1. #1101
    I can't wait for the Bears/Vikings games. Offense that doesn't function vs a defense that can't stop anything.

    KJ Hamler hurt now. 2 WRs down after 2.5 games. Almost Kendall Hinton's time to shine.

  2. #1102
    Yay for Buffalo!
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

  3. #1103
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,134
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Yay for Buffalo!
    Buffalo is winning the AFC east by default this year.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  4. #1104
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17,403
    Weird day for kickers, so many missed kicks and yet Tucker broke the record in dramatic fashion.
    /s

  5. #1105
    Scarab Lord Vestig3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands, Amsterdam
    Posts
    4,605
    Tbh i dont think that if the bucs loose its that bad, with their defense being depleted atm and it being early in the season i think some good can come out of it.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog


  6. #1106
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17,403
    Apparently Andy Reid left the stadium in an ambulance after feeling ill during the game. Hopefully its just abundant caution and he'll be OK.
    /s

  7. #1107
    I didn't know Desean Jackson was still playing.

    Denver has also lost both starting guards. The interior o-line has been so bad, not sure if that is a bad thing or not.

  8. #1108
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Weird day for kickers, so many missed kicks and yet Tucker broke the record in dramatic fashion.
    The first angle they were showing almost made it look like it bounced off the goal line. Such a crazy kick.

  9. #1109
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    26,347
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Weird day for kickers, so many missed kicks and yet Tucker broke the record in dramatic fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The first angle they were showing almost made it look like it bounced off the goal line. Such a crazy kick.
    And yet kickers are still held to impossible standards to get recognized in the Hall of Fame. You have to be a true generational outlier to be even considered.

    Of the current and recent Kickers only Venatieri and Tucker are being considered, and even Tucker probably needs to continue kicking at a high level for many more years to keep his good name.

    Cause that's the shitty thing. Regular players can get worse when they get older or have an off year and still bounce back without issue. As a kicker one bad year means you are looking for a new job and forget being considered for the HoF at that point. You need to be perfect and have a long career.

    But, maybe we finally see a change in how things are perceived. Maybe after we now finally see Safeties making it into the Hall again that we can start letting Kickers in too. God forbid we might even reach a point where we start considering Punters.

  10. #1110
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    And yet kickers are still held to impossible standards to get recognized in the Hall of Fame. You have to be a true generational outlier to be even considered.

    Of the current and recent Kickers only Venatieri and Tucker are being considered, and even Tucker probably needs to continue kicking at a high level for many more years to keep his good name.

    Cause that's the shitty thing. Regular players can get worse when they get older or have an off year and still bounce back without issue. As a kicker one bad year means you are looking for a new job and forget being considered for the HoF at that point. You need to be perfect and have a long career.

    But, maybe we finally see a change in how things are perceived. Maybe after we now finally see Safeties making it into the Hall again that we can start letting Kickers in too. God forbid we might even reach a point where we start considering Punters.
    Yeah, one reason I hate their HOF is the lack of position diversity.

  11. #1111
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    14,042
    Justin Tucker's FG was longer than the total number of yards managed by the Bears offence.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  12. #1112
    Well it looks like the Seahawks defense is a MAJOR liability this year. Minnesota only punted once today (when it mattered).
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  13. #1113
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17,403
    Kinda disappointed that beautiful 14-5 scored ended up a boring 31-28.
    /s

  14. #1114
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    14,042
    Raiders have won both home games in overtime on their second possession this season.

    Vegas is putting on a show.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The last time the Raiders were 3-0, I just started my first year of college. I just bought a Gamecube and owned a Jerry Rice jersey.

    That was more than half a life time ago.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  15. #1115
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Raiders have won both home games in overtime on their second possession this season.

    Vegas is putting on a show.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The last time the Raiders were 3-0, I just started my first year of college. I just bought a Gamecube and owned a Jerry Rice jersey.

    That was more than half a life time ago.
    Janikowski

  16. #1116
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    14,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Janikowski
    I didn't own his jersey till 2004.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  17. #1117
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I didn't own his jersey till 2004.
    I remember my buddy Danny banking in his leg in Madden vs me playing the Rams back then hehe.

  18. #1118
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    14,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I remember my buddy Danny banking in his leg in Madden vs me playing the Rams back then hehe.
    He was a cheat code on Madden '03, the one with Faulk on the cover.

    The soundtrack in that game was a belter too.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  19. #1119
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    17,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Raiders have won both home games in overtime on their second possession this season.

    Vegas is putting on a show.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The last time the Raiders were 3-0, I just started my first year of college. I just bought a Gamecube and owned a Jerry Rice jersey.

    That was more than half a life time ago.
    I was more of a Tim Brown fan.
    /s

  20. #1120
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    He was a cheat code on Madden '03, the one with Faulk on the cover.

    The soundtrack in that game was a belter too.
    Yeah, but so was Faulk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •