Kotaku - doing the most

Hogwarts Legacy is a game coming from WB based on the harry potter universe and Kotaku and its ilk are trying their hardest to ensure it will be a failure just because they are social justice woke warriors and the game Lead Designer Used To Run Anti-Social Justice YouTube Channel.

Is this what mainstream videogame publications amount to? Wokeness points?

Kotaku has nothing to do with a game being a failure or not(if that was the case Gone Home would be a 50 million seller and Cyberpunk wouldn't of sold 1 copy), and they are free to publish w/e they want to. This offending you is your problem and not theirs, you don't have to read it last I checked.

I mean, I seriously doubt any game is going to fail because Kotaku doesn’t like someone working on its development.

I also don’t see the issue in pointing out to potential buyers where their money is going and who it’s potentially supporting. That’s kind of what journalism is supposed to do. This all just seems like a you issue.
    Last edited by Smash Adams; 2021-02-22 at 02:12 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kotaku has always been full of dipshits. As is Polygon and lately RPS. Just do what most sane People do now. Avoid any and all game Journos that work for a Company. I mostly stick to reviews from smaller channels on Youtube that are Run by 1-2 People at most. Like most Media the "corporate" game Journos are usually hacks that just follow social trends and know jack shit about games anyway.

If being "woke" is not supporting games that funds a bunch of transphobic pieces of shit, Then I'm happy to be woke.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Im surprised natzis like you still use the sjw dogwhistle,i mean...you do realise its a telltale sign that you are a natzi right? well...i guess i shouldnt complain,its better you make yourself obvious so people can easily identify you

10+ Year Old Account
    You come out against them faster then anyone sensible might be like "This wokeness is stupid."

Antis are just as bad as these SJW types
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    Hogwarts Legacy is a game coming from WB based on the harry potter universe and Kotaku and its ilk are trying their hardest to ensure it will be a failure just because they are social justice woke warriors and the game Lead Designer Used To Run Anti-Social Justice YouTube Channel.

Is this what mainstream videogame publications amount to? Wokeness points?
    Kotaku is absolute trash games "journalism".

10+ Year Old Account
    You lost me at "Kotaku"
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I didn't think anyone actually read Kotaku anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still read kotaku?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If being "woke" is not supporting games that funds a bunch of transphobic pieces of shit, Then I'm happy to be woke.
    ^ So much this.
    Here is something to believe in!

I feel that anyone that reads shit from Kotaku/Polygon should probably be sent to a gulag

Closing this. Threads about SJWs/anti-SJW's etc. never go anywhere productive and things aren't off to a great start.