Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Any good leader on whatever side of the faction war, fights for peace.
    Be it peace through victory (kill everyone), peace through peace (just stop fighting and make friends) or peace by assimilation (merging and/or alliances), depends on who is calling the shots and we can see the progress made in each major conflict when different people are in charge of each army.

    Whole post had good points, but wanted to say This is such a good quote I almost put it as my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    the real reason is that the Alliance didn't bother to help Quel'thalas from the Scourge while they were traveling far and wide to Silihtus, Molten Core, Eastweald, and whatnot.
    Whoa now, the Alliance did send people to Quel'thalas, they just happened to be there to spy and sabotage the Blood Elves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i totally confused dalaran with theramore, my dyslexia mistake sorry.
    That's not how sexdaily works... i mean dyslexia.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    the only ones who were actually affected by him directly were Kael and those who were with him. The only ones we have now is the PC Demon Hunter, Rommath, and the San'layn.

    the real reason is that the Alliance didn't bother to help Quel'thalas from the Scourge while they were traveling far and wide to Silihtus, Molten Core, Eastweald, and whatnot. The ones who helped them recover were the Forsaken and the Horde; obviously, you'll go along with those who helped you.
    @VladlTutushkin ^

    - - - Updated - - -



    you also fight the Kirin Tor as Horde in Vanilla iirc
    Same way Quel’Thalas didnt bothered to help Alliance with the Scourge.

  4. #124
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Define "always".
    They were not before Sargeras used them.
    Neither are they now.

    Only a group became evil, and they are mostly dealt with.
    Since Warcraft 1 has orcs been the bad guys.

  5. #125
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    Since Warcraft 1 has orcs been the bad guys.
    but the entire point of Warcraft 3 is to make the orcs no longer be the bad guys; the Alliance were even the antagonists in Frozen Throne

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Same way Quel’Thalas didnt bothered to help Alliance with the Scourge.
    that's not a very good excuse; a good faction should still help regardless, with altruism. That's why the Horde dislikes the Alliance because they see them as elitists who help only those who would be of benefit to them
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    (Alteraci Human thread in construction)

  6. #126
    I dunno, their takes seem decent. I don't see why you'd conclude that orcs are fundamentally evil.

    RE Tauren being the moral compass of the horde; it makes sense, they're basically the only Horde race (other than Vulpera) who haven't done some really messed up stuff.

    This all seems like an anti-SJW 'toxic masculinity' rant to me
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  7. #127
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    16,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    that's not a very good excuse; a good faction should still help regardless, with altruism. That's why the Horde dislikes the Alliance because they see them as elitists who help only those who would be of benefit to them
    Is this something you just made up because the night elfs help people/creatures all over the world expecting nothing in return and the goats tend to do the same thing with the blood elfs as a glaring example.

  8. #128
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Is this something you just made up because the night elfs help people/creatures all over the world expecting nothing in return and the goats tend to do the same thing with the blood elfs as a glaring example.
    Liadrin said it herself, the Night Elves didn't do anything unless it directly affects them
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    (Alteraci Human thread in construction)

  9. #129
    It doesn't take much to see how writers are out of touch with ALL the game...

    But... I don't think the panel showed that... I might be wrong...

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    but the entire point of Warcraft 3 is to make the orcs no longer be the bad guys; the Alliance were even the antagonists in Frozen Throne

    - - - Updated - - -



    that's not a very good excuse; a good faction should still help regardless, with altruism. That's why the Horde dislikes the Alliance because they see them as elitists who help only those who would be of benefit to them
    As other guy said - you just made it up. Horde also helped them only in order to get a stronger foothold in Eastern Kingdoms. And point me out one time when horde helped someone WITHOUT ulterior motive of gaining more allies/troops, territory or somehow one-upping Alliance.

    However Alliance also rarely pursues goals like "Smashing all that is not Horde and taking over resources" or "Dragging people into wars of extermination" or basically anything Garrosh'like.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Liadrin said it herself, the Night Elves didn't do anything unless it directly affects them
    Liadrin said that darkness cannot abide within the Light while serving a genocidal banshee who served arguably darkest force in the Universe. Her words are as empty as slag.

  11. #131
    Pit Lord Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Is this something you just made up because the night elfs help people/creatures all over the world expecting nothing in return and the goats tend to do the same thing with the blood elfs as a glaring example.
    eh, the Orcs did Warlock stuff in the Second War, no; Gul'dan did the Sunken Ruins, no; the Orcs made Alexstrasza a sex slave, no; Archimonde steps in Dalaran, no; Mannoroth literally rains down infernals in Durotar which is just below Ashenvale, no

    the Shattered Sun should have been kicked out of Silvermoon/Sunwell after they betrayed their neutrality pact by sending in Tiras'alan and the Aldors to help defend Theramore
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    (Alteraci Human thread in construction)

  12. #132
    Old God Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    10,785
    People tend to forget that Christie Golden wrote Thralls origin all the way back in 2001 (Lord of the Clans) and people act like she has just started writing for Blizzard. She has been writing for Blizzard for 20 years (albeit now in a more forefront capacity). I think she knows more about the lore (especially with Thrall and orcs in general) than most people on this forum with their wiki's opened up. I honest think aside from Metzen himself Golden is the best runner up to write the lore. Even though she isn't even a head writer of the company (there are like 10 or so writers), but people always assume she is for some reason..
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-02-24 at 10:59 AM.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Horde has gone to shit because of Garrosh and Sylvanas
    Garrosh was the best leader. He tried to make the Horde great again!

  14. #134
    The Lightbringer Dalheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Garrosh was the best leader. He tried to make the Horde great again!
    And he would've won the war if a bunch of traitors didnt cement themselves being traitors by working with the alliance.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalheim View Post
    And he would've won the war if a bunch of traitors didnt cement themselves being traitors by working with the alliance.
    You missed the part with "winning only because he juiced whole horde with Old God's fluid"? So... becoming Old God slaves, yeah. The exact thing his dad sacrificed his life to avoid. Well, demon slaves, but thats essentially the same.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    People tend to forget that Christie Golden wrote Thralls origin all the way back in 2001 (Lord of the Clans) and people act like she has just started writing for Blizzard. She has been writing for Blizzard for 20 years (albeit now in a more forefront capacity). I think she knows more about the lore (especially with Thrall and orcs in general) than most people on this forum with their wiki's opened up. I honest think aside from Metzen himself Golden is the best runner up to write the lore. Even though she isn't even a head writer of the company (there are like 10 or so writers), but people always assume she is for some reason..
    Because people rather shit on Golden who seemingly reacts to being called shit then on Danuser who just laughs and writes even worse shit... I suppose.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    As other guy said - you just made it up. Horde also helped them only in order to get a stronger foothold in Eastern Kingdoms. And point me out one time when horde helped someone WITHOUT ulterior motive of gaining more allies/troops, territory or somehow one-upping Alliance.

    However Alliance also rarely pursues goals like "Smashing all that is not Horde and taking over resources" or "Dragging people into wars of extermination" or basically anything Garrosh'like.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Liadrin said that darkness cannot abide within the Light while serving a genocidal banshee who served arguably darkest force in the Universe. Her words are as empty as slag.
    watching the entire kaldorei empire, the entire human conquest of eastern kingdom, half leveling quests where you genocide entire murloc tribes only because they eat fishes, an entire royal bloodline called trollbane and the draenei that hid for millennia the fact they were pursued by evil incarnate

    kek
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    watching the entire kaldorei empire, the entire human conquest of eastern kingdom, half leveling quests where you genocide entire murloc tribes only because they eat fishes, an entire royal bloodline called trollbane and the draenei that hid for millennia the fact they were pursued by evil incarnate

    kek
    Kaldorei empire now your "burden" since you took it all in with Nightborne. Yep, stealing legacy of a race comes with its downsides.

    Also main "human conquerors" were Lordaeronians and people from Arathi which are either gone or Forsaken now.

    And dont start with murlocks when the first thing horde did when came to Kalimdor was to side with one race over another in a racial war and essentially exterminate cenaturs all the way to Desolation. Not that it was a bad idea but thats roughly the same as bullying murlocks around.

    And main big one - none of what you mentioned happened in WoW. Even Draenei hiding the fact they were pursued happned UNTIL they came to Azeroth.

    In general, you are just bitter (still) over not being able to play a genocidal maniac and cant cope.

    Solution: cope harder.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Kaldorei empire now your "burden" since you took it all in with Nightborne. Yep, stealing legacy of a race comes with its downsides.

    Also main "human conquerors" were Lordaeronians and people from Arathi which are either gone or Forsaken now.

    And dont start with murlocks when the first thing horde did when came to Kalimdor was to side with one race over another in a racial war and essentially exterminate cenaturs all the way to Desolation. Not that it was a bad idea but thats roughly the same as bullying murlocks around.

    And main big one - none of what you mentioned happened in WoW. Even Draenei hiding the fact they were pursued happned UNTIL they came to Azeroth.

    In general, you are just bitter (still) over not being able to play a genocidal maniac and cant cope.

    Solution: cope harder.
    my burden? last time i checked the shen'dralar are still in the alliance, and anyway druidic night elves never behave much different from their previous iteration...
    stormwindians, gilneans and kulthirians originated from the arathians (or how you want call the originals human tribes) exactly like the lordaeronians, so what its exactly your point? that all come from bloodthirsty tribes? yes, sure, so?

    ok, so ally are as bad as horde, good....

    sure, thats my point, you dont need to conquest anything when you did it previously. its pretty clear boy...

    and the last point? a generic weak ad hominem? rotfl

    /pat
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    my burden? last time i checked the shen'dralar are still in the alliance, and anyway druidic night elves never behave much different from their previous iteration...
    stormwindians, gilneans and kulthirians originated from the arathians (or how you want call the originals human tribes) exactly like the lordaeronians, so what its exactly your point? that all come from bloodthirsty tribes? yes, sure, so?

    ok, so ally are as bad as horde, good....

    sure, thats my point, you dont need to conquest anything when you did it previously. its pretty clear boy...

    and the last point? a generic weak ad hominem? rotfl

    /pat
    "/pat"

    It wasnt me raging here about his forsaken not being able to RP as a mass murdering psycho. Pat yourself, maybe that will sooth your grief over losing the ability to be edgier then Shadow the Hedgeheg.

    Every time horde tries to morally compare to Alliance is like a child murderer on a chair shouting that his prosecutors are "just like him but wont admit it". Kinda strong, but empty.

  20. #140
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,858
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    You missed the part with "winning only because he juiced whole horde with Old God's fluid"? So... becoming Old God slaves, yeah. The exact thing his dad sacrificed his life to avoid. Well, demon slaves, but thats essentially the same.
    not rly, Horde was far up ahead even without old god magic, and even without total full support from the other leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    People tend to forget that Christie Golden wrote Thralls origin all the way back in 2001 (Lord of the Clans) and people act like she has just started writing for Blizzard. She has been writing for Blizzard for 20 years (albeit now in a more forefront capacity). I think she knows more about the lore (especially with Thrall and orcs in general) than most people on this forum with their wiki's opened up. I honest think aside from Metzen himself Golden is the best runner up to write the lore. Even though she isn't even a head writer of the company (there are like 10 or so writers), but people always assume she is for some reason..
    Golden didn't create or made that book up, they said to her what she was supposed to write, her job in the book and what was her own doing was the dialogues and to flesh out his emotions/personality.(and that seems like her job in blizzard, doing dialogues, not rly creating new lore)

    But this is even pointless since thrall from lord of the clans is a totally different character than he is now

    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Kaldorei empire now your "burden" since you took it all in with Nightborne. Yep, stealing legacy of a race comes with its downsides.
    the night elves also are the kaldorei empire
    Also main "human conquerors" were Lordaeronians and people from Arathi which are either gone or Forsaken now.
    stormwind passed years killing trolls and gnolls and taking their territory too.
    And dont start with murlocks when the first thing horde did when came to Kalimdor was to side with one race over another in a racial war and essentially exterminate cenaturs all the way to Desolation. Not that it was a bad idea but thats roughly the same as bullying murlocks around.
    Horde didn't hide or have shame about that, centaurs were the genocides, we just stop they being bloodthirsty. They and the quilboar, since they didn't want tob e in good terms
    And main big one - none of what you mentioned happened in WoW. Even Draenei hiding the fact they were pursued happned UNTIL they came to Azeroth.
    Thats the horde bias from blizzard, making the horde villains and whitewashing what the alliance does in wow

    In general, you are just bitter (still) over not being able to play a genocidal maniac and cant cope.

    Solution: cope harder.
    you would be surprised of how few people rly want that and wanted sylvanas as leader, most of the horde players still want and like the hrode from wc3 and vanilla-cata

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •