WoW and other MMO

Hello ,

I played every expansion since BC, big fan of lore ( read every warcraft book) yet latests expansions, i always played max 2 months and canceled subscription. When friends told me there are other mmos, i was like nah its not WoW. Suddenly i realized after a while whats the wow psychologi its about and why i dont enjoy it anymore.

New expansion - hype - 8 dungeons - new stuff - raid etc... i eat the content learn new story and whars next? Weekly lock on 3 specific content arena, mythic, raid. And this same thing is going around each season and once you get bag of full epics, which isnt hard. You will just lvl another char. Until you get frustrated about killing each boss for 100 time or jumb to arena where it takes 2 patches until its balanced.

Then they announce new patch, new raid, new conduits , new torghast floor, new season, again the same weekly limited experience and i found out this is what make me bored of game.

So i said to myself last time, each time i said to myself next expansion will be differenemt. No it wont, the wow core mindset is set which i dont like anymore.

So i tried different MMO, i started playing Elder scrolls online, playing already 3 months, never had better experience. I found out the mmo i want to play, is to explore the world and be rewarder for it. No weekly lockouts and time gating. I just cheching and explorong every zone, every aspect pve, pvp, world pvp and have the feeling after long tlme that i dont neeed anything to do in order not to get behind. Like ou shit do i have cap for arenas? Do i have weekly mythic? They are consistently releasing new contents and keeping all content relevant and fresh. No matter what dungeon you are going to pick, its relevant to yout lvl, suddenly you can pick from 50 dungeons and not 8. They dont invent each expansion new mechanics, which then take 2 patches to fix.

If there are people like me, just dont be afraid to stop playing wow, there are much richer MMO out there and if you love story of wow like i do, you can still check whats going on via youtube.
    Not saying you should play ESO, just wanted to share, that WoW its very famous, but the quality and what game can offer for subscription today, its nothing compared to past. Each new modern mmo can outperform WoW in content easily, but you know how it is, its bliizard, your favorite and you still keeping hope.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I play WoW super casually, maybe 30 min a day to keep up with the daily/weekly stuff I want done.
    Got better games to put my time in to.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Fidisko View Post
    Not saying you should play ESO, just wanted to share, that WoW its very famous, but the quality and what game can offer for subscription today, its nothing compared to past. Each new modern mmo can outperform WoW in content easily, but you know how it is, its bliizard, your favorite and you still keeping hope.

Thanks
    Believe me, I'm more than open to finding a new hotkey MMO, but out of all I've tried (& I have tried a lot), none of them do challenging PvE group content like WoW does. Well, Wildstar was pretty fun on launch, but we know how that ended up

I'm glad you found something that works for you, though!

Yea, i play WoW, and have played it for the past couple of decades, but i don't exclusively play WoW.

So many good titles out there that will provide with quality gaming, that i'd consider myself dumb not to play them.

I wish those people that exclusively play WoW would try out other games from time to time as most of them deserve a lot more love than WoW does. It doesn’t have to be another MMORPG, it could be shorter games that provide an amazing experience. Getting back to WoW will feel different, either you missed it a lot and get to re-experience it or you realize that the game has been lagging behind quality wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidisko View Post
    Each new modern mmo can outperform WoW in content easily
    100% rubbish. Glad you figured out something you like better, but you don't need to make a post about it, even if you stick to valid points.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve played Wildstar, The Old Republic, ESO, Black Desert, FFXIV, and yet, I can’t stop playing WoW. 11 years and I still play it, and I’ve never found anything that compares to the friendships I’ve made here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Game vs. Game" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead