Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Jaguars and Jets are going to make out of this draft like bandits.

And the Texans may as well have had a 1st round pick.

Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    They shoulda drafted another QB since Rodgers is done and they whiffed on Love! /s
    Nah they'd have to trade up to draft a QB. /s
    Fire Kotick, Fire Brack, Fire Ion.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

You guys are in a good spot anyways, a team on the rise so you get to be a bit more fast and loose with picks, I felt like the Saints are doing that in 2021 thinking it is still 2020.
    Yeah, Rousseau I think is seen as highest ceiling/rawest talent. After Josh Allen, I'm guessing Beane/McDermott are feeling good about developing him.

We're losing most of our line in the next few years, so it makes sense from a certain sense, but I'd have put Ojulari in over Rousseau.

Sure wasn't many trades this draft, that surprised me.

Sure wasn't many trades this draft, that surprised me.
    Honestly I think the two big pre-draft trades really froze the market.

The hauls given up for Matt Stafford and the #3 pick basically priced most movement out of the market.

The Rodgers news might have also froze some movement with teams that might have moved up instead saying "we're going to hold our capital and see if a Rodgers trade develops."

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly I think the two big pre-draft trades really froze the market.

The hauls given up for Matt Stafford and the #3 pick basically priced most movement out of the market.

The Rodgers news might have also froze some movement with teams that might have moved up instead saying "we're going to hold our capital and see if a Rodgers trade develops."
    Yeah and there was again not a lot of ability to scout college players this year with covid, so likely Teams focused on certain players they felt comfortable with.

With the amount of talent that fell into the 2nd, there's gonna be a good number of early trades tomorrow.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

There's also the fact that teams are apparently guarding their picks for next year like they are made of pure gold. Teams are banking on a LOT of players that decided to go back to school to make the talent pool next year super deep.

There's usually like 1500 players or so leaving school and signing up to be drafted and this year there were only some 700.

So I think there might be trades tomorrow, but almost no teams are going to give up 2022 draft capital. Too valuable.

(unless you are the Bears and are absolutely desperate to save your jobs, then you give it all up for Justin Fields and pray he bails you out this year and extends your job for one mroe off season at least)

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    There's also the fact that teams are apparently guarding their picks for next year like they are made of pure gold. Teams are banking on a LOT of players that decided to go back to school to make the talent pool next year super deep.

There's usually like 1500 players or so leaving school and signing up to be drafted and this year there were only some 700.

So I think there might be trades tomorrow, but almost no teams are going to give up 2022 draft capital. Too valuable.

(unless you are the Bears and are absolutely desperate to save your jobs, then you give it all up for Justin Fields and pray he bails you out this year and extends your job for one mroe off season at least)
    The trades that'll happen will likely be tradeups within the round with a later round pick to compensate.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Idk why the Jags picked another RB when they have Allen Robinson...

So with the relaxed jersey rules how many rookies are wearing #1? I swear I've seen like 5 of them so far this year.

I don't like it.

Going to be a loooong next 4-5 weeks for Packers and Broncos fans. The Rodgers thing will be getting ran over by dump trucks for a while before it actually dies.

So with the relaxed jersey rules how many rookies are wearing #1? I swear I've seen like 5 of them so far this year.

I don't like it.
    #1 is the number they use for post-draft pictures and stuff for 1st round picks. They won't have their actual numbers until later.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Idk why the Jags picked another RB when they have Allen Robinson...
    Seems they felt like Etienne could be used as a Wide Out as much as an RB. He had 4,952 rushing yards, 1,155 receiving yards, and 78 total touchdowns in the four years he was with Clemson. Plus he already has chemistry with Lawerence. At least that is what the interviews have said.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like it.
    I'm more annoyed by the "I was secretly hoping that team XYZ would draft me" lines everyone is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Going to be a loooong next 4-5 weeks for Packers and Broncos fans. The Rodgers thing will be getting ran over by dump trucks for a while before it actually dies.

#1 is the number they use for post-draft pictures and stuff for 1st round picks. They won't have their actual numbers until later.
    Nah some teams are rolling out actual jersey numbers now. I know the Bengals WR getting #1 was what prompted my statement.

Nah some teams are rolling out actual jersey numbers now. I know the Bengals WR getting #1 was what prompted my statement.
    I see that now, a TE wearing 8 is going to take some getting used to. RBs and WRs wear single digits in preseason anyway, so those won't be that strange.

HERE WE GO!

Hoping the Patriots move around the board a ton and maybe pick up extra picks for next year and also come away with a WR or a Corner or a OT today.

Taking a corner when they have 3 good ones already at 9 with 2 trash can QBs, then trading up for a running back in the 2nd.

Can the Vikings take back George Paton?

Taking a corner when they have 3 good ones already at 9 with 2 trash can QBs, then trading up for a running back in the 2nd.

Can the Vikings take back George Paton?
    There's no QBs worth taking this high in the 2nd anyway. Frankly those top 5 are the only ones I'd be interested in.

Honestly they feel like a team saying "We're just going to screw over our coach, fire him, and address QB next year."

- - - Updated - - -

BREAKING! The Raiders actually didn't reach for once.

BREAKING! The Raiders actually didn't reach for once.
    Just when it seemed like up was down and left was right, the Cowboys drafted a guy with character concerns and normalcy was restored.
    /s

I see that now, a TE wearing 8 is going to take some getting used to. RBs and WRs wear single digits in preseason anyway, so those won't be that strange.
    Been that way in college for a while now. Too bad if Brady doesn't like it.

Will be cool to see IMHO.

Ugh, can we stop with the HOFers pontificating already.

There's no QBs worth taking this high in the 2nd anyway. Frankly those top 5 are the only ones I'd be interested in.

Honestly they feel like a team saying "We're just going to screw over our coach, fire him, and address QB next year."
    Not taking a QB was referring to Jones/Fields.