Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-...at-cpac-2021-2

Elected Republicans: It's too dangerous for us to go and vote this week/weekend, we need to vote by proxy due to the ongoing health crisis. Which we've decried as unconstitutional and complained about.

Also Elected Republicans: YO CPAC 2021 HOLLA AT YOU BOI, AND IF YOU HOLLA AT ME WITH A MASK I'M GONNA PUNCH IT OFF YORU FACE IN THE NAME OF FREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-...at-cpac-2021-2

Elected Republicans: It's too dangerous for us to go and vote this week/weekend, we need to vote by proxy due to the ongoing health crisis. Which we've decried as unconstitutional and complained about.

Also Elected Republicans: YO CPAC 2021 HOLLA AT YOU BOI, AND IF YOU HOLLA AT ME WITH A MASK I'M GONNA PUNCH IT OFF YORU FACE IN THE NAME OF FREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
    "Sorry boss, I can't come into work today. Religious holiday. The Feast of... Maximum Occupancy."

At least that's standard. It's been this way since before the Trump era, so I guess not too much changed. It just got a bit...a lot, nuttier.

Seriously, the pictures of the event make it look like the shitty conspiracy theory/mysticism/alien convention where it's just a bunch of crazies setting up their stalls to hawk their shitty arts and crafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At least that's standard. It's been this way since before the Trump era, so I guess not too much changed. It just got a bit...a lot, nuttier.

Seriously, the pictures of the event make it look like the shitty conspiracy theory/mysticism/alien convention where it's just a bunch of crazies setting up their stalls to hawk their shitty arts and crafts.
    I mean, is that really that far off on what the modern-day GOP and conservative movement has become under the Tea Party/Trumpism?

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if any of you lads have seen this, but CPAC has been... weird.

Quote Originally Posted by The Independent
    One of the stalls is dedicated to Japanese political scientist and "Samurai Futurologist" Gemki Fujii. CPAC tweeted: "Visit booth 315 to find Japanese futurologist's view on threat of Chinese communism."
    - Source

Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    CPAC, looks to be very business as usual.

Woke: "Thanks for 2020 Scriptwriters!"
    Broke: The script has been writing itself all along.

“This is my boyfriend,” one woman says. #CPAC

<golden idol>
    "What the F" was my genuine reaction to that statue. I usually have to visit r/wtf to get that reaction.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the complaints about "cancel culture" is that actually horrible people that make truly awful statements that are hateful, racist, sexist, bigoted, etc. try to *equate* themselves with other people that are "cancelled" for silly reasons like saying K-Pop band BTS sucks. And then they try to turn the discussion into a debate around cancel culture instead of taking responsibility for their hateful actions or comments.

The vast majority of people that were banned on Twitter or lost jobs for making statements in support of Nazism completely earned their cancellation. Don't fall for the moral equivalence game they try to play turning into into a debate around cancel culture to deflect from what they've done. It's been in full effect lately, making very hateful Nazi fascist type comments, and then falsely comparing their comments to comedians and complaining about cancel culture when they get called out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody else get the feeling that Trump's speech is gonna be a dud? I'm sure CNN and Fox and every other outlet is gonna wet themselves and pump it up into Trump Became President Today" or "Heeere's Donny!", but... eh. Jacobin and the DSA will be like, Why dont Dems do this?!

I'm expecting mostly personal grievances and low energy.

Anybody else get the feeling that Trump's speech is gonna be a dud? I'm sure CNN and Fox and every other outlet is gonna wet themselves and pump it up into Trump Became President Today" or "Heeere's Donny!", but... eh. Jacobin and the DSA will be like, Why dont Dems do this?!

I'm expecting mostly personal grievances and low energy.
    Honestly, I would expect this more then anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did it. CPAC forms a a Voltron between Nazi Occultists and a Conservative College Acapella group to ... murder the National Anthem.

And people in the audience think *Colin Kaepernick* disrespected the anthem.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did it. CPAC forms a a Voltron between Nazi Occultists and a Conservative College Acapella group to ... murder the National Anthem.

And people in the audience think *Colin Kaepernick* disrespected the anthem.
    did she forget the words or something? I only played the first 30 sec on the video, while yes, her singing voice sounds like her mouth was full of cotton, I'm not gonna hold that against her. (The one time I tried singing, my dog literally started howling.)

so what was disrespectful?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

What the fuck is Trump even talking about? "We're going to be victorious" at what?? What does he think is going to happen?

Edit: Droning on about communism and illegal immigrants. Funny how he sounds even more pathetic than he used to. Sick of his voice now, I'm out.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-02-28 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What the fuck is Trump even talking about? "We're going to be victorious" at what?? What does he think is going to happen?
    No idea. I can't listen to him speak. His voice + the utter nonsense he usually spouts makes my brain hurt something awful.

Anyone care to tell what he is saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    did she forget the words or something? I only played the first 30 sec on the video, while yes, her singing voice sounds like her mouth was full of cotton, I'm not gonna hold that against her. (The one time I tried singing, my dog literally started howling.)

so what was disrespectful?
    She, um... she used all the keys.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    No idea. I can't listen to him speak. His voice + the utter nonsense he usually spouts makes my brain hurt something awful.

Anyone care to tell what he is saying?
    I came in here hoping that someone was brave enough to watch him and give a summary since I also can't stand to hear his nonsense. But at a guess, it's him trying to fire up his base again. I think "We're going to be victorious" means they think they've lost this country like some kind of football game. It's really all they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    She, um... she used all the keys.
    so her singing got worse deeper in.

Ill say Im not of the mindset that if you cant sing, don't.
    I will point at laugh at CPAC that they just pulled some random donor's daughter and let her cause they couldn't get anyone with talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I came in here hoping that someone was brave enough to watch him and give a summary since I also can't stand to hear his nonsense. But at a guess, it's him trying to fire up his base again. I think "We're going to be victorious" means they think they've lost this country like some kind of football game. It's really all they know.
    Im sure it will be up on youtube by tomorrow
    I tried the CPAC feed, but whatever sort of player "Rumble" is, my laptop didn't like it
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

You can watch it live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VDZfIvXnzI

Typical rambling bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    You can watch it live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VDZfIvXnzI

Typical rambling bullshit.
    I was curious so I click the link and hear him going on about "Trumpism." Basically he's doing his typical song and dance of taking credit for stuff he didn't do and complaining about problems that don't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    other than the creep "we love you" chanting, this hasn't been any different from his normal campaign rallies