10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It's kinda strange. He's basically having a better season than anyone in the league, including Jonathan Taylor. He's almost certainly going to set the league record for most catches in a season, and yet he's getting very little publicity. Most people don't even think of him in these end of season awards conversations, including me when I made my post. Yet he's probably the most deserving.

If he significantly breaks the catch record (allowing for the 17 game season difference) then I think he probably should get Offensive Player of the Year, even over guys like Taylor. Taylor is in a significant part pushed up by his league best Run BLocking O-line. Kupp has Stafford throwing him the ball. Between those 2 factors, I think the O-line is a bigger one than Kupp having an above average QB compared to previous seasons.

I think the problem for Kupp is that has gotten less attention and doesn't have that game changing highlight play in the same level as Taylor's TD run to ice the game against the Patriots. He needs some kind of highlight like that in these coming weeks cause otherwise he'll get none of the publicity and attention he deserves.
    East coast bias, we're used to it. What does help is that the last couple prime time games have gone much better for the Rams.
    /s

I think WRs receive less buzz because their big plays seem to be about beating 1, or maybe 2 guys. I think people think RBs have to beat all 11, on their monster plays. When an RB gets past the DL *and* the LBs, everyone's like, "whoa, that's special."

In reality, neither position is MVP worthy because neither really offer much WAR - only a QB does and can. Putting a completely average WR or RB in place of a superstar is....well, a negligible difference. Just look at the "difference" Saquon has had for the Giants.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the big reason WRs never end up in the MVP conversation is people will inevitably ask "would he have had this season if Jared Goff was still his QB?"

And when the answer is inevitably no, they immediately pivot to sayin Matthew Stafford should be MVP for what he did to Cooper Kupp.

At least with RBs they generally aren't reliant on a good QB not overthrowing them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think the big reason WRs never end up in the MVP conversation is people will inevitably ask "would he have had this season if Jared Goff was still his QB?"

And when the answer is inevitably no, they immediately pivot to sayin Matthew Stafford should be MVP for what he did to Cooper Kupp.

At least with RBs they generally aren't reliant on a good QB not overthrowing them.
    Alternatively, look how good he was in past seasons despite having Goff as his QB. All he needed was a competent pro to become the top receiver in the league.

There's no one way to look at it. Every argument has a counter argument.
    /s

Jones out for the year. I honestly don't think it's time to blow up the Giants and draft another QB. This roster is so crappy that we need players, and Jones has showed the occasional flash. I don't think you're gonna get anywhere if you put another rookie behind this O-Line and hope for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at the 49-ers playing some proper rugby

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Lol at the 49-ers playing some proper rugby
    I really thought Kittle was going to put them on his back and take it, it looked like he had a seam for a second.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Time for our weekly reminder the Packers signed Rasul Douglas off the Cardinals' practice squad in October.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Time for our weekly reminder the Packers signed Rasul Douglas off the Cardinals' practice squad in October.
    Even better they have had the refs signed for the past decade plus.

10+ Year Old Account
    If JC Jackson is hurt (and it looked like that) then we are boned. Diggs will run free.

- - - Updated - - -

I don;t want to hear a peep from any Buffalo fans about the officiating after this game. The amount of bullshit that went on there against the Patriots was mindboggling.

- - - Updated - - -

"Cole who?" - Bills fans.

McKenzie has killed the Patriots with the short game today.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolute horse shit call. Again.

- - - Updated - - -

Need a 3 and out here.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohhhhhhhh JC, that could have been the game changer

- - - Updated - - -

That's likely going to be the difference this game. Bills picked off their easy chance. Patriots dropped theirs.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. That's ball game. And this score would not have happened and all this time wouldn't have come off the clock if JC Jackson had held on to the ball.

GG Bills fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, for where they are in their rebuild, this game was lost by the Patriots defense more than the offense. Bills never punted, just turned it over on downs once, on the 2 yard line. Even 1 or 2 stops would have made a difference here, and they never got there.

The plan this season was to lean on the defense, special teams and the running game, and develop the passing game as time went on. Defense, and special teams too, have not done that to the level they could have. Still time this season to show they aren't what they showed these past 2 weeks, but, hard to see where the sudden improvement would come from this late.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

I don;t want to hear a peep from any Buffalo fans about the officiating after this game. The amount of bullshit that went on there against the Patriots was mindboggling.

Funny you should say this. The one time I tuned into the game the refs called back a Dawson Knox touchdown.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Need the Raiders to win, as it means Dallas clinches the division. SO...please score more, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Need the Raiders to win, as it means Dallas clinches the division. SO...please score more, thanks.
    We gotchu fam.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    We gotchu fam.
    Thanks! Now to fight for seeding. Need GB to lose at some point....

10+ Year Old Account
    So, somehow, with only two weeks to go, only 3 teams in the AFC are officially out of the playoffs.

And despite the AFC West being won by the Chiefs, none of the other 3 teams are eliminated yet.

The North and the West can still, in theory, clinch every playoff spot.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Glad I didn't have to suffer through watching that game. Takes a really special offense to only score 13 points on the Raider's defense when you get 3 turnovers.

Also, wtf Chargers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Our defense is so incredibly scary. I love it!

Diggs just tied franchise record for ints and is 3rd in NFL history.

My fantasy team started out 2-5, now I'm in the championship. Weirdest season ever - all my receivers (Lockett, AJ Brown, Kittle, Higgins) sucked for the first half of the year, then suddenly they all turned around. Going into championship I have #2 QB (Herbert), 2 of the top 7 running backs (Chubb and Harris), two 1000 yard receivers + AJ Brown, #3 TE (Kittle), #1 D (Pats), and several great choices for for my flex spot (Ronald Jones, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Renfrow, Sanders).

Lockett had a 5 week stretch where he scored a total of 14 points, Tee Higgins broke 10 twice in the first 10 weeks, then 4 times in the last 5, AJ Brown had 10 weeks where he scored 4 points or fewer (including the 4 he was hurt), Kittle's been in and out of the lineup.

I've been playing fantasy for 20 years and never won a league (0-4 in championship games) but this might finally be it! It feels like it's down to the coin flip choices, I will be sitting a couple pretty good options (this week I sat St. Brown, Jones, Lockett, and Renfrow).

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Fantasy talk
    Nothing personal but fantasy talk likely belongs in a different thread when talking about the nfl season. The mantra for fantasy is usually 'No one cares about your fantasy teams or leagues' and with good reason. There is no discussion to be had here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Nothing personal but fantasy talk likely belongs in a different thread when talking about the nfl season. The mantra for fantasy is usually 'No one cares about your fantasy teams or leagues' and with good reason. There is no discussion to be had here.
    Sorry Captain No Fun, but the Giants suck and have for ever, I need something to care about.