The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, given the state that roster is in I doubt the Bucs are legit contenders. But it'll make for fun tweets about how the NFC South is gonna have Deshaun Watson, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, and Jameis Winston once the Panthers get that deal done.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Welp the NFC South isn't the weakest division this year. Bucs kind of have a free ride. I'm not high on the coaching staff for the Saints at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...53379018788865

Vikings keep making the same mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...53379018788865

Vikings keep making the same mistakes.
    Geeze figured they'd keep him for this year and move him next year if he bombs out and they're in QB territory in the draft.

But that no trade clause is nuts. That's basically saying he's our guy until he doesn't want to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as that "last Brady TD" football auctioned for $500k I had a bad feeling.

And the Vikings giving more money to Cousins reminds me of when the Jets gave Sanchez more money because they felt bad about pursuing Peyton.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Welp the NFC South isn't the weakest division this year. Bucs kind of have a free ride. I'm not high on the coaching staff for the Saints at all.
    This the NFL. No one has a free ride. Brady could get hurt or have a massive decline. Someone else in the division could pull a rabbit out of a hat. Someone could get a really strong strength of schedule.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    As soon as that "last Brady TD" football auctioned for $500k I had a bad feeling.

And the Vikings giving more money to Cousins reminds me of when the Jets gave Sanchez more money because they felt bad about pursuing Peyton.
    Oddly enough...It could be the last one. I doubt it as the stars would have to align just perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Falcons figured out how to get out of their cap troubles, the secret is to commit to Ryan for more years and have your top receiver suspended for a season. Brilliant.
    Gotta kick the can down the road somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Geeze figured they'd keep him for this year and move him next year if he bombs out and they're in QB territory in the draft.

But that no trade clause is nuts. That's basically saying he's our guy until he doesn't want to be.
    Yep, Seahawks should just take which ever QB they like most this draft. Gonna be too many teams fighting over them next year. Though rumors are they are indeed getting ready to sell the team. So they could just take a longsnapper with their first pick at this rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    My narrative on Tom Brady un-retiring: "Tom Brady is not a family man."
    The two pictures in that tweet do seem to tell that story: Brady with his O-line and his family walking away from him.

Not pictured? The dump truck of money backing up to his front yard.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Not pictured? The dump truck of money backing up to his front yard.
    I think unlike most players we can for sure say it is not about the money with Brady. He and his wife have more money than some NFL owners by this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think unlike most players we can for sure say it is not about the money with Brady. He and his wife have more money than some NFL owners by this point.
    Well, Gisele is worth more than Tom is, so that might be a factor.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Well, Gisele is worth more than Tom is, so that might be a factor.
    Tom's gonna have to play a LOT longer to surpass her earnings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom's gonna have to play a LOT longer to surpass her earnings.
    I was gonna say that, but... I doubt Gisele is making what she used to. Tom, on the other hand, will have endorsement deals long after he stops playing.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yep, Seahawks should just take which ever QB they like most this draft. Gonna be too many teams fighting over them next year. Though rumors are they are indeed getting ready to sell the team. So they could just take a longsnapper with their first pick at this rate.
    I mean Seahawks are in a spot where I think they can wait until next year. I think a lot of these teams that aren't "it's a housecleaning if they don't find a QB now" should do that.

It's why I expect Colts will land Jimmy G and Panthers will land Watson. Everyone else can afford to wait for next year's crop. Those two teams look like "if they strike out on QB again it's a housecleaning."

10+ Year Old Account
    I was late to the Tom Brady un-retiring news, but this, this is FAR more like I imagained Brady's retirement would go then the picture perfect, stepping out on top while still competing for MVPs and scaring the shit out of the eventual Super Bowl champs, ending that Brady seemed to have taken.

The guy has been ultra competitive in everything his whole adult life, and I just don't think he has it in him to not go till something stops him from going, whether it be physical or his wife kicking him out of the house if he doesn't stop for real. And when something like that happens I fully expect him to get stir crazy in his years after he stops. I don't think Brady can live life without being competitive in something. And I worry that nothing will seem right as much as being a football player did for him.

It could also be that he's still seething that Schefter ruined his initial retirement announcement, and that he's putting the big 2 middle fingers up for every media outlet that went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It could also be that he's still seething that Schefter ruined his initial retirement announcement, and that he's putting the big 2 middle fingers up for every media outlet that went with it.
    It was probably his wife wanted him to retire, but he was too annoying to be around constantly so she gave in.

I was gonna say that, but... I doubt Gisele is making what she used to. Tom, on the other hand, will have endorsement deals long after he stops playing.
    Gisele still makes more on makeup and fashion endorsements than Tom would sniff in a couple years, even if she's not exactly walking the runway any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    My narrative on Tom Brady un-retiring: "Tom Brady is not a family man."
    So, what you're saying is dude needs to play more Street Fighter 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, what you're saying is dude needs to play more Street Fighter 2.
    I am so glad someone made that reference as soon as I read Esch's comment.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1503339748915650560

Adams won't play for Green Bay on the franchise tag.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Green Bay cap situation is a disaster with him on the tag anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Because of the lockout MLB and NFL free agency is happening at the same time and I'm in rumor overload.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    It's that time of year again for the new thread, juuuuuust in time for the Legal Tampering period. Thanks everyone for the good times!

The new thread can be found here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...23-NFL-Thread?