it wrong then, we would put the rogues on interupt duty and our only dps warrior tunnel the boss, melee in pretty much any fight is doing a task, you couldnt tell the range to do task because anything will 1 shot you (unless locks with resist gear), even MD was kinda useless, it was 3 shots and it had a long cd, not like now that is seconds and has a low cd.

i said brutalus because it was one of the easiest fight in SW, in BT there was only 1 fight that warriors shine, and ArP wasnt a thing back then, in WOTLK king was and still very hard to beat that hunter with a scorpid pet volleying even in ST fights.

warriors or rogue (glaive or no glaive, with or without arp) werent versatile to let them tunnel, you will be better off letting your range do that, since you could use them in every fight.

past t6 4pc hunters are pretty much untouchable, dps wise, even survival (doing sting duty and HM speced) was better than melee.

- - - Updated - - -

it only affected autoshot not casting speed or gcd. not in hunters.

we used wild magic pots for the crit portion of it. haste pots did nothing for us.
    Warriors shine on Gorefiend, Akama, Mother, Council, Bloodboil, ROS. Only Supremus do they struggle, you can do "tasks" while also dealing dps, having to interrupt is not a reason to lose dps. Also, Armor Penetration was huge in TBC and was plentiful in BT and ZA, it was actually bad at the launch of WOTLK when it was converted into a % stat, and then got buffed later in Ulduar.

In TBC I did and will beat hunters on a lot of fights, can't wait to see the excuses about it too.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-03-01 at 03:46 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Warriors shine on Gorefiend, Akama, Mother, Council, Bloodboil, ROS. Only Supremus do they struggle, you can do "tasks" while also dealing dps, having to interrupt is not a reason to lose dps. Also, Armor Penetration was huge in TBC and was plentiful in BT and ZA, it was actually bad at the launch of WOTLK when it was converted into a % stat, and then got buffed later in Ulduar.

In TBC I did and will beat hunters on a lot of fights, can't wait to see the excuses about it too.
    you mean Gorefiend, thats about it, in BT, ROS dead after you pull agro, mother in LUL wall strat, and council, sure, specially when you die in the 1st concecration. melee was awfull on most fights, warriors shine in 1 fight as far as i remember and it was Gorefiend because of his low armor, you could get some ArP in ZA but thats about it. nobody stack it as you did in WOTLK where you could cap with trinkets.

you mean Gorefiend, thats about it, in BT, ROS dead after you pull agro, mother in LUL wall strat, and council, sure, specially when you die in the 1st concecration. melee was awfull on most fights, warriors shine in 1 fight as far as i remember and it was Gorefiend because of his low armor.
    No I don't mean just Gorefiend, I slaughtered on all those fights back in the day.

From 2008 - TBC for me was just me just dangling my big one around. I love when people tell me that my experience is wrong, and often because they played a bad private server where their guild leaders took an Arms Warrior, didn't give him buffs and then compared him to a fully juiced BM Hunter to conclude that Warriors were weak.

Fury Warriors were strong in TBC, really great. I'm sorry if your Warriors were bad or you didn't give them Windfury.

you could get some ArP in ZA but thats about it. nobody stack it as you did in WOTLK where you could cap with trinkets
    Armor Ignore was a static number in TBC and you could armor ignore cap on a number of bosses. If you look at my spreadsheet I have an ARP calculator built in to show you if you've capped on ARP with your current itemset based on the boss, either passively or with Executioner/Madness. ARP in TBC is insanely strong for Warriors/Rogues. Like I said it got changed to a % in 3.0 and was initially bad before being buffed in Ulduar, that's when the fun began in WOTLK but it was insane in TBC and huge in T6/S3 onwards.

Yes you stack it, it's literally the best stat.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-03-03 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    And late game with Glaives Rogues and Warriors.
    Fury warriors with glaives might top charts, rogues will still suck ������

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh i think with 2.4.3 talents and item stat boosts this will be a speed meta therefore dps charts will differ alot from private servers.

Fury warriors with glaives might top charts, rogues will still suck ������

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh i think with 2.4.3 talents and item stat boosts this will be a speed meta therefore dps charts will differ alot from private servers.
    Just to be clear when I link these big dick screenshots from 2008, I never looted a Warglaive until TBC was long over. We had 2 sets in the guild, both those Rogues got poached, then the 3rd one went to the guilds long time mascot and Vanilla main-tank turned Fury Warrior, which he didn't use because an offhand glaive without a mainhand is worse than SW trash fist.

All my big dick photos are T6-BT geared without Sunwell weapons. Our first and only madness of the betrayer went to the Ret Paladin for loyalty and we didn't kill Muru. I think the guild got burned so hard by giving Rogues glaives that they changed their approach. Fury with Glaives is incredible in TBC but I never had that benefit, I still had Talon of the Phoenix going into Sunwell (not that it's a bad thing, it's only one step down from glaives from PVE sources).

bit of a ramble, point I'm making is you don't need glaives to be good on Rogue/Warrior, but they certainly make a big difference when scaling starts to go bonkers for the few specs that actually scale (locks, hunters, rogues, fury warriors).
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-03-03 at 09:10 PM.

Single Target, Hunters will dominate. Arcane Mages will be 2nd most of the expansion. On slightly longer fights and if there are any parts where seed can contribute then Warlock takes 2nd.

Arcane Mages will be very very good in TBC classic. It will surprise a lot of people. On something like Brutallus Hunters will be in a league of their own though. Rogue can compete with BIS (with glaives) and in a perfect grp. But its one of those things, is it worth to wait til the very end of TBC until you can top the meters/compete on very specific fights. But they do have a higher ceiling than Destro Locks for example.

Safe bets are Hunter - Mage - Locks. Enh shaman is also very good they do more dps than they should with the buffs they bring.
    Last edited by Essem; 2021-03-08 at 01:51 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks, hunter, and rogues. Warriors aren't that far behind, but they weren't higher than those three.

Only problem with rogues and fury warriors is they need an ideal group to actually do damage, warlocks need a shaman and that's basically it. Hunters don't really need that many buffs either and have one of the better buffs in the game that basically stacks/fits with any group.

Our fury warrior did a few hundred less DPS than I did on my rogue in Sunwell, and he had the exact same gear as me pretty much. Both having MH warglaives. He would top out at 2600-2800 DPS on a boss like Brutallus, while I would routinely hit 2800-3000 (just like our geared locks and hunters). Pretty much everybody had ideal groups and the fury warrior shared the same group with me (totem twisting enhancement shaman, retribution paladin, two rogues, and him. Our arms warrior was in the tank group pretty much.

I'm essentially basing everything off of how we did progression back in TBC (I don't play private servers), doing all of the content when it's relevant (3.0 talents shouldn't count, because ret paladins and warriors did absolutely retarded damage leading up to WoTLK). This might be how things play out when TBC comes out again in regards to 'speed' clears, and it shouldn't be shocking that classes with strong CDs on short fights are going to amped up (warrior is strong in classic, but if you want to know why, a big part of it is because kill times are short with death wish being one of the strongest CDs in the game). Bosses like Shade of Akama have a damage amp and Reliquary of Souls has damage amp portions built into the second phase (deaden) and the aura in the last phase.

Like I said those three are the strongest from my experience, and warriors aren't bad either. The major problem with both warriors and rogues is that melee is typically frowned upon in TBC, and making anymore than one dedicated melee group isn't going to be the norm (nor was it the norm back then either). Our guild basically had one dedicated melee group, with some left over melee with the tanks in group one (prot warrior, feral druid, arms warrior, shaman and then a warlock or hunter). Warlocks and hunters are way easier to gear, have the benefit of being range, and can fit in pretty much any group. Melee without support really suck is the TLDR here.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    And late game with Glaives Rogues and Warriors.
    Pretty inferior class balance to modern World of Warcraft.

No I don't mean just Gorefiend, I slaughtered on all those fights back in the day.

From 2008 - TBC for me was just me just dangling my big one around. I love when people tell me that my experience is wrong, and often because they played a bad private server where their guild leaders took an Arms Warrior, didn't give him buffs and then compared him to a fully juiced BM Hunter to conclude that Warriors were weak.

Fury Warriors were strong in TBC, really great. I'm sorry if your Warriors were bad or you didn't give them Windfury.

Armor Ignore was a static number in TBC and you could armor ignore cap on a number of bosses. If you look at my spreadsheet I have an ARP calculator built in to show you if you've capped on ARP with your current itemset based on the boss, either passively or with Executioner/Madness. ARP in TBC is insanely strong for Warriors/Rogues. Like I said it got changed to a % in 3.0 and was initially bad before being buffed in Ulduar, that's when the fun began in WOTLK but it was insane in TBC and huge in T6/S3 onwards.

Yes you stack it, it's literally the best stat.
    you can say whatever you want, threat is an issue, you are telling me that you were able to pull off a 4k dps when the norm was 3.1 - 3.5k dps back in that time. hunters could go strong all the way always because of FD (even on long CD timer and resists) and misdirection. warrios would sunder the 1st 30 sec of a fight and then maybe they would go out loud after tanks had ample threat.

no tank will generate 5k dps threat to hold your spikes (this even if they nerf threat, remember that in TBC it was 120% when in melee).

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    what were the top 3 DPS in the burning crusades???
    Hunter, Warlock, Arcane mage (if supported), then Ret (if supported), fury if neither above.

you can say whatever you want, threat is an issue, you are telling me that you were able to pull off a 4k dps when the norm was 3.1 - 3.5k dps back in that time. hunters could go strong all the way always because of FD (even on long CD timer and resists) and misdirection. warrios would sunder the 1st 30 sec of a fight and then maybe they would go out loud after tanks had ample threat.

no tank will generate 5k dps threat to hold your spikes (this even if they nerf threat, remember that in TBC it was 120% when in melee).
    We are not talking theoretical, that's an actual log from from 2008 so I'm not sure what discussion there is to be had? Tank threat is usually not an issue with misdirection and salvation on the dps, melee can go up to 110% before pulling agro. It's interesting when I discuss TBC because I have memories that I speak about and people tell me I'm wrong, then I post what remnants of evidence I have left over from those days and people stop responding, at least you eventually came back to me.

Just know here you're looking at an actual WWS log from August 2008 here, and it was the 23rd highest public parse for that boss at that time with the top parses mostly being Rogues and Warriors (pretty sure the top parse was over 6k actually). That doesn't mean threat is never an issue, it will different from boss to boss, and luck can be a factor.

And check out this old legend (as I posted already), anyone who did hyjal knows how it is done but yeah this guy finishes on 6k dps after peaking over 9k.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-03-23 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Hunter, Warlock, Arcane mage (if supported), then Ret (if supported), fury if neither above.
    Ret above fury?
    What?

5+ Year Old Account
    There's gonna be a ton of Locks and Hunters when tbc classic drops. Considering they are top DPS in TBC. There are also probably gonna be a ton of pallies and Shaman running around since they are no longer faction specific. It will be interesting to see if things stay the same with Locks and Hunters on top or if things may change.