Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I mean, it's week 1 so overreactions ahoy, but I thought both teams looked pretty damn good.
    Not over-reacting to anything, it is more along the lines of people assuming a perfect season before the season even started. They are a really good team, no doubt, but they aren't going undefeated.

I mean, it's week 1 so overreactions ahoy, but I thought both teams looked pretty damn good.

Tampa has a problem at corner though, that's for sure. Cowboys abused them, but then what other team has Cooper AND CD Lamb AND Gallup quality recievers?

Much depends on how serious the injury is to that guy that left in the 1st Q, for Tampa.
    The Bills do.

SEE YOU IN FEBRUARY THOMAS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im so happy that gronk looked a little bit more like pre 2018 gronk, 8 for 8 for 90y and 2 touchdowns ������

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Dallas loses due to shitty kicking.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly PI, but that’s football.
    I find it to be quite 50/50 as both of them where handsy, i understand why they didnt call it because it wasnt a clear push and the defender was very eager to flop backwards.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    I find it to be quite 50/50 as both of them where handsy, i understand why they didnt call it because it wasnt a clear push and the defender was very eager to flop backwards.
    Also from other angles the defender was already falling when any "extension" occured. It would have been a bad OPI call considering all the hand fighting that WRs had been doing all game, so to call it there would have been silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Also from other angles the defender was already falling when any "extension" occured. It would have been a bad OPI call considering all the hand fighting that WRs had been doing all game, so to call it there would have been silly.
    *twitches in NFCC packer*
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The defender was going to ground way too easily before the push off occurred.

Fair no call, hate to see them against you, but you'd be pissed if that got called on you.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just partly rewatched the game but damn gronk had a amazing one handed reception which i totaly missed during the game.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Who was predicting a perfect season for Tampa?
    There were a few studio types saying "This team didn't lose anybody in the offseason and adds draft picks, so they should absolutely be favorites every week."

Which, I mean, A) Studio Types probably just wanted controversey engagements, and B) People seem to forget that Tom Brady hasn't been Mr. World Beater for a while and honestly didn't deserve that MVP award either.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    People seem to forget that Tom Brady hasn't been Mr. World Beater for a while
    Go watch the second TD to Gronk from that game. That is ALL Brady, from setting the protection, to just before the snap telling Gronk what the play for him was going to be, to executing it perfectly while under all out pressure.

There's no other QB in the entire league that would have AND seen this play coming AND audibled to a play this perfect in this situation AND executed on it. Not one.

There's maybe 2 or 3 that might have been able to scramble and gotten someone on a broken play, but this Brady play was all brains and was going to work 100% of the time if executed, not some scramble prayer.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...61352201080832

Worth following ^ Orlovsky in general, great breakdowns of plays and not bad as a color commentator either, which he does for CFB Games.

There's no other QB in the entire league that would have AND seen this play coming AND audibled to a play this perfect in this situation AND executed on it. Not one.
    Okay let's settle down, that is a bit of an exaggeration right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Okay let's settle down, that is a bit of an exaggeration right there.
    Brees would have, but he retired.

Rodgers, Mahomes and Wilson would flee the pocket and look for something. Lamar Jackson might be able to, not on recognition, but just cause he;s so damn fast and agile, he;d have the best chance to elude the rush long enough.

Rodgers might be able to, but I don't think he would. He would just roll out and try to find something, cause its cover zero so there's GOT to be someone open at some point.

But I see no one do what Brady did, which is make the guaranteed and least risky play.

Pull up a list of 2021 starting QBs. Tell me who you think would be able to pull this off. The insight into what's coming, the lightning quick adjustment with Gronk and the execution.

I really don't think there is anyone. Not anymore. Dying breed of QBs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brees would have, but he retired.
    Yes, depriving me of my usual retort.

I don't see enough of other QBs to know their capabilities the same way I knew what Drew could do.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the main "problem" is that most of the QBs in the league who have the potential are still so young. They haven't had the time to see litterally every blitz and every disguise like Brady/Brees/Manning did.

Rodgers has, but he's always relied on buying time and letting things develop. Same thing for Wilson and Mahomes. It's not bad, but it relies somewhat on chance and on your receivers being smart enough to do what needs to be done without any pointers.

I seriously hope that the young guard develops their mentals to the point that Brady/Brees/Manning did, cause the league is much more fun for it if they do.

Mac Jones, if he is for real and can develop over time, will basically HAVE to take the Brady/Brees/Manning path, but there's not many young QBs like that. Daniel Jones, I guess? Giants starter. But, still to be decided if he's actually for real or more a big city Andy Dalton. Joe Burrow, probably in that same category. But also very unknown still.

While mobile QBs in the Rodgers/Wilson mold there's tons. We just have to hope that given time they develop their mentals as they grow older and less mobile. Otherwise this unprecedented youth movement at QB will come crashing down with injuries in a few years.

I'd prefer these QBs to develop instead of ending up in a system where QBs start having shorter shelf lives and just get replaced when they burn up, like Cam Newton was.

For now, future at QB looks amazing and FAR more plentiful than in the past 10 years. We'll see how it moves on from here.

Man, I need to be up at 6 AM to get to the stadium....and I can't sleep.

P.S. Tom Brady sucks. I don't care what he did on one pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

But he threw a TD to a receiver being covered by a D Lineman, how can you not be amazed?
    /s

Ok. Who was predicting a perfect season for Tampa?
    Would be bad for the NFL if they do.....

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

As a Bills fan you should know how anything Tom Brady makes pats fans jerk off.

- - - Updated - - -

I should be really excited for the Bills opener, which will actually be locally broadcast today, but instead have an overwhelming sense of "meh". Things are on the up and up and my give-a-shitter is broken. Maybe covid has drained all my serotonin, lol.

Anyway, facing a early season, non broken down Big Ben should be a tough matchup for Buffalo. I expect a good game.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the NFL, DeVonta Smith.

His first play ever was a TD reception.

Glad to see Urban Meyer is off to such a good start, he deserves it.

I know the Texans secondary is basically non existent, but having 11 pass and 1 runs in the 1st quarter with a rookie QB against what should be the worst team this year is an interesting move.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only good thing to come of this Watson massage debacle is that Taylor has a starting QB job again. He lost his last job in such a ridiculous way I'm happy to see him get another chance.
    /s