Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evermynd View Post
    Fury warrior is a top 3 dps. People are sleeping on how powerful it is right now. It's even a number 1 cleave dps in all of tbc. When people start competing for clear times on entire raids warriors are gonna be sought after for their superior trash clearing ability mixed with their competitive single target dps.

also in terms of threat, bear tanks are the new fury prot. Bears don't have the same issues that warriors do. The top end meta is looking to be double bear tank atm.
    I feel like the AOE stuff is definitely under-appreciated, although Warlocks being called top DPS makes sense as they can do everything very well. But many classes like Ret do almost zero aoe damage, which means they aren't going to be very useful on Kara trash for the "gogogo" runs.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

sadly i cant remember shit, cuz when 3.0 dropped my t6/a3 retribution paladin became god for a few days, then nerfed to a "very good" level
    it was the most memorable part of TBC for me

i raided as Ret from Kara to Black Temple and wasn't feeling bad about my performance, it wasn't as pathetic as in Vanilla (i was off-healing to feel myself useful)

p.s. oh wait, i member fire mages doing very good during in t4 and t5
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Me
    2. My Grandma
    3. You

Just pick the class you like best.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

I'll give you the top 4 from memory

Fury Warrior, Rogue, Warlock, Ele Shaman.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    For PVE, hunter, lock, mage.
    For PVP, hunter, lock, mage/rogue.

As a Hunter, I used to absolutely crush everything except an SL/SL lock.
    As a lock, I used to absolutely wreck everything except BM hunters with godmode up.
    In both cases above, it was usually a long, drawn out battle where both end up dying; the lock due to ST damage finally getting through and the hunter because the dots.

If you want to have good DPS in PVE and PVP, hunter/lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    For PVE, hunter, lock, mage.
    For PVP, hunter, lock, mage/rogue.

As a Hunter, I used to absolutely crush everything except an SL/SL lock.
    As a lock, I used to absolutely wreck everything except BM hunters with godmode up.
    In both cases above, it was usually a long, drawn out battle where both end up dying; the lock due to ST damage finally getting through and the hunter because the dots.

If you want to have good DPS in PVE and PVP, hunter/lock.
    You must have played against some really bad rogues if this is true lol. Hunters are good, don’t get me wrong, but if you are just ‘crushing’ rogues as a Hunter they are super bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    hunter is not the way 1 button spam as you think of it today. yes, he put steady shot and kill command in a macro he spammed all the time. but also hunter in these days had to do more with managing pet. do some kiting (hunter is master of kiting in TBC). was it easy ? ofc, its hunter. was it standing around pressing 1 key ? no.
    As a hunter main from classic to cata, this is 100% not true.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    As a hunter main from classic to cata, this is 100% not true.
    Yeah I’m really confused about what he was trying to talk about here. Pvp? Leveling? I have no idea lol. There was no kiting involved for Hunter outside of maybe some really niche fights/strats. Like the strat for void reaver maybe where you literally just had one Hunter at range running in circles while everyone else is in melee?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Yeah I’m really confused about what he was trying to talk about here. Pvp? Leveling? I have no idea lol. There was no kiting involved for Hunter outside of maybe some really niche fights/strats. Like the strat for void reaver maybe where you literally just had one Hunter at range running in circles while everyone else is in melee?
    Yea. I don't think he comprehends what the 1-button Hunter actually was, using the Steady Shot cast sequence string macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    If the macro was broken in wrath it will be broken in TBC Classic since it uses the modern macro system.
    If the macro stopped functioning due to class changes on the other hand there's a chance that it could work.
    I think it's wise to be pessimistic.
    Steady Shot no longer paused or canceled autoshot in WotLK, so the entire reason for the macro was gone. Steady Shot casttime was also nerfed from 1,5 to 2sec baseline very early in WotLK, which killed off BM right there, never to be seen again in PvE until MoP.

On topic: Hunter and Lock are the two top Dps specs by a mile for all of TBC. Rogues and Fury Warrs become good in BT/SWP, but they will still never catch a good Hunter or Lock with equal gear (Hunters shit on Rogues on Brutallus regardless of the Rogue having Glaives or not).

Mage does respectable damage aswell, but they are always in the shadow of Hunters/Locks.

Everything else does less dmg by design, while bringing more buffs/debuffs.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2021-04-06 at 02:55 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Ok I like ret paladin and feral druids the best. Will I be destroying hunters and warlocks in dps?
    The thing about feral is you're probably going to be expected to offtank certain fights, as that's a big deal that ferals can both tank and DPS in one spec. No other tank spec can do that. It also means in heroics you're probably going to tank too. Ret works really well with a shaman dropping windfury totem and perhaps will be a decent DPS spec if seal-twisting is actually a thing on live. Neither will have an abundance of raid spots, but as with any dps spec, if you find a good group to run with it won't matter what spec you are.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    You must have played against some really bad rogues if this is true lol. Hunters are good, don’t get me wrong, but if you are just ‘crushing’ rogues as a Hunter they are super bad.
    Proper use of flare, baiting, and the travel time of serpent sting would make a lot of rogues rage.
    Don't get me wrong, I died too, but when you have BW up, you become a demigod.
    Good rogues just leave the hunter alone or wait until he's fighting someone else.
    Bad ones like to run and get caught

Proper use of flare, baiting, and the travel time of serpent sting would make a lot of rogues rage.
    Don't get me wrong, I died too, but when you have BW up, you become a demigod.
    Good rogues just leave the hunter alone or wait until he's fighting someone else.
    Bad ones like to run and get caught
    Yeah if you’re BM any good rogue will just cloak and vanish once you pop BW and wait it out lol. But I have also played a lot of rogues that just think all they have to do is run at you and they win lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Steady Shot no longer paused or canceled autoshot in WotLK, so the entire reason for the macro was gone. Steady Shot casttime was also nerfed from 1,5 to 2sec baseline very early in WotLK, which killed off BM right there, never to be seen again in PvE until MoP.
    This has nothing to do with the reason BM didn't see play in WotLK(spoiler alert: it was the most OP spec in the game during Naxx until it was nerfed).

It never saw play(after Naxx) because pets do not scale well(no ArP scaling, and they need expertise to not get dodged) and BM lacked an actual damage ability(one similar to MM's Chimera Shot or SV's Explosive Shot).

Steady shot being changed from 1.5 to 2.0 literally did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    problem is that TBCC will start with 2.4.3. At this point pretty much any beneficial melee mechanic got nerfed. Stuff like making extra hit procs white damage instead of yellow, windfury totem nerf, dst nerf etc.
    Even after 2.2 (roughly when I started raiding after hittin 70) with the haste nerf + uptime nerf it's the 3rd best trinket in the game (including Sunwell/MGT drops), arguably 2nd if you're a Human with Glaives. There were also benefitial changes such as for example while Fury lost Death Wish to Arms, it gained Weapon Mastery, Whirlwind now hitting with the offhand (offsetting that damage loss) and with the addition of Sweeping Strikes turned Fury into a literal cleaving god. Then in 2.4 they fixed the bug where the WW offhand hits wouldn't proc flurry/rampage and fixed a bug with flurry not refreshing at 1 stack, a further small buff.

And about Sword spec procs in Arms. It was initially changed to give yellow attacks instead of white while fixing a bug causing swing resets mid swing.

Sword Specialization: This ability now grants extra yellow attacks instead of extra white attacks. It also grants rage based on the speed of your weapon. This change will make Sword Specialization no longer reset the weapon swing timer when it triggers off special attacks, and results in a net increase in damage dealt.
    And then immediately reverted but with the fix to kept in (so a net gain for Arms, irrelevant for Fury anyway). And this is still early on, patch 2.1 era.

Sword Specialization: The change to Sword Specialization making its extra attacks appear in yellow has been reverted. Extra attacks will appear in white and act like any auto-attack. They will no longer reset the swing time of your weapon. Rage awarded will be calculated by damage dealt as with any normal auto-attack.
    Though they did nerf sword spec from proccing from itself in 2.2 it's kinda irrelevant in PVE since Arms wasn't as popular as Fury for raiding until 2.4 and it was really just fixing freak proc RNG situations that had more relevance in PVP. Anyway, point I'm making is that there weren't huge sweeping nerfs that crippled Warriors in TBC, the most relevant one was the haste nerf and that came pretty early on, the DST nerf still left it extremely good and I never had the thing anyway and was super competitive back then.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-04-06 at 07:11 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if you’re BM any good rogue will just cloak and vanish once you pop BW and wait it out lol. But I have also played a lot of rogues that just think all they have to do is run at you and they win lol.
    Yep.
    If the hunter gets lucky tho, the rogue cloaks and vanishes, but either a well placed flare or if the rogue is close enough, track hidden can briefly show them.
    I remember mashing the piss out of serpent sting in those cases and travel time on it, if they were visible for even a small window, would get them and tick.
    I played rogue as well and that shit irritated the hell out of me.
    Stupid travel projectiles.

Yep.
    If the hunter gets lucky tho, the rogue cloaks and vanishes, but either a well placed flare or if the rogue is close enough, track hidden can briefly show them.
    I remember mashing the piss out of serpent sting in those cases and travel time on it, if they were visible for even a small window, would get them and tick.
    I played rogue as well and that shit irritated the hell out of me.
    Stupid travel projectiles.
    I know you said you play BM but in case you ever do go deep into pvp and go marks/surv, just a little tip I wouldn’t use serpent sting unless you are 100% sure you have the rogue killed. Only because this ruins your scatter shot completely. I can’t remember the name of the sting but the attack damage reduction one is the go to most of the time for 1v1 scenarios against rogue.

Obviously if you’re bm I don’t even think you get scatter? I’m not sure, so you don’t really need to worry about that.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I know you said you play BM but in case you ever do go deep into pvp and go marks/surv, just a little tip I wouldn’t use serpent sting unless you are 100% sure you have the rogue killed. Only because this ruins your scatter shot completely. I can’t remember the name of the sting but the attack damage reduction one is the go to most of the time for 1v1 scenarios against rogue.

Obviously if you’re bm I don’t even think you get scatter? I’m not sure, so you don’t really need to worry about that.
    Ya if you go Beast Within you didn't get scatter, at least as best I can remember.
    A surv build was also pretty fun, but having the godmode button in large scale PVP (like AV) was just too much fun.
    The attack sting was for once you got the rogue out (works on warriors too) so you can wing clip them, then proceed to do the 8-10 yard kite dance , using traps as needed.

Break it into sections
    Early Tier Warlocks, Hunters, Mages
    Mages start of decent but they have terrible scaling so turn into a bring 1 of them for Int buff.
    End Tier Warlocks, Rogues(Glaives), Hunters, Warriors(Armor Pen)

If you are looking for good classes from beginning to end, Warlock and Hunter, they start strong, scale well and are good from day 1 to WotLK. Warlocks bring tonnes of utility(Soulstone, curses, high damage, high survivability). Hunters are in the same boat, high damage, high mobility, CC, MD, raid buffs, mana batteries. I know back in BC the warlock group(3 locks, Spriest, ele sham) that had other heroes rotated through it, was called the doin work group cause we carried the damage.

Tier 4
    S tier: Hunter
    A tier: Mage, Warlock, Enh shaman
    A- tier: S-priest, Ele Shaman

Tier 5
    S tier: Arcane Mage, Hunter
    A+ tier Warlock
    A tier: Fire Mage
    Tier 5 is generally bad for melee or Enh Shaman would be A tier and hybrids starts to fall behind in terms of pure dps. Rogues and Warriors starts to scale up but its a little early and bad for melee in t5.

T6
    S- tier: Warlock
    A tier: Arcane and Fire Mage
    A- tier: Rogue, Warrior

Sunwell
    A+ tier: Warlocks, Rogue, Warrior
    A- tier: Arcane/Fire Mage, Enh Shaman
    At the end of the game Hunter is on another level pure DPS wise on ST, Glaive Rogues are 2nd and Destro Lock together with Glaive Warriors on 3rd/4th.
    Mages and Enh Shaman come in behind there. A Fire mage in the same group as a Destro Lock getting the same buffs/bloodlusts are closer than many people seem to think.