Turns out Drew Lock just needs to run instead of try to throw for Denver's offense to score before garbage time with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cedrrick Willson is balling out. Will make the loss of Gallup to FA easier to handle.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a terrifying thought for a moment when the Broncos were up. If they won I could 100% have seen them deciding it's a sign the team has turned a corner and bring back Fangio and Lock for another year of mediocrity.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if we get another TD we need to pull our starters. At least pull Dak ffs.

- - - Updated - - -

and Dak now has the franchise record for most TDs in a season, passing Romo. and of Course Clement tosses the ball into the stands xD

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I had a terrifying thought for a moment when the Broncos were up. If they won I could 100% have seen them deciding it's a sign the team has turned a corner and bring back Fangio and Lock for another year of mediocrity.
    Other than not knowing what timeouts and challenges are actually for, I don't really have issues with Fangio as a coach (I don't like his defense, but it works). His choices of coordinators is a massive problem though. If they had a top 20 QB and someone better than Pat Shurmur calling plays (insanely low bar), they are a wildcard team. He probably needs to go in order to get someone halfway decent to call plays though.

I hope Lock is gone because the amount of people I have seen that think Drew Lock is good because he isn't turning the ball over now is crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    eyyyy, we now own the NFL record for most individuals to score a TD in a season! 22 different players

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Other than not knowing what timeouts and challenges are actually for, I don't really have issues with Fangio as a coach (I don't like his defense, but it works). His choices of coordinators is a massive problem though. If they had a top 20 QB and someone better than Pat Shurmur calling plays (insanely low bar), they are a wildcard team. He probably needs to go in order to get someone halfway decent to call plays though.

I hope Lock is gone because the amount of people I have seen that think Drew Lock is good because he isn't turning the ball over now is crazy.
    I don't have huge issues with Fangio either. That defense has been fine enough with him around.

It's their OC and Lock I take most of my issue with.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I really don't get the schedule this weekend at all. Why are the nationally televised games shit? 9ers Rams should for sure be in over Cowboys Eagles. That game has zero playoff implications.
    I agree. I'm an Eagles fan and I didn't even watch the second half.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I still don’t understand why Dallas(my team) is facing Philly in primetime this weekend. Aren’t both already in the playoffs?
    Yes.

This was a glorified pre-season game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Cousins has never been THE problem for the Vikings. For a while it was Cook's injuries, then it was their Defensive Regression, people just want to lay it on Cousins because he's always talked bigger than he plays even going back to his time in Washington (see: "YOU LIKE THAT").
    Cousins is a rare thing - a QB who has stats, but fails both the analytics test and eye test. Blake Bortles was this for a couple seasons too. His advanced metrics are bleh, rising to slightly above average the year he earned the 40m a year contract. And then he just doesn't pass the eye test - he doesn't have "it." He had one miracle play in the playoffs and I think that's the only playoff success he's had. He has no gumption to win, he isn't a leader, guys aren't gonna run through walls for him, etc. I normally don't put too much stock in the feely-feels, after all, I don't think Aaron Rodgers gets along well with everyone, but he's just uninspiring in everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1480147727522664448

Baker to stay in Cleveland, the Hydra doesn't return.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1480147727522664448

Baker to stay in Cleveland, the Hydra doesn't return.
    I figured he would. He needs to improve but the Browns have more than just a QB problem. Plus being somewhere in the middle of the draft, who are they going to take at QB? How many good QBs are out there itching to go to Cleveland?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    I figured he would. He needs to improve but the Browns have more than just a QB problem. Plus being somewhere in the middle of the draft, who are they going to take at QB? How many good QBs are out there itching to go to Cleveland?
    Plus this QB class is expected to be pretty weak.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another season where the nfc least still manages to send multiple teams to the postseason
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a move that surprises absolutely no one, the Broncos are moving on from Vic Fangio

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...01916634345472

Broncos kicking off Black Monday early with Fangio now gone.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Same day Dak broke Romo’s single-season mark for passing tds. And he only played 16 games, so people can’t say “but it was a 17 game season!”
    Yeah it was interesting to see how many people are still in line to play 16 because of COVID.
    /s

With how quick Paton fired Fangio, he probably made that decision a while ago. I'm going to assume he will be Jim Harbaugh's DC if he actually does come back to the NFL. I think he is just using NFL rumors to get a better contract from Michigan though.

Pat Shurmur was also fired, but that one was a given.

Same day Dak broke Romo’s single-season mark for passing tds. And he only played 16 games, so people can’t say “but it was a 17 game season!”
    Still was done in a 17 game season, just because he missed a game and only played 16 does not mean it is the same as doing it in a 16 game season.

If you’re comparing games started it’s the same. *shrug*
    Sure but that isn't how records work, no one will remember he did it in only 16 games played because it happened in a 17 game season, he got lucky his missed game happened in a 17 game season. If it would have happened last year he'd have only had 15 games played to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Records are records no sense bellyaching over the number of games it's gonna be happening more and more, better to get used to it.

I hadn't looked too carefully at today's schedule, the early slate of games is pretty gruesome.
    /s