15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Bills can end up anywhere from 2nd to 5th seed after next week. I guess that's what the NFL craves, volatility even in the last week.

BTW, it's shocking to me that a 7-9 team like the Falcons are currently in the top 10 in the draft. Seems a little high for an almost .500 record, no? Admittedly, haven't looked at the historical data. Maybe parity is finally here. 11-12 wins will be the #1 seed in the NFL, and all the contenders for it have had some really bad losses.
    AFC* Packers are at 13 with a chance for 14. Does seem to be an unusually even year but I wonder how much of that is due to teams like ravens and saints getting rocked in important roles. We’ll see if anyone can turn it on for the postseason or it might be a little dull. A pats-bills wild card in buf would be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Err, I meant the AFC. Who cares about the NFC, they're gonna lose in the Super Bowl anyways unless Tom Brady and his deal-with-the-devil ass makes it there again.

The AFC is just a mess. The current #1 seed has played 90 players or something insane and all of the playoff teams shit the bed against the dumpster fires every couple weeks.

Err, I meant the AFC. Who cares about the NFC, they're gonna lose in the Super Bowl anyways unless Tom Brady and his deal-with-the-devil ass makes it there again.
    Don't worry, he will throw 4 picks in the NFCCG and the Bucs will win because of their defense and he will be praised for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Trei_Cham/status...nXcca-40-Q&s=1

That could have been an absolute disaster, insane that a stadium in multi billion dollar franchise game can be in such a poor condition.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

That could have been an absolute disaster, insane that a stadium in multi billion dollar franchise game can be in such a poor condition.
    That stadium is pretty terrible. With the Raiders and Chargers relocated its probably the worst one.
    /s

Last I checked the NFC was over .500 versus the AFC… where does this “NFC is bad” narrative come from? Record is 5-5 over past 10.

I expect nothing different from anything associated with WFT at this point.

Respect to Hurts for how he handled that. He's out there helping people up, giving hugs and pats on the back while taking some pictures. Hard not to like that guy.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the only team in the AFC I'm scared of as an NFC fan is the Chiefs, and that's solely because there's a percentage chance Patrick Mahomes just does that.

Otherwise I think the NFC's top 3 (GB, LA, TB) can beat anyone that makes it out of the AFC.

- - - Updated - - -

Hasn't the WFT been trying to get a new stadium for a few years now? I seem to remember hearing a few years back they were contemplating a move to the VA suburbs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Hasn't the WFT been trying to get a new stadium for a few years now? I seem to remember hearing a few years back they were contemplating a move to the VA suburbs.
    Snyder has been trying very hard to get people in the area to pay for building his new stadium, yes. He's done fuck all himself to do it.

He should just sell the team so a better owner can do what he refuses to, which is to shell out himself for building a state of the art stadium in a reasonable location.

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Last I checked the NFC was over .500 versus the AFC… where does this “NFC is bad” narrative come from? Record is 5-5 over past 10.
    Convenient that you left out the 10 years before that, when the AFC won 7 out of 10. AFC is 13-7 in the 21st century.

And yes, the NFC dominated early of the post-merger years, but these things tend to be streaky depending on who the dynasty is. The 80s and 90s were NFC dominated because of teams like the 49ers, and the Cowboys.

And sorry, I think the Bills and Chiefs are better than everyone in the NFC except maybe a pissed-off Aaron Rodgers. NFC West was supposed to be the best division in football, turns out Seahawks and 49ers were both frauds. Turns out both the AFC West, South, and North have been more competitive. AFC may not have the better records, but that's because there's more good teams in the AFC. The Colts, who've running over people, might be a 7 seed.

Denver lost Brandon McManus and Sam Martin this week from covid. Chiefs might be up 50-0 after the 3rd quarter without McManus kicking 50+ yard FGs.

Going to be a good game for Tom McMahon to get fired after.

Convenient that you left out the 10 years before that, when the AFC won 7 out of 10. AFC is 13-7 in the 21st century.

And yes, the NFC dominated early of the post-merger years, but these things tend to be streaky depending on who the dynasty is. The 80s and 90s were NFC dominated because of teams like the 49ers, and the Cowboys.

And sorry, I think the Bills and Chiefs are better than everyone in the NFC except maybe a pissed-off Aaron Rodgers. NFC West was supposed to be the best division in football, turns out Seahawks and 49ers were both frauds. Turns out both the AFC West, South, and North have been more competitive. AFC may not have the better records, but that's because there's more good teams in the AFC. The Colts, who've running over people, might be a 7 seed.
    Looks like 13-9 to me, but whatever. That's all ancient history (and AFC should have actually won more they got upset a few times). It honestly looks very close - the NFC vs. AFC record is basically tied (NFC up by 1 game), and so is point differential (NFC up by 17). I don't see any evidence for your claims.

To look at a quantitative power rankings site, the Sagarin ratings have the best two teams from the AFC, but next 4 from NFC, then 2 AFC, then 2 NFC. It seems like a wash. NFC actually has 9 of the top 15 in that rating. And the NFC West has clearly been the best division in football, they have a point differential of +262, which is miles better than any other division (AFC west is at +79, AFC East at +121). Their cumulative record is 38-26, compared to 36-28 for the AFC West and the AFC east is .500, AFC North 1 game over .500. The idea that the AFC South, with a cumulative negative point differential, is more competitive than the NFC West is... let's just say a giant stretch.

538 has the NFC with a 54% chance, AFC with a 47% chance (1% off presumably due to rounding).

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...l-predictions/
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2022-01-04 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get the schedule this weekend at all. Why are the nationally televised games shit? 9ers Rams should for sure be in over Cowboys Eagles. That game has zero playoff implications.

By the way... why is there all this focus on the Giants as the target for Russell Wilson? The team has no cap space, and no talent. Why in the holy hell would he want to go there, and how would they get any better if they trade 3 first round picks for him?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I really don't get the schedule this weekend at all. Why are the nationally televised games shit? 9ers Rams should for sure be in over Cowboys Eagles. That game has zero playoff implications.
    Cowboys-Eagles will get better ratings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Cowboys-Eagles will get better ratings.
    No shit, its still a shit ass game.

No shit, its still a shit ass game.
    Not to derail the thread too much, but I would love to know how much of my cable bill goes to the NFL in the end. It’s a situation where they keep making more and more for the same product by raising the price and we don’t realize it because it is filtered through an intermediary (cable companies, who pay tv stations, who pay NFL). Hell, to me the product is worse because I hate night games, and when the Giants were good they were playing 1/3 of their games at night. Sunday afternoon is where it’s at.

It’s working exactly how a monopoly is supposed to - set a price at the point of maximum profit and limit supply.
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2022-01-04 at 01:01 AM.

Seems like a weird way to look at things when ~ half of those super bowl wins were just the patriots. Hardly says anything about the conference as a whole. Especially considering at least one contributing factor to the patriots success over that period was the enormous weakness in the rest of their division. For a lot of those years the Patriots/Colts and Patriots/Steelers games were a bigger deal than any division games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jags lost all four games to the NFC West but they beat the Bills.

- - - Updated - - -

And at least the Sunday night game is the right one.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodell on the Manningcast. I wonder how awkward it will get if someone has to get hauled off on a spine board. Something that happens weekly at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Theres my answer, as soon as someone got hurt he left early lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodell on the Manningcast. I wonder how awkward it will get if someone has to get hauled off on a spine board. Something that happens weekly at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Theres my answer, as soon as someone got hurt he left early lmao.
    Couldn't leave soon enough, you'd think with the $30+ mil they pay him he could have a better sound setup.

- - - Updated - - -

That was an ugly first half with an ugly finish.
    /s