Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    People demanded tier sets back in BfA. They had years to work on them for Shadowlands.
    Okay? Not my point. I'm talking about what their plans were and expectations set for them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    We are getting some new covenant transmog sets and mounts though.
    Considering the fact they said the custom rewards such as transmog, mounts and pets and their costs are balanced so that you have to farm for them through the whole expansion, I wouldnt be that excited. You probably wont be able to afford the new covenant transmog anyway without hardcore anima / anima2 grind.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2021-02-23 at 10:50 AM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No, I don't.

    I mean have three good patches. A patch should contain as much content as a patch does. I don't differentiate between "first, second, and third" patches because I don't want the second patch to be sub par - We wouldn't have people burning out and unsubbing if that were the case, as they'd remain interested in the new content.

    If they can't figure it out with their current model, that means they change their current model to have three good patches. (Or more, considering we used to get 4 raid-sized patches.)
    I guess my question is, from their perspective why would they? It makes sense to put more effort into the final patch.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Tier sets are outdated. It completely sucks having anything up to 6 slots of your gear 'locked down' to the tier set, reducing gear progression\upgrades by a huge margin.
    How is this true?
    New raid, new tier sets. If 4 set is BiS for you, then you go for the 4 best itemized tier piece, fill the rest with your BiS from the raid. As a resto shaman I spent most of MoP with fully offset stuff because tier set bonuses weren't that good. And let me tell you a secret: I didn't change them until the next raid tier. Those were locked as well, because they were the best. And getting them with somethingforged was actually harder than getting them from a tier token.
    Finisihing your tier set was a great moment.
    If you are done with a raid on your highest difficulty, what gear progression can you possibly strive for anyways? You have a BiS list, you either have it or don't. It can be either tier piece or some random offset thing. Either way, you won't change it till the next raid tier. If the new tier set is shittier than the much lower ilevel old tier set, then that's simply and purely a developer fuckup.
    Stop eating up the shit the devs put in front of you as reasons for change.
    Removing tier sets was to give us more, artistically exciting and unique gear. WHERE is it? (BfA and so far in Shadowlands)
    Gating flying was to get more exciting outdoor content. WHERE is it?
    Removing tier sets was purely to make room for azerite gear. Don't let lawyer speak fool you.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-02-23 at 04:01 PM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

    yea, they barely listen to the community, just look at the increased raid drops, valor points for m+ upgrades with extra ilvl from several achievements like keystone master.

    that being said, going ham on everything the community asks is a very bad way to go, so i'm glad they're slow on pulling the trigger and make sure they're the right moves.
    i know you're trying to sarcastically say i'm wrong but you accidentally proved my point. people complained about loot drops the moment it was nerfed for no reason. it took months for them to reverse their decision and it wasn't because they listened to us. it's because there has been a mass exodus of players. while there is no definitive evidence, it is strongly implied by the amount of threads on the wow forums talking about how many people are losing friends and talking about quitting. while there are is always a "i'm quitting" thread, there has without a doubt been more than normal over the past couple months.

    valor points doesn't answer the issue people are having of not getting loot in the first place. that means they didn't listen. they took something people were asking for (valor point vendors) and made it into something else that doesn't solve the problem (valor point upgrades). the keystone master achievements are just meant as gates to those upgrade thresholds and also don't address the complaints people have.

    i'm not saying blizz needs to go ham on everything. but when a community also universally complains about how a system is badly designed for over a year and it isn't changed, that's not listening. i give credit when it's due and blizzard doesn't deserve credit right now. they are making terrible decision after terrible decision. some common sense things are somehow going over their heads. using the loot nerfs as an example, why did it need to be nerfed? because titanforging was taken out? no, it didn't for that reason. we had the same amount of loot drops for years which predates the implementation of warforging and titanforging. the only reason it was nerfed was to make people play longer since the infinite grind was taken out. that decision wasn't for the good of the game, it was for the good of the profits.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I guess my question is, from their perspective why would they? It makes sense to put more effort into the final patch.
    Because they want to make consistent amounts of money? They can have a good final patch and not skimp on the middle patch to do it. If they want people to pay for the game, they should be looking at ways to keep people subscribed throughout the WHOLE cycle, not just the beginning and end.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  7. #47
    I mean, they don't need tier sets. But we do need new deliberately "better" legendaries each patch in order to keep the rotation changing.

    BFA was a mistake because they kept layering new systems on top of the old, which made it a nightmare to catch up with alts, but the exact same rotation all the way through the expansion will get real old.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Because they want to make consistent amounts of money? They can have a good final patch and not skimp on the middle patch to do it. If they want people to pay for the game, they should be looking at ways to keep people subscribed throughout the WHOLE cycle, not just the beginning and end.
    I disagree. With limited resources (which every company has) you want to spend them where they are most impactful - that’s a launch when everyone decides whether to buy, and the final patch that’s much longer.

    I don’t care how many resources you actually have, it always makes sense to make those two the best and most full of features, so I would always allocate more to those if I were in charge.

  9. #49
    Tier sets returning has always been a lie.
    why are people still surprised?
    the report systems sucks and the mods are bias.

  10. #50
    Blizzard can add however many sets, but if it's not coming from the raid people are crying. I think it's psychological.

  11. #51
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I disagree. With limited resources (which every company has) you want to spend them where they are most impactful - that’s a launch when everyone decides whether to buy, and the final patch that’s much longer.

    I don’t care how many resources you actually have, it always makes sense to make those two the best and most full of features, so I would always allocate more to those if I were in charge.
    This has to be the worst take I have ever seen on this issue, for several reasons.

    First, WoW has never had limited art resources before. Ever. This will be the first patch with no new raid sets, not even the generic sets they started doing with BFA.

    Second, this patch is still getting art resources. This isn't even an unallocated issue it's a misallocated issue. We're getting 4 rather underwhelming Covenant sets when those resources could have been invested in making the 4 generic tier sets for Torghast.

    And third, this sets a dangerous precedent. Do you want more 6.1 SELFIE Patches? This is how you get it. By saying only the first and last patch of an expansion matters.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  12. #52
    Stealthed Defender unbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Posts
    6,421
    Blizz has been spending less and less to maintain WoW and putting less in each expansion since at least Cata. There shouldn't be any real surprises in this regard.

  13. #53
    Herald of the Titans TigTone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Westfall
    Posts
    2,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Colour me unsurprised.

    This expansion is just as bad as the last 3-4 have been. Not sure why anyone believed it would be any better?
    So MoP - SL are bad expansion.

    Glad to find a unicorn Fan of Cata

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Blizz has been spending less and less to maintain WoW and putting less in each expansion since at least Cata. There shouldn't be any real surprises in this regard.

    That is a straight up lie.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This has to be the worst take I have ever seen on this issue, for several reasons.

    First, WoW has never had limited art resources before. Ever. This will be the first patch with no new raid sets, not even the generic sets they started doing with BFA.

    Second, this patch is still getting art resources. This isn't even an unallocated issue it's a misallocated issue. We're getting 4 rather underwhelming Covenant sets when those resources could have been invested in making the 4 generic tier sets for Torghast.

    And third, this sets a dangerous precedent. Do you want more 6.1 SELFIE Patches? This is how you get it. By saying only the first and last patch of an expansion matters.
    I mean, sure they have had limited resources. That’s just always true... budgets aren’t infinite.

    Regarding the misallocation - sure, I don’t know anything about what they are allocating resources towards. My comment was not about allocation within the patch, it was about how they allocate between patches.

    To your selfie patch comment - I covered that in an earlier post. They’ve realized they can’t get away with deleting the patch entirely - they tried in WoD, and I think the most universally accepted criticism of Wod is that two raid tiers was too few- but I think it’s reasonable for them to put less into it than into the longer last patch.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2021-02-23 at 07:08 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    Tier sets returning has always been a lie.
    why are people still surprised?
    It was always known that Tier Sets would -not- return in 9.1, but sometime later in the expansion. Stated by Ion himself.

    But hey, let's keep acting like they said otherwise and "lied" about it.

    Fucking MMOC, sigh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Blizz has been spending less and less to maintain WoW and putting less in each expansion since at least Cata. There shouldn't be any real surprises in this regard.
    Another idiotic claim. This thread is going places.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    That didn't happen, at all, with WoD or BFA. It literally just sucked the entire time.
    Wod was great the entire time, BFA was all legions bad without any of its good tho. At least at the start, I didn't stick around to find out what it was like after.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

  17. #57
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,752
    It's disappointing on two levels

    1. It's the same models as we've already got for legendaries, so that's dull.
    2. I'm sick of looking like every other leatherwearer. I play a druid, I want to look like a druid. Yes, there's Tmog, and I use it, but that doesn't excuse this laziness in set design that started in BFA.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Wod was great the entire time, BFA was all legions bad without any of its good tho. At least at the start, I didn't stick around to find out what it was like after.
    If I had to describe my ideal expansion it would be:

    Wod - legendary quest + flying at start (no achieve) + mythic+ + a raid tier - garrison.

    WoDs raids were good. Just wasn’t enough of it.

    Or legion - legiondaries - artifact power - artifact weapon - flying achieve + flying at launch.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2021-02-23 at 07:20 PM.

  19. #59
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ardenweald
    Posts
    15,278
    Ok, lol.
    This is just really sad.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Who left for new studios?
    I think Chris Kaleiki left Blizzard and a few other people (enough to start new studios to say the least). Only few of the employees who leave Blizzard actually talk about it though (why would they after all it's just a job for them).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •