Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    49ers/Seahawks got flexed out of week 13 SNF or Broncos/Chiefs. I really don't understand that one since the Chiefs will win in a blowout.
    Works for me since I don't want to see either game.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The worst thing that could happen for that organization is if things go better the next seven games and they get false confidence to stick with Judge & Jones.
    I think Judge might be worth holding onto one more year, but Jones needs to go at this point. He hasn't shown any real development in his time there.
    Dragonflight: Better, but at this point WoW needs a major reboot not an incremental upgrade.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter | Classic - Grobbulus (Alliance)/Ashkandi (Horde)

I like how a lot of the comments on Jason Garrett are about Kadarius Toney. Yes, please, get him the ball more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    an OC that is better than Ask Madden.
    I'd wager that Ask Madden would do as well as or better that at least half the OCs in the NFL

Matt Lafleur asking for clarification on two key calls in the GB/MIN games since they don't really make sense and aren't consistent. I'm sure we will hear nothing or get basically ./shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean can you find someone better this deep into the season anyway?

I think he absolutely needs competition for next camp though.
    A lot of the other teams seem to be playing musical chairs with kickers, I don't like that idea personally.

Going into that week against the Bengals he was one of the most reliable kickers... its fair to say its a bad few games imo.

Rodgers has COVID Toe.

Hey remember when I either thought or actually said the only thing that could derail the Packers is if Rodgers has Long-Haul Covid?
    Dragonflight: Better, but at this point WoW needs a major reboot not an incremental upgrade.

Rodgers has COVID Toe.

Hey remember when I either thought or actually said the only thing that could derail the Packers is if Rodgers has Long-Haul Covid?
    My favorite thing this week was Howard stern wondering if Rodgers asked Joe Rogan how to treat his toe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

And now after saying it was COVID Toe on the Pat McAfee Podcast (which IIRC was also where he broke the news about his lie about being vaccinated) he then in his press conference in Green Bay says it's a broken toe.

Fuck this man and his lies. He can't even tell us the truth about what's wrong with his toe.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang, $790 million settlement in a lawsuit by the city of St. Louis over the Rams' departure.

NFL basically admitting they broke their promise to only relocate teams as a last resort.

Now how soon can they get the Chargers there?

And now after saying it was COVID Toe on the Pat McAfee Podcast (which IIRC was also where he broke the news about his lie about being vaccinated) he then in his press conference in Green Bay says it's a broken toe.

Fuck this man and his lies. He can't even tell us the truth about what's wrong with his toe.
    Are you trolling? (I seriously can't tell). If you are--feel free to disregard this. But if you're actually serious about Rodgers lying about the toe:

If you watched the clip or the entire interview--it was very clearly a joke. The entire staff started to laugh and Rodgers smiled. They made a mockery of it over the next few minutes. Even Pat's tweet of the clip has a joke in the title of "WE KNEW IT!!". The guy was very clearly trolling. Can argue that maybe it's a joke in bad taste, but at no point did that seem serious at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Are you trolling? (I seriously can't tell). If you are--feel free to disregard this. But if you're actually serious about Rodgers lying about the toe:

If you watched the clip or the entire interview--it was very clearly a joke. The entire staff started to laugh and Rodgers smiled. They made a mockery of it over the next few minutes. Even Pat's tweet of the clip has a joke in the title of "WE KNEW IT!!". The guy was very clearly trolling. Can argue that maybe it's a joke in bad taste, but at no point did that seem serious at all.
    Apparently he said its worse than turf toe and a bone issue and they ran with Covid toes? I first saw the covid toe thing all over other media before I saw that clip. Rodgers just needs to stay away from Pats show lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Apparently he said its worse than turf toe and a bone issue and they ran with Covid toes? I first saw the covid toe thing all over other media before I saw that clip. Rodgers just needs to stay away from Pats show lol
    Yea--supposedly the WSJ (and then a bunch of others) ran with an article about it legitimately being COVID toe and he was pissed about it.

And yup--it's probably a good idea for him to just stop talking and definitely not mock anything COVID related. You'd think he would have learned his lesson. But from watching him on there each week--I honestly don't think he cares anyway.

I don't agree with much of anything he's said regarding COVID, but the amount of overreaction to anything he says is getting crazy. If there's an opportunity to twist something he says into a monster headline--it's certainly happening. I cannot believe so many media outlets actually fell for what he said on Pat's show (or maybe they didn't---their job is to get clicks, so they probably aren't as gullible as I think they are).

I think Judge might be worth holding onto one more year, but Jones needs to go at this point. He hasn't shown any real development in his time there.
    Not saying Daniel Jones is the next Brady or anything, but, the Giants O-line has been an absolute disaster for the whole time Jones has been there.

If they move on from him and he ends up on a team with a functional O-line, he might do a whole lot better.

We've seen even great QBs like Mahomes and Brady struggle, especially with consistency, when behind a bad (ish) line.

Lack of O-line is the no. 1 culprit for a bad offense.

The only good thing about this whole COVID toe joke is Rodgers showing his foot in a press conference. Its getting memed pretty well on twitter.

https://twitter.com/Brickwallblitz/s...69899646148610

The best one yet imo.

Vikings’ DE Griffen is getting help after claiming someone was in his house trying to kill him.

EAGAN, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings released a statement Wednesday afternoon saying the team has been notified by law enforcement agencies that defensive end Everson Griffen came out of his home "without incident and is now getting the care that he needs," hours after the 33-year-old made a series of disturbing Instagram posts early Wednesday morning claiming that someone was in his home trying to kill him.

"We are thankful to the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office, the Carver County Sheriff's Office, the Minnetrista Police Department and the Orono Police Department for their quick response and dedication to ensuring the situation ended peacefully," the Vikings' statement read. "Our focus remains on Everson's health and safety and providing the proper resources for him and his family."

A statement from the Minnetrista Public Safety Department said that Griffen left the residence "without incident" around 2:30 p.m. ET and was taken by ambulance to a health care facility. The statement added that the case remains under investigation.

"We got him the necessary help that he needs and [he's] in the care of medical professionals," Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said. He added that the team has an emergency action plan that was activated once the club was notified.

Earlier Wednesday, the Minnetrista Public Safety Department said in a news release that Griffen called 911 after 3 a.m. Wednesday from his residence and said someone was inside his home while requesting assistance from authorities. Griffen told the 911 dispatcher that he fired a weapon but that no one was injured.

According to the news release, law enforcement and Vikings team psychologists were in communication with Griffen since approximately 7 a.m. but Griffen had refused to come out of his residence for hours, well into the middle of the afternoon. Police said they could not find an intruder at Griffen's residence.

Early Wednesday morning, Griffen made several Instagram posts, all of which have been deleted, including a video that showed the defensive end inside his home with a pistol, which he said belongs to him.

"I'm in my house. N----- trying to pop me," Griffen said in the video. "I've still got clips left. This is my gun, .45 Wilson Combat, registered to me. I bought all my bullets around town. Dalvin Cook helped me purchase this gun. It all belongs to me, and they are registered to me. I know exactly where I bought them. I've got the card I have them on. I have everything."

Cook told Twin Cities media members Wednesday that he did not know why he was referenced in Griffen's video but that he called and texted the defensive end to check in on him earlier in the day. Griffen, according to Cook, did not answer.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-getting-care

I want to wax lyrical on how awful this game is but I'm afraid of tempting fate with a prime time shitshow from the Raiders right after this.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it was actually a really entertaining game. Despite the referees trying to ruin it.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

This is a brutal game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I want to wax lyrical on how awful this game is but I'm afraid of tempting fate with a prime time shitshow from the Raiders right after this.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it was actually a really entertaining game. Despite the referees trying to ruin it.
    28 penalties isn’t what I’d call entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    28 penalties isn’t what I’d call entertaining.
    Half of those flags should have stayed in the referee's pocket.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Saw the non-fumble fumble video, I said it during the Packers game and I'll say it again now.

The "football move" requirement needs to go.

Man soon as Hill is healthy he better be the starter.