Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't want to dump on Josh Rosen too much, he's gotten plenty of that already, but I just noticed of the top 18 picks in the 2018 draft, 17 of them had their 5th year option picked up with Rosen being the only exception.

- - - Updated - - -

NFL is getting meddlesome in relations between teams and players. They encouraged ownership not to pay players if they got injured training off-site, while also chastising the idea of releasing a player for not being vaccinated.

"Don't force the vaccine on anybody, but do force the unvaccinated players to gather at team facilities or they risk losing millions." is the sort of mixed messaging I expect from 2020, not 2021.
    /s

Normally I would be on the player's side for getting screwed (teams usually still pay players in this situation) if they get hurt working out off-site, but Ja'Wuan James deserves nothing. If he wanted his contract to be honored, maybe he shouldn't have sat out most of 2019 after being cleared by doctors.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I don't want to dump on Josh Rosen too much, he's gotten plenty of that already, but I just noticed of the top 18 picks in the 2018 draft, 17 of them had their 5th year option picked up with Rosen being the only exception.

- - - Updated - - -

NFL is getting meddlesome in relations between teams and players. They encouraged ownership not to pay players if they got injured training off-site, while also chastising the idea of releasing a player for not being vaccinated.

"Don't force the vaccine on anybody, but do force the unvaccinated players to gather at team facilities or they risk losing millions." is the sort of mixed messaging I expect from 2020, not 2021.
    I mean let's be honest the NFL probably wants to mandate vaccines for all players but knows what'll happen on Twitter if they do. Hence the mixed messages.
    Fire Kotick, Fire Brack, Fire Ion.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Normally I would be on the player's side for getting screwed (teams usually still pay players in this situation) if they get hurt working out off-site, but Ja'Wuan James deserves nothing. If he wanted his contract to be honored, maybe he shouldn't have sat out most of 2019 after being cleared by doctors.
    The Broncos can do what they need to do, on a case by case basis it could make sense to use the loophole to not pay, I just don't like the league office weighing and sending out a memo that can only be construed as opportunistically using the Jones injury to leverage players onto team facilities
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean let's be honest the NFL probably wants to mandate vaccines for all players but knows what'll happen on Twitter if they do. Hence the mixed messages.
    Aren’t those people still mad and protesting over kneeling and BLM stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

They'll always find something to be mad over, there just comes a point where you stop caring about their faux outrage and just do the right thing.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    They'll always find something to be mad over, there just comes a point where you stop caring about their faux outrage and just do the right thing.
    Is EPL going to mandate vaccines?

I figured out why the Jags thought hiring Urban Meyer was a good idea. They knew he would bring back Tebow and get his batshit insane followers to make them money.

Denver is rumored (hopefully true) to have no MNF or SNF games this year. Guess the league doesn't want to put whatever Denver's QB trash pile is in primetime anymore.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-05-12 at 06:10 PM.

Season MNF opener, another MNF and SNF game, Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys, Halloween bye week and the season closer at home to LA?

I actually really love this schedule.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Giants, Jags, Jets are first 3 games. Good measuring stick to see how completely dogshit the offense is.

5 of the last 7 are divisional games and only 1 of first 10. That seems a little lopsided.

Apparently now schedule unveils are the new hotness the past few years. Chargers one had me laughing pretty good, especially the Texans slide.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...21_powerpoint/

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Apparently now schedule unveils are the new hotness the past few years. Chargers one had me laughing pretty good, especially the Texans slide.

It was enjoyable. I would say it did 3 things

1. Tickled my funny bone
    2. Tugged on my heart strings
    3. Blew my mind

- - - Updated - - -

In an interview Teddy Bridgewater complained that the Panthers spent an inadequate amount of practice time on red zone and 2-minute offense. Teddy was bad in both of those situations last year, new arrival Sam Darnold was even worse.
    /s

Their slides for the Browns and Broncos were good too. Not including Elway in the horse monuments was a little disappointing though.

It was enjoyable. I would say it did 3 things

1. Tickled my funny bone
    2. Tugged on my heart strings
    3. Blew my mind
    So you liked that?

In an interview Teddy Bridgewater complained that the Panthers spent an inadequate amount of practice time on red zone and 2-minute offense. Teddy was bad in both of those situations last year, new arrival Sam Darnold was even worse.
    Good news for him, his new team has been one of the worst red zone offenses in the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Good news for him, his new team has been one of the worst red zone offenses in the last 5 years.
    Everything's coming up Milhouse!
    /s

Jerry's post malone schedule release was hilarious. I*mma miss Jerry when he goes tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

I...what. The funniest thing was the chargers thinking their jersey were anything but trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Well Jawaun James is now cut so you were right about him never taking a snap for the Broncos, Grube.
    Fire Kotick, Fire Brack, Fire Ion.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well Jawaun James is now cut so you were right about him never taking a snap for the Broncos, Grube.
    Most fitting thing I saw to describe this, end of an error.

DeaSean Hamilton was going to be traded to the 49ers, but he tore his ACL before it was official. Hopefully it turns out differently for him, he has been kind of screwed so far. Really good blocker, has to play with terrible QBs with awful playcallers, then gets hurt before he gets to go to an offense that would git his skill set much better.

Lets go Cowboys!

Man it's probably going to be another one of those 8-9 / 9-8 seasons isn't it...

At least we got a CB that can drop us a rap album.

Bradley Chubb had surgery on his ankle. Picking him over Quenton Nelson looked stupid at the time, it is going to loot very bad when he doesn't get a second contract and is hurt half of his rookie deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Lets go Cowboys!

Man it's probably going to be another one of those 8-9 / 9-8 seasons isn't it...

At least we got a CB that can drop us a rap album.
    At least they will score 40 points a game while finishing 8-9.