Miami was better off staying at home today than what was put on the field. Think the calls for Watson get a bit louder today.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I really don't understand the Trevor Lawrence hype. He didn't look good at all in the 2 games I saw him play in college and he looked awful today. He kept throwing into double coverage and was missing receivers. Even his TD pass was almost tipped despite Marvin Jones burning Kyle Fuller, if that pass was accurate it wouldn't have even been close.

Also over 20 interception in the early games, that seems a little high.
    The guy has his wow throws, had one highlight that made the round of his first TD today that looked great.

But yeah he seems to have no fear and that's gonna burn him a lot especially early on as he learns what's a makeable throw for the Jaguars VS Clemson.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IsolatedIncident View Post
    Miami was better off staying at home today than what was put on the field. Think the calls for Watson get a bit louder today.
    Same for the Texans if Taylor has to miss any time.

Which means we might see him dealt soon. Dolphins may have a need now, Texans just want their fans to shut up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IsolatedIncident View Post
    If hes looking for a massage in Florida he should hit up Kraft for some recommendations.

Also...
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This league needs better olinemen.
    My conclusion too. College lineman are trash and not being developed for professional play, and getting a good OLine seems like a magical spell or concoction.

Weirdest 35-0 win ever. We still looked flat on offense and still put up 35 on the Dolphins.

But our defense man - they might be the real thing. 6 sacks and knocked Tua out of the game.

Guess the Cardinal's defense remembered who their coach was this week.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    My conclusion too. College lineman are trash and not being developed for professional play, and getting a good OLine seems like a magical spell or concoction.
    You see it with running backs and TEs too, a lot of them are very bad and just look lost in pass protection. Most schools don't run an offense that asks them to do any adjusting at the line, and they play against vanilla (or in some conferences, basically non existent) defenses. They have to completely relearn how to play when coming from those schools.

15+ Year Old Account
    Herberts red zone accuracy is terrible. It might just be his accuracy as a whole but in the red zone it’s more noticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    They have to completely relearn how to play when coming from those schools.
    And that's why teams like Alabama get even their minor talent drafted into the NFL. Those guys at least get taught how to play.

The problem is that teams that run pro style offenses and defenses have a harder path to getting actual production on the field than teams that steer almost everything from the sidelines and simplify things to 1 or 2 decisions for every player on a given play.

And as you can see with the Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC thing, College ball is fucking MONEY driven, just as much as the NFL is. So Colleges demand production, and college coaches give them what they want. Even if that's not good pro football.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the Chargers lose as time expires having hoarded their timeouts instead of using them.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Greg the Leg redemption!

Only scoring 17 points and losing when never punting seems like something the Chargers would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Missed the game, but from what I read it's nice having a defence.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic game tonight.
    /s

Just as everyone predicted, the Raiders and Broncos are leading the AFCW.

After seeing some of the penalty calls in other games, the refs may have had an even worse weekend than the Dolphins, Saints and Jets combined.

1 and 2 seeds in the AFC right now are the Raiders and the Broncos. LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    AFC is going to be fun this year. Chiefs feel less certain than the last few years, Browns, Bills, and Ravens feel right there with them, and the rest of the AFC West all feel like frisky wild cards.

15+ Year Old Account
    I also dont agree with media people saying the afc runs through arrowhead. In back to back weeks 2 afc contenders showed that they can beat the chiefs and yes the browns didnt but they should have because they had them by the throat.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Josey Jewell tore his pec and is out of the season. He was playing lights out and he was having to play special teams as a starter because of how garbage the coverage units are (much more on coaching than the players, but he is very, very good on ST).

That is 2 starters missing a decent amount of time on each side of the ball already.

Looks like the Jameis Winston hype machine got off to a false start. I don't know why people expect great things from him this year. His vision may not be an issue anymore, but his poor decision making still is, and that's going to be much more difficult to fix than his eyes.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing how losing a pass rusher and two O-Linemen can completely turn the packers from Super Bowl contenders to Losing to the Lions.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the lions beat the packers in their first game with the new coach he gets an immediate 5 year grace period with the fans and can get blown by every guy in Michigan. Probably a couple women, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.