Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    honestly the class tiers each raid was such a great interest for me, if not playing I'd always take a look at what they crafted. Now a days, it's just not the same...really hope the developers realize they lost some people without class based tier sets, as I cant be alone on this. oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Sure it is. But here’s my impression of wow activity by patch:

Patch one... surge of new interest, lots of revenue at stake as you want players to buy box.

Patch two... subs decline as people who burned themselves out in patch one unsubscribe.

Patch three... game is finally a finished product, and raid is easier because of gear systems that progressively nerf it. People come back and play casually for a while, but eventually start getting bored, which creates hype for something new.

Now when you say to not skimp on anything, what you mean is to split limited resources equally between second and third patch. If I’m blizzard, I through all the resources at the third patch because it lasts for much longer and because you’re trying to get the burnouts back. I don’t think “tier sets” will keep a burned out player from unsubbing at the end of the first patch, but I think it would encourage them to consider resubbing for third.

But if you don’t mean that, the simple answer is profit. 2nd patch has the be the least revenue generating, why bother investing a ton in it?
    Now you're just telling us how it is. Yes, we know all that. But they can sure as hell put on their best shoes and make sure we get good fucking raids and content in general too.. You know, stuff worth resubbing over. I know they can, it's not an indie company afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    Especially when you compare their output to Square Enix who have been in lockdown much much longer in Japan. With a smaller team too.
    Didn't Square cancel the last Ultimate raid?

This is so, SO underwhelming.

Not only will we not be seeing class sets return in 9.1, but the raid armor sets are simply going to be a transmog-able version of the legendary sets that we've seen already.

No new conduits either. No new customizations. No new heritage sets.

Here's the interview on WoWhead: https://www.wowhead.com/news=321033....-mega#comments
    Tier sets are outdated. It completely sucks having anything up to 6 slots of your gear 'locked down' to the tier set, reducing gear progression\upgrades by a huge margin.

They talked about empowered conduits, or something along those lines for 9.1, even if there are no new conduits.

As for heritage... who cares. that's a little extra we get once in a while, far from a requirement every patch, or even something to be bummed out for not coming.

As long as we have story progression, dungeon, zone, raid and balance of current systems (conduits, soulbinds, legendaries, and specs), it's a great patch for me. Everything else is gravy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    lastly, one i want to call out myself because they haven't listened to us literally since shadowlands was announced on it.
    yea, they barely listen to the community, just look at the increased raid drops, valor points for m+ upgrades with extra ilvl from several achievements like keystone master.

that being said, going ham on everything the community asks is a very bad way to go, so i'm glad they're slow on pulling the trigger and make sure they're the right moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Oh how I wish I could say I'm surprised...
    wish granted for me, i admit i didn't even think that is option in first place?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Tier sets are outdated.
    tier sets are inconic to wow since ever, i have friends who left wow and yet always check and discuss with me about tier sets
    of course they stopped doing that since tier set removed, and any interest (or hope) they return is dead with it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Tier sets are outdated. It completely sucks having anything up to 6 slots of your gear 'locked down' to the tier set, reducing gear progression\upgrades by a huge margin.
    Make 6 pieces instead of 5, have a 2-set and 4-set bonus, and make one set per class. Make the non-sets either a nice recolor of the sets or something common to other sources.
    Yes, this makes gear progress slightly slower. You can't immediately replace every piece with a higher ilvl one in every situation. But you also get a nice bonus when you complete your set. Giving players something to strive for, something that usually feels good when it's completed, is well worth not being able to switch out a 213 item immediately with a 226.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn my expectations were low but holy shit, recycling the legendary sets is a special kind of low.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they jusst dont want to make new sets models thats all they obvious can but whhy they should if u can give all 4 covenants most garbage sets and recycle old set which even isnt changed (maybe only colour) but hell yeah i love when druids look like demon hunter mmm yeah or when paladin is dressed like death knight t

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck conduits new and old. Fuck seeing a purple drop from a boss in an expansion infamous for being loot starved and then realizing it's the heroic version of a subpar turd

Thank Christ for that. Tier sets add nothing of value to the game and just make raiding a requirement. New conduits are unnecessary, the ones we have are annoying enough, adding more would make it worse.

Glad they aren't forcing bad decisions for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Makes sense, I never expected Tier sets in the first patch. Originally there was going to be no plan for them but the outcry for them made them change their mind. This change happened way too far into development to see in the first raid after Nathria.
    People demanded tier sets back in BfA. They had years to work on them for Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Stop using covid as an excuse. If they didn't provide their employees with a means to do what they need to from home, it's on them as they're not hurting in terms of profit like the restaurants and other things are. That tired sad excuse needs to stop.
    Especially when you compare their output to Square Enix who have been in lockdown much much longer in Japan. With a smaller team too.
    So much this. Look at what other companies do, look what indie developers can achieve - and then compare those things to the efforts a multi billion dollar company like Blizzard does. Very disappointing.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    This game really has a habit of being good at the start, sucking all through the middle, then getting good at the end. Every expansion recently.

My questions if that's true is: Why bother, then?
    To be fair, bfa was shit from Start to finish

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    People demanded tier sets back in BfA. They had years to work on them for Shadowlands.
    Okay? Not my point. I'm talking about what their plans were and expectations set for them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    We are getting some new covenant transmog sets and mounts though.
    Considering the fact they said the custom rewards such as transmog, mounts and pets and their costs are balanced so that you have to farm for them through the whole expansion, I wouldnt be that excited. You probably wont be able to afford the new covenant transmog anyway without hardcore anima / anima2 grind.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2021-02-23 at 10:50 AM.

How is this true?
    New raid, new tier sets. If 4 set is BiS for you, then you go for the 4 best itemized tier piece, fill the rest with your BiS from the raid. As a resto shaman I spent most of MoP with fully offset stuff because tier set bonuses weren't that good. And let me tell you a secret: I didn't change them until the next raid tier. Those were locked as well, because they were the best. And getting them with somethingforged was actually harder than getting them from a tier token.
    Finisihing your tier set was a great moment.
    If you are done with a raid on your highest difficulty, what gear progression can you possibly strive for anyways? You have a BiS list, you either have it or don't. It can be either tier piece or some random offset thing. Either way, you won't change it till the next raid tier. If the new tier set is shittier than the much lower ilevel old tier set, then that's simply and purely a developer fuckup.
    Stop eating up the shit the devs put in front of you as reasons for change.
    Removing tier sets was to give us more, artistically exciting and unique gear. WHERE is it? (BfA and so far in Shadowlands)
    Gating flying was to get more exciting outdoor content. WHERE is it?
    Removing tier sets was purely to make room for azerite gear. Don't let lawyer speak fool you.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-02-23 at 04:01 PM.

yea, they barely listen to the community, just look at the increased raid drops, valor points for m+ upgrades with extra ilvl from several achievements like keystone master.

that being said, going ham on everything the community asks is a very bad way to go, so i'm glad they're slow on pulling the trigger and make sure they're the right moves.
    i know you're trying to sarcastically say i'm wrong but you accidentally proved my point. people complained about loot drops the moment it was nerfed for no reason. it took months for them to reverse their decision and it wasn't because they listened to us. it's because there has been a mass exodus of players. while there is no definitive evidence, it is strongly implied by the amount of threads on the wow forums talking about how many people are losing friends and talking about quitting. while there are is always a "i'm quitting" thread, there has without a doubt been more than normal over the past couple months.

valor points doesn't answer the issue people are having of not getting loot in the first place. that means they didn't listen. they took something people were asking for (valor point vendors) and made it into something else that doesn't solve the problem (valor point upgrades). the keystone master achievements are just meant as gates to those upgrade thresholds and also don't address the complaints people have.

i'm not saying blizz needs to go ham on everything. but when a community also universally complains about how a system is badly designed for over a year and it isn't changed, that's not listening. i give credit when it's due and blizzard doesn't deserve credit right now. they are making terrible decision after terrible decision. some common sense things are somehow going over their heads. using the loot nerfs as an example, why did it need to be nerfed? because titanforging was taken out? no, it didn't for that reason. we had the same amount of loot drops for years which predates the implementation of warforging and titanforging. the only reason it was nerfed was to make people play longer since the infinite grind was taken out. that decision wasn't for the good of the game, it was for the good of the profits.

I mean, they don't need tier sets. But we do need new deliberately "better" legendaries each patch in order to keep the rotation changing.

BFA was a mistake because they kept layering new systems on top of the old, which made it a nightmare to catch up with alts, but the exact same rotation all the way through the expansion will get real old.

Tier sets returning has always been a lie.
    why are people still surprised?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Blizzard can add however many sets, but if it's not coming from the raid people are crying. I think it's psychological.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I disagree. With limited resources (which every company has) you want to spend them where they are most impactful - that’s a launch when everyone decides whether to buy, and the final patch that’s much longer.

I don’t care how many resources you actually have, it always makes sense to make those two the best and most full of features, so I would always allocate more to those if I were in charge.
    This has to be the worst take I have ever seen on this issue, for several reasons.

First, WoW has never had limited art resources before. Ever. This will be the first patch with no new raid sets, not even the generic sets they started doing with BFA.

Second, this patch is still getting art resources. This isn't even an unallocated issue it's a misallocated issue. We're getting 4 rather underwhelming Covenant sets when those resources could have been invested in making the 4 generic tier sets for Torghast.

And third, this sets a dangerous precedent. Do you want more 6.1 SELFIE Patches? This is how you get it. By saying only the first and last patch of an expansion matters.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)