Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Tier sets NOT returning in 9.1, raid sets will use existing legendary armor models.

This is so, SO underwhelming.

Not only will we not be seeing class sets return in 9.1, but the raid armor sets are simply going to be a transmog-able version of the legendary sets that we've seen already.

No new conduits either. No new customizations. No new heritage sets.

Here's the interview on WoWhead: https://www.wowhead.com/news=321033....-mega#comments
    Kupo.

Honestly who needs new conduits when there are plenty of them already out there that nobody uses. Rebalancing some of the underused conduits I think would be time better spent anyway.

Colour me unsurprised.

This expansion is just as bad as the last 3-4 have been. Not sure why anyone believed it would be any better?

This game really has a habit of being good at the start, sucking all through the middle, then getting good at the end. Every expansion recently.

My questions if that's true is: Why bother, then?
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

We are getting some new covenant transmog sets and mounts though.
    So, lets not be too harsh. We are still in quarantine, working from home and all that.

Even if it's disappointing, it is understandable. We also know they had several people leave for different studios, so i'm sure they have been re-organizing.

I think no new race customizations is more disappointing. That was supposed to be an expansion fearure, like allied races.

the legendary sets actually look awesome.

it makes sense they use it. its torghast/maw themed. currently the full set is unobtainable anyway.

it also works the same way its worked since multiple expansions though. the nighthold sets were based on some pieces that were obtainable in EN.
    Last edited by Greyvax; 2021-02-23 at 03:02 AM. Reason: f

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    the legendary sets actually look awesome.

it makes sense they use it. its torghast/maw themed. currently the full set is unobtainable anyway.

it also works the same way its worked since multiple expansions though. the nighthold sets were based on some pieces that were obtainable in EN.
    There was a set for each class though, not 4 total.
    Kupo.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    So, lets not be too harsh. We are still in quarantine, working from home and all that.

Even if it's disappointing, it is understandable. We also know they had several people leave for different studios, so i'm sure they have been re-organizing.

I think no new race customizations is more disappointing. That was supposed to be an expansion fearure, like allied races.
    Who left for new studios recently?
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-02-24 at 02:11 PM.

Makes sense, I never expected Tier sets in the first patch. Originally there was going to be no plan for them but the outcry for them made them change their mind. This change happened way too far into development to see in the first raid after Nathria.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Stop using covid as an excuse. If they didn't provide their employees with a means to do what they need to from home, it's on them as they're not hurting in terms of profit like the restaurants and other things are. That tired sad excuse needs to stop.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Stop using covid as an excuse. If they didn't provide their employees with a means to do what they need to from home, it's on them as they're not hurting in terms of profit like the restaurants and other things are. That tired sad excuse needs to stop.
    Especially when you compare their output to Square Enix who have been in lockdown much much longer in Japan. With a smaller team too.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    i agree with this sentiment so much, they have more ample chance to adapt to the pandemic than other industries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good.

Tier sets fucking sucked.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Who left for new studios?
    The guy that did all the covenant ability animations and worked in some class design, i don't recall the name. I have heard of more, but didn't keep track. I know quite a few went to dreamhaven, the new Morheim studio too.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-02-23 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    They tried to delete the middle patch in WiD, it was a disaster. I think they recognize the burnout cycle now and are ok with subs dipping for a middle patch and coming back for the long, relaxing last tier.

How about making sure the middle part is good too instead?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The guy that did all the covenant ability animations and worked in some class design, i don't recall the name. I have heard of more, but didn't keep track. I know quite a few went to dreamhaven, the new Morheim studio too.
    ah I found him. Looks like he was only an effect guy though if his art station is any thing to go by so you wouldn't think that would effect sets at all.

other then him though i could only find one other dev leaving recently so It would seem unlikely that the impact would be large.

I'm less concerned about the art and more disappointed about the piece bonuses. That's what really disappoints me. Raiding needs some heavy zip for gear.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    This game really has a habit of being good at the start, sucking all through the middle, then getting good at the end. Every expansion recently.

When was BFA's "being good" period?

The end certainly wasn't. Corruptions were a complete balancing nightmare.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post

That didn't happen, at all, with WoD or BFA. It literally just sucked the entire time.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

for those looking for the relevant quotes, i'll post them.

jeremy feasel: "But expect to hear more about tier sets as we move into the future. Not for 9.1, but potentially for future patches."

jeremy feasel: "We don't have anything to announce today, but would eventually like to give everyone a Heritage Armor set."

jeremy feasel: "Nothing (refering to customization options) in the short term but we're always looking for ideas from players, so please continue to submit your ideas for things that you'd like to see."

jeremy feasel: "We're going to be extending the Soulbind trees and adding new Conduits, so rather than throwing new Soulbinds in, we're going to give you the opportunity to take the Soulbinds that you've already bonded with and grown to love, and give them a few more rows."

so this one isn't accurate like the op claims. they ARE adding new conduits but they are also extending the soulbind trees to allow room for the old ones to still be used basically.

lastly, one i want to call out myself because they haven't listened to us literally since shadowlands was announced on it.

jeremy feasel: "I think that in both of these content updates, we're going to be seeing more frequent Covenant swapping and it's something that we need to be sensitive to. We need to be listening to player feedback about how it feels to try out some of these new things now that we're increasing their power levels and make that not feel like it's bad."