10+ Year Old Account

Wink Tied to a class I don't care for anymore because of old "stuff"

Being the weirdo I am I always feel obligated to play/main my Rogue. I haven't enjoyed Rogue in quite awhile but always feel I have to because of all the "stuff" it has. I know none of the stuff really matters to anyone else but me but I feel like its a waste. CM gear/Legos/old items ect.. I just feel its a waste to not play EVEN though I don't touch any of the stuff anymore.

I'll play an alt and think about just focusing on it but immediately feel a sense of dread knowing I don't have all this or that. Or I should do it on my Rogue since it has all of this or that so far. I wish Blizz would offer a service to swap a class.. all items..all everything. I'm sure it would be a nightmare on their part but I can't be the only one who would pay for it sadly.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

Quote Originally Posted by MjH View Post
    Being the weirdo I am I always feel obligated to play/main my Rogue. I haven't enjoyed Rogue in quite awhile but always feel I have to because of all the "stuff" it has. I know none of the stuff really matters to anyone else but me but I feel like its a waste. CM gear/Legos/old items ect.. I just feel its a waste to not play EVEN though I don't touch any of the stuff anymore.

I'll play an alt and think about just focusing on it but immediately feel a sense of dread knowing I don't have all this or that. Or I should do it on my Rogue since it has all of this or that so far. I wish Blizz would offer a service to swap a class.. all items..all everything. I'm sure it would be a nightmare on their part but I can't be the only one who would pay for it sadly.
    I disagree with class swapping or w/e, but i should point out a few reasons why. Since the end of TBC, I have had one of every class at max level before the end of each expansion, so because of that early commitment, I never have to "start again" and most of my characters have a similar although not identical level of unique "stuff". My warrior is the exception - he was my vanilla first toon, and I almost always level him first each expansion, even if the class doesnt interest me.

There can be very strong nostalgia with certain toons, and I think thats fine - I think thats a good thing. I dont want to be rude, and im genuinely not trying to be, but this very much seems like a solution in search of a problem, or at very least, its a "you" problem.

Think of it this way, OP: At some point, WoW isn't going to exist anymore and all of those things keeping you attached to your rogue will be gone. Or perhaps, before that happens, you will quit WoW and none of that stuff will matter. So... why should they matter now?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Think of it this way, OP: At some point, WoW isn't going to exist anymore and all of those things keeping you attached to your rogue will be gone. Or perhaps, before that happens, you will quit WoW and none of that stuff will matter. So... why should they matter now?
    Why care about anything then.

I only ever played a rogue to pick locks. My mechagnome Mage now does that, so my rogue is in the deleted bin. Sorry your class is no longer fun for you.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I disagree with class swapping or w/e, but i should point out a few reasons why. Since the end of TBC, I have had one of every class at max level before the end of each expansion, so because of that early commitment, I never have to "start again" and most of my characters have a similar although not identical level of unique "stuff". My warrior is the exception - he was my vanilla first toon, and I almost always level him first each expansion, even if the class doesnt interest me.

There can be very strong nostalgia with certain toons, and I think thats fine - I think thats a good thing. I dont want to be rude, and im genuinely not trying to be, but this very much seems like a solution in search of a problem, or at very least, its a "you" problem.
    Oh its def a "me" problem my brain just functions weird with stuff like that haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I guess its the whole time sunk into something but true ultimately doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Also good point ha
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

Why indeed. Quite the rabbit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by MjH View Post
    Oh its def a "me" problem my brain just functions weird with stuff like that haha
    NONONO, to be clear, this is not "weird" or unusual - its normal - completely normal. Its just how you address those thoughts and emotions. My warrior is pure nostalgia and my "collector".

Try to think of your characters a little differently. The way i view it is this:

- I have my nostalgia, mr original, mr 'i have everything from vanilla' guy
    - I have my "only really fun in raids" guy - in BfA this was mostly my assassination rogue.
    - I have my bursty, aoe brute who is great fun in M+ or on trash heavy encounters, and out in the world. This is often my Frost DK.

That helped me a lot, so when I was playing my rogue, i didnt feel like i was "missing out" on anything, because i was mostly just using him for his intended purpose - raiding. And im not saying these are the "best" at the role i use them for - UH dk have amazing aoe, and other classes are ahead of my classes for what i use them for - but its just how I think of them.

I also have my druid as my "jack of all trades, master of none" guy - melee, range, heals, tank - hes my go-to late in an expansion when gearing is easy, so i can gear him up super fast and be an acceptable fill in for alt runs and casual content, no matter what we need.

7+ Year Old Account
    @MjH: I feel the same way about my Mass Effect, Skyrim, and Fall Out characters.

Off topic:
    Ah, brings up fond memories of my high school philosophy class.