Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I mean, why bother with dog whistles and shit when you're already mask off?

I'm surprised they're not bringing out the jackboots, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    This is just getting absurd. I think the writers for 2021 are just phoning it in at this point.

https://twitter.com/BJvGalen/status/...2bpVWWmPhQ_MdE

Between the stage layout and that golden idol, the only possible end is Trump suddenly dropping the act and revealing it was some insane Andy Kaufman act this whole time and he was just pulling a Borat to expose all of this and didn't expect that it would just keep going.

Please tell me that is how this ends.
    Well Trump was pretty openly racist so why not double down for 2024, don't be surprised if he gives a heil Hitler after his speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Are these all Wall Street Bets references?
    Jimmy Buffet...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-...at-cpac-2021-2

Elected Republicans: It's too dangerous for us to go and vote this week/weekend, we need to vote by proxy due to the ongoing health crisis. Which we've decried as unconstitutional and complained about.

Also Elected Republicans: YO CPAC 2021 HOLLA AT YOU BOI, AND IF YOU HOLLA AT ME WITH A MASK I'M GONNA PUNCH IT OFF YORU FACE IN THE NAME OF FREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-...at-cpac-2021-2

Elected Republicans: It's too dangerous for us to go and vote this week/weekend, we need to vote by proxy due to the ongoing health crisis. Which we've decried as unconstitutional and complained about.

Also Elected Republicans: YO CPAC 2021 HOLLA AT YOU BOI, AND IF YOU HOLLA AT ME WITH A MASK I'M GONNA PUNCH IT OFF YORU FACE IN THE NAME OF FREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
    "Sorry boss, I can't come into work today. Religious holiday. The Feast of... Maximum Occupancy."

At least that's standard. It's been this way since before the Trump era, so I guess not too much changed. It just got a bit...a lot, nuttier.

Seriously, the pictures of the event make it look like the shitty conspiracy theory/mysticism/alien convention where it's just a bunch of crazies setting up their stalls to hawk their shitty arts and crafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At least that's standard. It's been this way since before the Trump era, so I guess not too much changed. It just got a bit...a lot, nuttier.

Seriously, the pictures of the event make it look like the shitty conspiracy theory/mysticism/alien convention where it's just a bunch of crazies setting up their stalls to hawk their shitty arts and crafts.
    I mean, is that really that far off on what the modern-day GOP and conservative movement has become under the Tea Party/Trumpism?

The best part is Ted Cruz literally screaming "freedom" into a mic.

I don't think I've ever seen so many people be so lost. 74 million support this nonsense....

Not sure if any of you lads have seen this, but CPAC has been... weird.

Quote Originally Posted by The Independent
    One of the stalls is dedicated to Japanese political scientist and "Samurai Futurologist" Gemki Fujii. CPAC tweeted: "Visit booth 315 to find Japanese futurologist's view on threat of Chinese communism."
    - Source

Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

CPAC, looks to be very business as usual.

Woke: "Thanks for 2020 Scriptwriters!"
    Broke: The script has been writing itself all along.

“This is my boyfriend,” one woman says. #CPAC

<golden idol>
    "What the F" was my genuine reaction to that statue. I usually have to visit r/wtf to get that reaction.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The problem with the complaints about "cancel culture" is that actually horrible people that make truly awful statements that are hateful, racist, sexist, bigoted, etc. try to *equate* themselves with other people that are "cancelled" for silly reasons like saying K-Pop band BTS sucks. And then they try to turn the discussion into a debate around cancel culture instead of taking responsibility for their hateful actions or comments.

The vast majority of people that were banned on Twitter or lost jobs for making statements in support of Nazism completely earned their cancellation. Don't fall for the moral equivalence game they try to play turning into into a debate around cancel culture to deflect from what they've done. It's been in full effect lately, making very hateful Nazi fascist type comments, and then falsely comparing their comments to comedians and complaining about cancel culture when they get called out.

I saw we got another Elaine level dance performance from Guilfoyle last night. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Anybody else get the feeling that Trump's speech is gonna be a dud? I'm sure CNN and Fox and every other outlet is gonna wet themselves and pump it up into Trump Became President Today" or "Heeere's Donny!", but... eh. Jacobin and the DSA will be like, Why dont Dems do this?!

I'm expecting mostly personal grievances and low energy.

Anybody else get the feeling that Trump's speech is gonna be a dud? I'm sure CNN and Fox and every other outlet is gonna wet themselves and pump it up into Trump Became President Today" or "Heeere's Donny!", but... eh. Jacobin and the DSA will be like, Why dont Dems do this?!

Honestly, I would expect this more then anything.

I hope we get downer Trump, but dude hasn’t gotten to rally in a while. He’s gonna be needing the attention, especially with no social media.

They did it. CPAC forms a a Voltron between Nazi Occultists and a Conservative College Acapella group to ... murder the National Anthem.

And people in the audience think *Colin Kaepernick* disrespected the anthem.

They did it. CPAC forms a a Voltron between Nazi Occultists and a Conservative College Acapella group to ... murder the National Anthem.

And people in the audience think *Colin Kaepernick* disrespected the anthem.
    did she forget the words or something? I only played the first 30 sec on the video, while yes, her singing voice sounds like her mouth was full of cotton, I'm not gonna hold that against her. (The one time I tried singing, my dog literally started howling.)

so what was disrespectful?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

What the fuck is Trump even talking about? "We're going to be victorious" at what?? What does he think is going to happen?

Edit: Droning on about communism and illegal immigrants. Funny how he sounds even more pathetic than he used to. Sick of his voice now, I'm out.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-02-28 at 10:04 PM.