Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "How do we get people to like Anduin??"

"I know! lets just make him look even more like Arthas!"

So either Anduin becomes an evil dickbag or he breaks free of the mind control and becomes deeply conflicted about the evil things he did under the influence of mind control.

I know that Blizzard material has gone for around 30 years now and has been shared between many, many writers, but we've already seen these characters over and over, sometimes in the exact same character. It'd be nice to see something new.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Is it too much to ask that Anduin comes out of the Shadowlands, returns to Stormwind where he spends his days drinking and whoring because 'what's the point anymore'. Turalyon initially tries to help him find the light but gives up, deposes the King and reforms the Alliance in his own image.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    A new interview on the German website states: Google translator says that he

What Anduin will experience through his transformation into a servant of the jailer will change him forever. So far he has always been this youthful character who fought on the side of justice and righteousness. But after the events in Shadowlands there will be no going back to this Anduin.

It's no coincidence, of course, that Arthas and Anduin share visual similarities in the Patch 9.1 trailer.

https://www.vanion.eu/news/blizzconl...zikostas-23675

no more status quo
    I think we are reading to much into this.

I think the horror of it will force him te shed his goodie 2 shoe's behavior he has had towards the horde and enemy's.
    And he will become more like his father. A harder less bs taking person.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    There was a comic that showed anduin alive as the high king in the future
    https://i.gyazo.com/448c0df5f1e05396...b973968852.jpg

So his future was spoiled years ago m’dude

I wouldn't take that as 100% decided inevitable canon.

We're definitely beating the Void Lords before Anduin gets old unless they do a massive time jump that would kill off Jaina, Thrall, Baine and every Troll/Orc/Human/Tauren known character due to aging.

I am the only one who knows that this comic is not a good ending but a bad one.
    That is, we only have Anduin the super chosen one of the Light and Valen and dranei the most chosen of the Light. Peeling in the name of Light. Not from the Alliance, not from Azeroth.

But Elune and the trolls and the Orcs love shadows. Not to mention the void elves and the eternal night.

It sounds a lot to me that the players are going to be on the "shadow" side.

Oh no, his hair has turned white. The horror!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    "How do we get people to like Anduin??"

"I know! lets just make him look even more like Arthas!"

Well, it would be the same thing they did with Sylvanas.

"How do we get ppl to like tHe BaNShEe quEEn?"

"Y'know, Garrosh was a pretty good character, let's make Sylvanas a second, edgier Garrosh".

"You are promoted".

GG
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, it would be the same thing they did with Sylvanas.

"How do we get ppl to like tHe BaNShEe quEEn?"

"Y'know, Garrosh was a pretty good character, let's make Sylvanas a second, edgier Garrosh".

"You are promoted".

GG
    The problem is, Sylvanas had a huge fan base before going Garrosh 2.0.
    It is more you could say that it is rather
    "Garrosh's story didn't work out"
    "I know instead of using a pj that people dislike, use this one that people love."

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    The problem is, Sylvanas had a huge fan base before going Garrosh 2.0.
    It is more you could say that it is rather
    "Garrosh's story didn't work out"
    "I know instead of using a pj that people dislike, use this one that people love."
    Sylvanas was only ever loved by edgy metalhead simps oggling over virtual boobs. And still is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Is it too much to ask that Anduin comes out of the Shadowlands, returns to Stormwind where he spends his days drinking and whoring because 'what's the point anymore'. Turalyon initially tries to help him find the light but gives up, deposes the King and reforms the Alliance in his own image.
    Well, that's not Game of Thrones...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh SL it already obvious from here and the devs already showed their hand.

Anduin didn't kill the Archon just like how Arthas didn't let the Scourge wipe out Azeroth

Sylvanas will be forgiven which will be Grommash Hellscream level or beyond unbelievable

She was morally grey all this time though she wasn't, but we know the devs are already retconning Arthas to make her look better (even Arthas was more morally grey than she was)

A new interview on the German website states: Google translator says that he

What Anduin will experience through his transformation into a servant of the jailer will change him forever. So far he has always been this youthful character who fought on the side of justice and righteousness. But after the events in Shadowlands there will be no going back to this Anduin.

It's no coincidence, of course, that Arthas and Anduin share visual similarities in the Patch 9.1 trailer.

https://www.vanion.eu/news/blizzconl...zikostas-23675

no more status quo
    Here's hoping Anduin becomes a necromancer. That would help a lot in bringing in a necromancer class into the game.

But considering he wore plate before being captured, and even after his capture, I fear he'll just become the new Lich King.

Obviously, did ANYONE not notice the fact Anduin has white hair, now, and will likely get a bit grizzled later? He'll look very much closer to his future self from the comics. Velen's vision.

On the hair thing, jaina used to be golden blonde too. Untill theramore. But jokes aside anduin needed to be kicked in the hope, he was to mutch of a idealist

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Much more interesting: That google translation (checked it, it's genuine) is top notch and spot on, even catching two phrasings that are not 1:1 translatable. I'm actually impressed.
    Yeah, I've recognized that, too, some time ago. Google translate is really good. Most of the time its translations are reliable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    She was morally grey all this time though she wasn't, but we know the devs are already retconning Arthas to make her look better (even Arthas was more morally grey than she was)
    Idk, in an interview Danuser said that Arthas's actions were his own, that he was never mind controlled. Even though frostmourne and the helm of domination was brought in by the jailer, Arthas was still in control. That's hardly a redemption. The Jailer only gave him the tools to do whatever he wanted to do anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's hoping Tyrande is saved by Malfurion, their deep bond winning over the night warriors curse.
    Then she goes on and purifies the mournblade and Anduins armor with the power of Elune.
    After that, Anduin is forever indebted to the night elves and we get a new capital for the night elves

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Yeah, I've recognized that, too, some time ago. Google translate is really good. Most of the time its translations are reliable.
    Yo literalmente yo publico en el foro con esto. Doy fe que funciona. pero el problema son las "frases verbales."

-Sylvanas' actions influenced Anduin's future and Anduin's future actions affect Sylvanas.
    Laughing so hard at this. Like really? No way xD Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    There was a comic that showed anduin alive as the high king in the future
    https://i.gyazo.com/448c0df5f1e05396...b973968852.jpg

So his future was spoiled years ago m’dude
    There was also a comic that set up Med'an to be the Guardian of Tirisfal ready to face the Legion.

Well all i can think is that when anduin returns to azeroth turalyon will see the scar the darkness left inside him and since he is so edgy crusader of the light ! he will try to take the throne from anduin and Tyrande will assist Turalyon since she is also pissed at Anduin!