Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    There was a comic that showed anduin alive as the high king in the future
    https://i.gyazo.com/448c0df5f1e05396...b973968852.jpg

So his future was spoiled years ago m’dude
    It was deemed to be one of the possible storylines the lore could go in the future, but as for now this is non-canon (remember someone from blizz team saying that).

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I've already revealed the extent of my naivete by considering that Anduin could actually die. Are you willing to revive the Calia Fanfiction wager on this one?
    For the purposes of it how would we define a change? Since technically he changed by getting crushed by the divine bell, but all getting all his bones broken did for him was give him even more powers.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

His hair is white and his skin is purple in the future flashforward

He will be the new leader of the forsaken!!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    For the purposes of it how would we define a change? Since technically he changed by getting crushed by the divine bell, but all getting all his bones broken did for him was give him even more powers.
    Hrm - explicit negative consequences which are played as a fault that are in some fashion not entirely a consequence of him being a victim may be required. This implies negative character development rather than positive, so I suppose for them to fully make good on this negative residual consequences will be necessary.

To be fair, it would be lame if he wouldn't change.
    I'm suprised that he is only possessed and not dead-taken over.
    So far the jailer is a very softie of a baddie. He captured people, who got saved, we come and go in his realm, he took the key from the bastion chick which she survived. He caputred anduin, forshadowed something very bad, "your choice Sylvanas!" yadda yadda, turns out he is only possessed and got a cool sword. So anduin stabbed the bastion chick and she survived. Wow such emo moment.
    I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    He will be the new leader of the forsaken!!
    That's my take on it as well. In the article its mentioned that the resemblance to Arthas is not accidental, so who better to rule Lordaeron at Calias side than a pseudo Arthas that did not create the Forsaken but tried to reunite them with the families they lost?

interesting facts from other interviews

-Anduin's sword is called "Kingsmourne"
    -Sylvanas' actions influenced Anduin's future and Anduin's future actions affect Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    he took the key from the bastion chick which she survived.
    You could almost argue that the "eternal ones" that rule death cannot die?
    Agree with the rest though.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    And all this is to give a redemption story to a vile fiend who killed thousands and caused death of several hundred thousand in clear conscience. Bad writing after bad writing.... shit begets shit begets shit....
    What are you talking about? I hope you dont mean Arthas? He didn´t kill a single person. Stratholm was full of scourge, all he ever killed was scourge.
    Specially when you say to clear conscience.. that would prove that you have no idea about what you say. But I want to believe that you mean someone else than Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Hrm - explicit negative consequences which are played as a fault that are in some fashion not entirely a consequence of him being a victim may be required. This implies negative character development rather than positive, so I suppose for them to fully make good on this negative residual consequences will be necessary.
    The abiding problem of Anduin as a character is that absolutely no one who's not an evil strawman ever has any issue with and nothing he experiences ever shifts his perspective. A change then would involve firstly having one (1) positive character take issue with him and have that character be cast as the right or alternatively have him be the object of general mistrust. The second part would require him to change his views for once, be it making him less trusting, more withdrawn, more cowardly, etc. Both would be contingent on lasting more than a patch, so we avoid the Jaina situation where she has a cutscene worth where she wants to avenge her dad and drown the Horde only to revert to being uwu and friendly and loved by Kul Tiras at the end of the questing experience.

@Devilyaki

You joke, but while Anduin isn't Lordaeronian or even undead, by virtue of having his will taken from him by a runeblade and puppeted by dark powers, a hypothetical traumatized Anduin would be more thematically qualified to lead the Forsaken than Calia. Especially in the unlikely event the Blue Man sends him to kill some humans to really up the trauma. This says more about Calia than him though.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    That's my take on it as well. In the article its mentioned that the resemblance to Arthas is not accidental, so who better to rule Lordaeron at Calias side than a pseudo Arthas that did not create the Forsaken but tried to reunite them with the families they lost?
    "I will unite the Alliance and Horde in peace."

"That's nice."

"Through death."

"Not again."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

So at the end of the day nothing will happen.
    What effect can mind control give you? that is now made even worse by horde soldiers who are not mentally controlled? Be even more pacifist.

Well I was hoping that Anduin dies but it is clear that we are going to have a good time. For some time blizzard of all the Pj that developed decided to stay with the most boring.
    Note that the other options were Sylvanas, Trall and Varian.

Truthfully, this is likely a waste of a character, to try to recapture a story perfected in WC3.

he will become Sylv's husbando. Calling it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's good to know some elements of his change will be permanent - I don't think anyone can experience what Anduin will experience and emerge close to the same as they were. It's my hope that this change is reflected both visually and fundamentally in his character, as well; an indelible mark of his transformation even though he may be freed from the Jailer's control.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He will change forever....his hair will be slighty longer...but FOREVER!
    Lol, he was imprisoned for a long time in that tower. Sylvanas didn't love him so much as to give him a haircut.

7+ Year Old Account
    His Holy Bones will resonate with his Death Hair to create the ultimate immune system
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Anduin being mindcontrolled shouldn't have been revealed so early. They should have used this for a bit, maybe make him infiltrate Bastion, explore more of this "it's anduin but it's not really him" situation
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.