Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Waste time on Mounts and get people to pay for them?: Yes

Use time to create Raid Sets that you can't get people to pay for?: No.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    This game really has a habit of being good at the start, sucking all through the middle, then getting good at the end. Every expansion recently.

My questions if that's true is: Why bother, then?
    The best of BfA was the middle (Dazaralor and Palace/Mechagon)

Same for Legion. Best part was Suramar and Nighthold

Same for WoD. Blackrock foundry

Same for MoP. Throne of Thunder

Same for Cataclysm. Firelands
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2021-02-24 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    [...] most went to Riot for higher pay.[...]
    Hardly surprising. The stories of people living out of their car and only being able to survive because they have access to some amenities at the studio never painted a good picture, especially during a pandemic when all of that suddenly evaporates into thin air.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    What?
    You do know conduits are BONUS loot right? they dont take the place of loot. they are BONUS.
    are you really complaining about getting free shit?
    No. I am complaining about the utter disappointment I feel when I see purple, get excited, and then see it is just a conduit and not a much needed piece of gear. Add to it that my class has 3 viable conduits and not only you get disappointed, but frustrated too, because chances are you don't need what you just found.

I would be okay with them changing the conduits' text color to blue or yellow or anything else. I still won't get any raid drops but at least I won't get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Colour me unsurprised.

This expansion is just as bad as the last 3-4 have been.
    4th Expansion from here is MoP very well regarded expansion, even if I did not play it for aesthetic reasons, people really enjoyed it.
    2 Expanions ago that was Legion, by many regarded best expansion and many put it next to WotLK - AKA the best expansion for most people, rose tinted or not, that's debatable.

We are getting a new zone and a mega dungeon and raid. Back in the "good expansions" you would get a quest hub at max and a dungeon or two.

Regarding to OP:
    I am too disappointed about tier sets, but I guess big crunch to release expansion left no time to develop future patched. Hopefully they can stand up and deliver on 9.2 with some extra content. I would rather wait longer than not get tier sets

I still don't get why people want Tier sets back. They're worse than Azerite. After a raid tier, if I have 5/5 Tier 10 I will need to wait until I get 4 pieces of Tier 11 to wear them because of set bonuses.

It's shitty design, I'd be wearing my T10 for half of Tier 11, praying I get the 4 pieces.

Not being able to replace a ilvl 200 item with the shiny new 230 ilvl fucking sucks.

If this was purely cosmetic, sure, I'd agree.

Blizzard: We're thinking about adding Tier back.

Players: That means right away, right?

Blizzard: Probably not the first raid.

Players: Ah, so you mean second raid, right?

Blizzard: No.

Players: BUT YOU PROMISED ME THE FIRST RAID, I'M TELLING MY MOMMY ON YOU!!!

Some people are awfully entitled. I get it that a lot of us, including myself, want tier sets back. But I really don't see what a temper tantrum on MMO Champion accomplishes in this endeavour. Anyone know if this will work?

They are coming. Just not in 9.1. So just relax would be my suggestion.

Can we just end Shadowlands in 9.2? I'm honestly already over this expansion's theme, store, lore, setting etc.

Not even whining about no tier set in 9.1, I didn't expect that and I'm fine with the legendary armor models becoming the 9.1 set, I'm just so unimpressed by SL.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    This is so, SO underwhelming.

Not only will we not be seeing class sets return in 9.1, but the raid armor sets are simply going to be a transmog-able version of the legendary sets that we've seen already.

No new conduits either. No new customizations. No new heritage sets.

Here's the interview on WoWhead: https://www.wowhead.com/news=321033....-mega#comments
    The part about Maw raid items, using Maw raid item graphics doesn't bother me the slightest - it makes perfect sense.

Don't care about tier armor either.

The lack of heritage armor does bother me though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    If this was purely cosmetic, sure, I'd agree.
    It is.
    Most people probably don't give a flying fuck about the tier set bonus.

They just want the class specific sets back.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    The best of BfA was the middle (Dazaralor and Palace/Mechagon)

Same for Legion. Best part was Suramar and Nighthold

Same for WoD. Blackrock foundry

Same for MoP. Throne of Thunder

Same for Cataclysm. Firelands
    I actually had a ton of fun in S4 of BFA, mostly since I did mplus and the season affix was so fun. I find the faster paced class combat at the end cause of stat scaling to really influence my joy.

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    This is so, SO underwhelming.

Not only will we not be seeing class sets return in 9.1, but the raid armor sets are simply going to be a transmog-able version of the legendary sets that we've seen already.

No new conduits either. No new customizations. No new heritage sets.

Here's the interview on WoWhead: https://www.wowhead.com/news=321033....-mega#comments
    At least read the post you linked... "We're going to be extending the Soulbind trees and adding new Conduits" while here you state there are no new conduits...................

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Honestly quite a bit. I follow many Blizzard artists and I saw at least a dozen or so leave, most went to Riot for higher pay. Then you have all of the former founder studios opening like Morheim's Dreamhaven - which brought a few other notable Blizzard employees you can see on their teams page, as well as Rob Pardo's Bonfire... also bringing other Blizzard employees.
    Got any links to artist leaving semi recently? There seems to be a lot of nebulous statements of abunch of people leaving but guys like rob or morhiem were years ago and I’ve only been able to find two people who have left any time recently (one artist) which you wouldn’t think would really effect the game at all.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-02-24 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    So MoP - SL are bad expansion.

Glad to find a unicorn Fan of Cata

- - - Updated - - -

That is a straight up lie.
    Is it though? It doesn't feel like it. You get special transmogs. Sure thousands of recolors from the dungeon sets and 6 colors of the raid/pvp Stes. But the last ne has only 4 different variations after they aparantly also kicked the mythic variant in the bucket becuase not mythic/elite players were angry they were not able to get seomthing immediatly.
    The new covenant transmogs are a joke. The new set allready exists and is obtainable. There is not much in th place of transmogs thsi expansion. But we don't get more of anything else in return. Not more raids, not mroe dungeons, not more classes, not more races, not more customization (where i still don't get what the big problem is there... its is not even models... just textures). Overall its is just... less. Hell even the story feels shorter. Leveling is not very long (not complaining here) but the max level story is short as hell with drawn out gather quests but no substance.
    And the most annoying thing again: NO REVEALS ANYWHERE! Only more questions and halfanswers with the ominous "this will change everythign" and what it changes is that after 4 years we still have no freking clue why sylvannas is doing what she is doing...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    no thank you
    Not going to read that rambling mess you call a communication.

Love tier sets. But man, I am really happy to not have to wait to get those legendary armor sets for transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Is it though? It doesn't feel like it. You get special transmogs. Sure thousands of recolors from the dungeon sets and 6 colors of the raid/pvp Stes. But the last ne has only 4 different variations after they aparantly also kicked the mythic variant in the bucket becuase not mythic/elite players were angry they were not able to get seomthing immediatly.
    The new covenant transmogs are a joke. The new set allready exists and is obtainable. There is not much in th place of transmogs thsi expansion. But we don't get more of anything else in return. Not more raids, not mroe dungeons, not more classes, not more races, not more customization (where i still don't get what the big problem is there... its is not even models... just textures). Overall its is just... less. Hell even the story feels shorter. Leveling is not very long (not complaining here) but the max level story is short as hell with drawn out gather quests but no substance.
    And the most annoying thing again: NO REVEALS ANYWHERE! Only more questions and halfanswers with the ominous "this will change everythign" and what it changes is that after 4 years we still have no freking clue why sylvannas is doing what she is doing...
    It seems like they really front-loaded the armour sets in this expansion. We've got 4xCovenants + quest greens + dungeon blues + craftable legendaries + raid gear = 8 sets x 4 armour classes = 32 sets in the game at launch (or shortly after if the first raid set was patched in.) That works out an awful lot more than TBC and WotLK which both reused a lot of assets, in fact off the top of my head I can't think of any expansion launch that comes anywhere near that. Possibly Cataclysm which added quite a few sets for the 1-60 content.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It seems like they really front-loaded the armour sets in this expansion. We've got 4xCovenants + quest greens + dungeon blues + craftable legendaries + raid gear = 8 sets x 4 armour classes = 32 sets in the game at launch (or shortly after if the first raid set was patched in.) That works out an awful lot more than TBC and WotLK which both reused a lot of assets, in fact off the top of my head I can't think of any expansion launch that comes anywhere near that. Possibly Cataclysm which added quite a few sets for the 1-60 content.
    Have you seen anyone who uses the dungeon sets ever? They are mostly rather plain. Always have been. At least compared to PvP/Raid sets.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    This expansion is just as bad as the last 3-4 have been.
    If you think the last 3-4 expac was best, then i dont even understand why are you still on this website