10+ Year Old Account
    There's also the fact that teams are apparently guarding their picks for next year like they are made of pure gold. Teams are banking on a LOT of players that decided to go back to school to make the talent pool next year super deep.

There's usually like 1500 players or so leaving school and signing up to be drafted and this year there were only some 700.

So I think there might be trades tomorrow, but almost no teams are going to give up 2022 draft capital. Too valuable.

(unless you are the Bears and are absolutely desperate to save your jobs, then you give it all up for Justin Fields and pray he bails you out this year and extends your job for one mroe off season at least)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    There's also the fact that teams are apparently guarding their picks for next year like they are made of pure gold. Teams are banking on a LOT of players that decided to go back to school to make the talent pool next year super deep.

There's usually like 1500 players or so leaving school and signing up to be drafted and this year there were only some 700.

So I think there might be trades tomorrow, but almost no teams are going to give up 2022 draft capital. Too valuable.

(unless you are the Bears and are absolutely desperate to save your jobs, then you give it all up for Justin Fields and pray he bails you out this year and extends your job for one mroe off season at least)
    The trades that'll happen will likely be tradeups within the round with a later round pick to compensate.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Idk why the Jags picked another RB when they have Allen Robinson...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So with the relaxed jersey rules how many rookies are wearing #1? I swear I've seen like 5 of them so far this year.

I don't like it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Going to be a loooong next 4-5 weeks for Packers and Broncos fans. The Rodgers thing will be getting ran over by dump trucks for a while before it actually dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So with the relaxed jersey rules how many rookies are wearing #1? I swear I've seen like 5 of them so far this year.

I don't like it.
    #1 is the number they use for post-draft pictures and stuff for 1st round picks. They won't have their actual numbers until later.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Idk why the Jags picked another RB when they have Allen Robinson...
    Seems they felt like Etienne could be used as a Wide Out as much as an RB. He had 4,952 rushing yards, 1,155 receiving yards, and 78 total touchdowns in the four years he was with Clemson. Plus he already has chemistry with Lawerence. At least that is what the interviews have said.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like it.
    I'm more annoyed by the "I was secretly hoping that team XYZ would draft me" lines everyone is saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Going to be a loooong next 4-5 weeks for Packers and Broncos fans. The Rodgers thing will be getting ran over by dump trucks for a while before it actually dies.

#1 is the number they use for post-draft pictures and stuff for 1st round picks. They won't have their actual numbers until later.
    Nah some teams are rolling out actual jersey numbers now. I know the Bengals WR getting #1 was what prompted my statement.

Nah some teams are rolling out actual jersey numbers now. I know the Bengals WR getting #1 was what prompted my statement.
    I see that now, a TE wearing 8 is going to take some getting used to. RBs and WRs wear single digits in preseason anyway, so those won't be that strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    HERE WE GO!

Hoping the Patriots move around the board a ton and maybe pick up extra picks for next year and also come away with a WR or a Corner or a OT today.

Taking a corner when they have 3 good ones already at 9 with 2 trash can QBs, then trading up for a running back in the 2nd.

Can the Vikings take back George Paton?

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking a corner when they have 3 good ones already at 9 with 2 trash can QBs, then trading up for a running back in the 2nd.

Can the Vikings take back George Paton?
    There's no QBs worth taking this high in the 2nd anyway. Frankly those top 5 are the only ones I'd be interested in.

Honestly they feel like a team saying "We're just going to screw over our coach, fire him, and address QB next year."

- - - Updated - - -

BREAKING! The Raiders actually didn't reach for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    BREAKING! The Raiders actually didn't reach for once.
    Just when it seemed like up was down and left was right, the Cowboys drafted a guy with character concerns and normalcy was restored.
    /s

I see that now, a TE wearing 8 is going to take some getting used to. RBs and WRs wear single digits in preseason anyway, so those won't be that strange.
    Been that way in college for a while now. Too bad if Brady doesn't like it.

Will be cool to see IMHO.

Ugh, can we stop with the HOFers pontificating already.

There's no QBs worth taking this high in the 2nd anyway. Frankly those top 5 are the only ones I'd be interested in.

Honestly they feel like a team saying "We're just going to screw over our coach, fire him, and address QB next year."
    Not taking a QB was referring to Jones/Fields.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're at about the point where I wouldn't mind if the Packers traded up for the ND ILB.

They sure are pushing Fields hard as the next best thing out there on the NFL network.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're going full out 90's Cowboys character concerns, I hope they have the 90's talent lol.

Also, after having a shitty golf teacher / coach in HS, I can say some coaches do deserve it.

I feel like the Panthers do not want to pick in the 2nd round and just keep amassing picks in later rounds for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp.

Browns deserved him after that dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't sold on Barmore as a 1st rounder at 15 (should it have come to that) but early day 2 is MUCH nicer.

Patriots have not had much luck with highly drafted DT's lately, but maybe Barmore bucks the trend. We could definitely use it.