Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    The Warcraft 3 Alliance wasn't disbanded either. It just moved headquarters.
    Well if so. Although I don't think so.
    I do not see that the Belfos have forgiven the alliance.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    another alliance fanatic sputing their stuff. Keept it coming guys. I write all your crap down on a list of awful people in the alliance community.
    So saying the truth qualifies me as a fanatic? But sure keep writing it down, at least this way you will be writing facts for once.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Your faction is a bunch of spoiled children who always gets the favorite treatment from Blizzard. You answer just proved my point.
    Remind me, which faction just got away with the planned mass-murder of a civilian population without so much as a friggin slap on the wrist? Oh right, the Horde. And from your previous posts we know you probably enjoyed it immensely.

    So tell me, how does the "favourite treatment" keep including mass death on our side without ANY repercussions for the Horde? I would really like to know how that sounds logical in your head.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If you think the writers' summaries of THEIR OWN writing are out of touch, have you considered you might be wrong?
    Oh dear, you are saying the creators might know things better then Random Guy #13 on a forum?? Heresy!!! Damnation!

  3. #103
    I'm sure there'll be another: "Horde have leader. Leader now bad guy. Bad guy almost destroys world." storyline coming up soon. Oh, we're already there? Next expansion then, I mean.

  4. #104
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    16,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    The Warcraft 3 Alliance wasn't disbanded either. It just moved headquarters.
    Rather they disbanded or not doesn’t really matter every alliance member who took part in said action died leaving no link to the post WC3 alliance while the horde members are all still there -some sylvanas loyalist.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Rather they disbanded or not doesn’t really matter every alliance member who took part in said action died leaving no link to the post WC3 alliance while the horde members are all still there -some sylvanas loyalist.
    No way this is true, considering Dalaran is being rebuilt in WoW Vanilla.

  6. #106
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Paladins can't accept evil or serve evil leaders. All true Horde paladins should strive for a more humane and peaceful future for our faction, like I indeed do.
    Someone should have told Lady Liadrin that back in BFA. Listening to her during Warfront was something else. How can someone yell "DARKNESS CANNOT ABIDE WITHIN THE LIGHT" while serving under a genocidal warlord? I wonder if the dev who made her say that was aware of the hypocrisy or thought it was genuine?

  7. #107
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If you think the writers' summaries of THEIR OWN writing are out of touch, have you considered you might be wrong?
    where it was the moral compass of the horde when we were killing a bunch of innocents and children alike?

    and how it was possible that the recent team write something from Wc3? you can clearly see the biases and their own vision conflicted with the past lore

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Stonetalon was the exception, not the rule
    Stonetalon was not an exception was something that totally made sense with the character that was growing since TBC, especailly after thrall pulling his ear about honor and not involving inocents

    I'll see your Stonetalon and raise you the introduction to Twilight Highlands, where he nearly got the Horde's best soldiers slaughtered because he sent his air guard to do a run on the Alliance, which saw said air guard quickly wiped out, and did so on the Twilight's Hammer's front doorstep--only to apparently be surprised when the defenseless Horde airships were attacked by dragons loyal to Deathwing??
    ?
    i fail to see how that made any difference, the air guard would be wiped by dragons anyway, maybe was even better to scatter to they didn't end up destroyed.

    Besides, it was one of the funniest and cool quests from cata, that is exactly what is supposed to be the game, we facing total annihilation while killing each other, just like in ICC were both ships fight to reach the top first.

    Do you mean, Baine wouldn't have delivered Derek to Jaina in an attempt to bring her around to helping him do something about the war before it hit the point of no return? I disagree, because that's entirely in keeping with Baine's established character (and Baine is, for better or worse, one of the more consistent characters in the modern era of WoW writing).
    it is established in Baine's lore that he is a traitor for Jaina, so indeed make sense to only speak up against sylvanas when she come up

  8. #108
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    16,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    No way this is true, considering Dalaran is being rebuilt in WoW Vanilla.
    And is there any indication that the people rebuilding it serviced under Garithos?

    Also dal went neutral until mop so even then that wouldn’t really matter.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Tbh, don't forget that Garrosh got possessed by Sha of Pride, which eventually led to his corruption. In the start of Cata he wasn't like this at all. Do you remember "to be Horde" - Stonetalon questline ending? He punished genocidal warlord Krom'gar for committing atrocities in the area and spoke of morality and honor.

    Again, writers did a poor job with him in MoP. They turned him to the darkside, though originally he wasn't there. Unless corrupted, he could remain a strong leader of the Horde. Only the future need to unite the factions could possibly explain why he was dealt with in such manner.

    On the other hand, Sylvanas was always evil. Remember what she did to Kol'tira in Andorhal?
    Stonetalon means nothing. it was considered an error and that garrosh was always suppose to become total evil.
    Garrosh was never possessed by the Sha. he was in full control

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Paladins can't accept evil or serve evil leaders. All true Horde paladins should strive for a more humane and peaceful future for our faction, like I indeed do.
    IC I've never trusted Sylvanas and so joined the opposition as soon as such option was available, and in the past I heartily supported anti-Garrosh uprising when he lost his mind.
    scarlet crusade would like to have a word with you.
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    And that was the Sylvanas Horde.
    Garithos commanded a small force of survivors from Lordaeron + some strabded dwarves who had no way of returning to Ironforge.

    Sylvanas pretty much ruled entire horde. Difference is in that fact.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Just because you created something doesn't make you the best person to write that thing.

    It's like with parenting. Making a baby doesn't make you a good parent.
    I'll stick to a not-so-personal example: The Sopranos.

    David Chase did an amazing job creating characters and placing them in a complex, fun world for the viewer to explore...and then he absolutely ruined his own creation with poor storytelling and by forcing his characters to do things they wouldn't do to advance a pre-determined plot point. (sound familiar?)

  12. #112
    Yeah, Thrall is a terrible character.

    He has had atleast 7 full story arc CONCLUSIONS. He is a DONE character, but each expansion they dig him up yet again and throw him another arc with an ending. He's like a novel that was supposed to be a trilogy, but then the author had to made another book. and another, and another. And end everyone as if there wasn't another book being written.

    Just let him be? He doesn't even have a character anymore, after the 8 story arcs and numerous writers who bukkake'd their own idea of Thrall, he ended up as a bland chameleon who can do anything and does anything.
    I have no idea why people feel any attachment to this hollow character at all at this point in the story.

  13. #113
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    And is there any indication that the people rebuilding it serviced under Garithos?

    Also dal went neutral until mop so even then that wouldn’t really matter.
    dalaran was not "neutral until mop", they were in conflict and cease fire since vanila, in cata they actively help the alliance invasion trough nothwatch hold

  14. #114
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Well if so. Although I don't think so.
    I do not see that the Belfos have forgiven the alliance.
    I'd say the reason is not Garithos but because the Grand Alliance ignored their pleas for help for 6 years
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    (Alteraci Human thread in construction)

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I'd say the reason is not Garithos but because the Grand Alliance ignored their pleas for help for 6 years
    What pleas? You mean, when they left the Alliance after Second War and didnt sent any real force (few token mages aside) to help them stop the Scourge since they were too arrogant to help “mere humans”?

  16. #116
    Sadly, kinda expected it, this is what happens when you dont have Metzen, apart of a Panel regarding thrall, considering thrall pretty much is his baby we need some better writers on the team not the kind who favor one faction over the other

  17. #117
    Legendary! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    6,297
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    Blood Elves - see above. The Blood Elves were once part of the Alliance and would have happily rejoined if not for Jaina's bullcrap. There was some tenseness between the Alliance and the Blood Elves, so they were SOL there. They were with the Horde because Sylvanas showed them kindness and offered them help. But not necessarily because they truly want to be there.
    I thought Othmar Garithos was the person responsible for the Blood Elves?

  18. #118
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    16,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    dalaran was not "neutral until mop", they were in conflict and cease fire since vanila, in cata they actively help the alliance invasion trough nothwatch hold
    Dal being Neutral is a key plot point of both tides of war and mop rather there were mages helping the alliance or not the faction was neutral.

    as for Vanilla I honestly cant remember them doing any thing then then be in a bubble and defend said bubble by them selfs.

  19. #119
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Dal being Neutral is a key plot point of both tides of war and mop rather there were mages helping the alliance or not the faction was neutral.

    as for Vanilla I honestly cant remember them doing any thing then then be in a bubble and defend said bubble by them selfs.
    i totally confused dalaran with theramore, my dyslexia mistake sorry.

  20. #120
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I thought Othmar Garithos was the person responsible for the Blood Elves?
    the only ones who were actually affected by him directly were Kael and those who were with him. The only ones we have now is the PC Demon Hunter, Rommath, and the San'layn.

    the real reason is that the Alliance didn't bother to help Quel'thalas from the Scourge while they were traveling far and wide to Silihtus, Molten Core, Eastweald, and whatnot. The ones who helped them recover were the Forsaken and the Horde; obviously, you'll go along with those who helped you.
    @VladlTutushkin ^

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i totally confused dalaran with theramore, my dyslexia mistake sorry.
    you also fight the Kirin Tor as Horde in Vanilla iirc
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    (Alteraci Human thread in construction)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •