Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Blizz has been spending less and less to maintain WoW and putting less in each expansion since at least Cata. There shouldn't be any real surprises in this regard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Colour me unsurprised.

This expansion is just as bad as the last 3-4 have been. Not sure why anyone believed it would be any better?
    So MoP - SL are bad expansion.

Glad to find a unicorn Fan of Cata

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Blizz has been spending less and less to maintain WoW and putting less in each expansion since at least Cata. There shouldn't be any real surprises in this regard.

That is a straight up lie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    Tier sets returning has always been a lie.
    why are people still surprised?
    It was always known that Tier Sets would -not- return in 9.1, but sometime later in the expansion. Stated by Ion himself.

But hey, let's keep acting like they said otherwise and "lied" about it.

Fucking MMOC, sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Another idiotic claim. This thread is going places.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    That didn't happen, at all, with WoD or BFA. It literally just sucked the entire time.
    Wod was great the entire time, BFA was all legions bad without any of its good tho. At least at the start, I didn't stick around to find out what it was like after.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's disappointing on two levels

1. It's the same models as we've already got for legendaries, so that's dull.
    2. I'm sick of looking like every other leatherwearer. I play a druid, I want to look like a druid. Yes, there's Tmog, and I use it, but that doesn't excuse this laziness in set design that started in BFA.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, lol.
    This is just really sad.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Who left for new studios?
    I think Chris Kaleiki left Blizzard and a few other people (enough to start new studios to say the least). Only few of the employees who leave Blizzard actually talk about it though (why would they after all it's just a job for them).

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I think Chris Kaleiki left Blizzard and a few other people (enough to start new studios to say the least). Only few of the employees who leave Blizzard actually talk about it though (why would they after all it's just a job for them).
    So if no one is actually posting about leaving blizzard at all other then two guys how do we know enough left to new studios unless we’re going years back?

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    There was a set for each class though, not 4 total.
    There're also 16 covenant sets.

Removing class sets was honestly the worst decision they ever made design-wise.

I remember they once said it was being done to "allow us to make raid-themed sets" but that was always a bullshit excuse. For example, Firelands. Every class set in Firelands was themed around the raid. The same applied to Dragon Soul, ICC, etc. The art team was challenged to find a way to combine each class' visual aesthetic with that of the raid and it was a brilliant idea.

Did it work out every time? No. Some sets came out terrible. But you could still appreciate the work and the effort. You could still recognize where the sets came from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There're also 16 covenant sets.
    Yeah and for the most part they're lame as hell.

Guess who is not paying atm for the game, and would cancel payment it that was the case after blizzconline?

I suggest you guys do the same after all that has being said.

specially about customization

7+ Year Old Account
    This is so, SO underwhelming.

Not only will we not be seeing class sets return in 9.1, but the raid armor sets are simply going to be a transmog-able version of the legendary sets that we've seen already.

No new conduits either. No new customizations. No new heritage sets.

Here's the interview on WoWhead: https://www.wowhead.com/news=321033....-mega#comments
    "no new conduits" that is a lie, we are getting new conduits, they said so during blizzcon.
    the interview was likely wrong

but yeah we always knew we were unlikely to get teir sets, blizzard said that would be a later thing not a "first patch thing"

Also they did ALSO say that we would be able to unlock the transmog version of the legendries from coming content, so yay we can finally mog it, and it makes sense being the maw. better this then some random quest or new twisting corridors wings.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially when you compare their output to Square Enix who have been in lockdown much much longer in Japan. With a smaller team too.
    Smaller team? their team is about the same size, or are you comparing ALL of blizzard to those that work on FF14?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    The guy that did all the covenant ability animations and worked in some class design, i don't recall the name. I have heard of more, but didn't keep track. I know quite a few went to dreamhaven, the new Morheim studio too.
    got sources on that? cause right now dreamhaven is literally just a concept, they dont even have a game in development yet as we know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Damn my expectations were low but holy shit, recycling the legendary sets is a special kind of low.
    recyling? they arnt recycled cause we cant even transmog them yet, we have known since they were shown we wouldn't be able to mog them, and we would be able to earn the mogs later.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

i mean the different colored sets were literaly datamined as maw_raid and every .1 patch has used existing assets... nighthold even just used the already built nighthold with bosses, bod, just used the horde city, also the sets look amazing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Yeah they jusst dont want to make new sets models thats all they obvious can but whhy they should if u can give all 4 covenants most garbage sets and recycle old set which even isnt changed (maybe only colour) but hell yeah i love when druids look like demon hunter mmm yeah or when paladin is dressed like death knight t
    1. idk if you know but the set was not mogable prior and we asked for it to be and blizz said we would be able to earn moggable versions soon
    2. you know transmog exists right?
    3. even when teir sets existed you never ever equipped the full set, i know as a warlock in ICC i had to wear the priest helmet because it was the best stats, cause random pieces that are not teir gear that drops in the raid has random item appearances, so unless you wore full sets which would make you dumb, you never "looked like a paladin in paladin gear" ever since they removed the "full set bonuses" like they had in vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Fuck seeing a purple drop from a boss in an expansion infamous for being loot starved and then realizing it's the heroic version of a subpar turd
    What?
    You do know conduits are BONUS loot right? they dont take the place of loot. they are BONUS.
    are you really complaining about getting free shit?

Quote Originally Posted by stormrage666 View Post
    Guess who is not paying atm for the game, and would cancel payment it that was the case after blizzconline?

I suggest you guys do the same after all that has being said.

specially about customization
    Yea, stop playing a game i love raiding and doing m+ in for lack of customization is absurd, and considering the vast amounts of customization they added just a few months ago on the pre-patch for Shadowlands, would just make it absolutely asinine.

To each its own.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This has to be the worst take I have ever seen on this issue, for several reasons.

First, WoW has never had limited art resources before. Ever. This will be the first patch with no new raid sets, not even the generic sets they started doing with BFA.

Second, this patch is still getting art resources. This isn't even an unallocated issue it's a misallocated issue. We're getting 4 rather underwhelming Covenant sets when those resources could have been invested in making the 4 generic tier sets for Torghast.

And third, this sets a dangerous precedent. Do you want more 6.1 SELFIE Patches? This is how you get it. By saying only the first and last patch of an expansion matters.
    And that right there ladies and gentlemen, is a bald faced fucking lie.
    we have had MANY patches with no new raid sets.
    Legion 9.1 with nighthold, we had no new set, it was the exact same set as from emerald nightmare
    Wod blackrock mountain had the exact same mog as highmaul did.

Vanilla literally had teir 2 in molten core before shoving it out of molten core and into blackwing lair and also teir 2 shared the exact same appearence as teir 1 till 3 patches after blackwing lair was added.

Molten core=drops teir 1 and 2, same appearence
    patch 1.4= teir 2 removed
    patch 1.6= teir 2 back, now in blackwing lair, same appearence as teir 1
    patch 1.9 = teir 2 finally gets unique appearence.

dont forget tbc which was famous for sharing sets over many raids and "teirs" same with cataclysm.
    ruby sanctum also mate.
    Crucible of storms which released after battle of dazar'alor as part of the next patch had no new raid set, using the same one from dazar alor.

so no its not the "first patch with no new raid sets" like you lied about its the what... 6th?
    Blackwing lair
    Ruby sanctum
    Blackrock mountain
    Nighthold
    Crucible of storms

THEN the maw raid, which btw these are technically new, cause we could not get these transmogs ahead of time, they are brand new transmogs to us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I mean, sure they have had limited resources. That’s just always true... budgets aren’t infinite.

Regarding the misallocation - sure, I don’t know anything about what they are allocating resources towards. My comment was not about allocation within the patch, it was about how they allocate between patches.

To your selfie patch comment - I covered that in an earlier post. They’ve realized they can’t get away with deleting the patch entirely - they tried in WoD, and I think the most universally accepted criticism of Wod is that two raid tiers was too few- but I think it’s reasonable for them to put less into it than into the longer last patch.
    They have been constantly hiring for months, i follow/chat with a lot of devs and there is a lot of them who are constantly advertising openings for their sections, but its hard to find people for such a niche.

"They have tons of money just hire new people" is not always as easy as it sounds.
    and yeah 2 raid teirs was way too little.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Wod was great the entire time, BFA was all legions bad without any of its good tho. At least at the start, I didn't stick around to find out what it was like after.
    "Wod was great the entire time" is the funniest shit i have ever heard on this forum.
    Wod was good for 1 month, till people capped their garrisons, and ran outta shit to do.

its funny you say "BFa was way worse then wod, but i didnt play bfa, nor do i know what was in BFA, but trust me guys"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Yeah and for the most part they're lame as hell.
    Same can be said about teir sets, see the issue there? how armor looks is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Who left for new studios?
    Honestly quite a bit. I follow many Blizzard artists and I saw at least a dozen or so leave, most went to Riot for higher pay. Then you have all of the former founder studios opening like Morheim's Dreamhaven - which brought a few other notable Blizzard employees you can see on their teams page, as well as Rob Pardo's Bonfire... also bringing other Blizzard employees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    That didn't happen, at all, with WoD or BFA. It literally just sucked the entire time.
    No, WoD was a solid expansion even though it was a short one. Just hoping we go back there someday to see the things that were never brought to live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    No, WoD was a solid expansion even though it was a short one. Just hoping we go back there someday to see the things that were never brought to live.
    I guess you're not really "up" with the times, but WoD is largely considered by the community the worst xpac in WoW history.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I'm glad that I didn't go with my legendary craft plan to make myself a legendary of each slot, because surely they will eventually be transmoggable.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.