Play by play guys were for giving audio listeners a way to understand what was happening. I never really understood the point of having them on video broadcasts. I mute almost every football and baseball game I watch because I find the announcers annoying most of the time. If this is takes off and becomes the new way of doing NFL broadcasts, I'm all for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    If this is takes off and becomes the new way of doing NFL broadcasts, I'm all for it.
    Orrrrrrr, even better, give us broadcasts with just game sounds and crowd noise. It always annoys me when I have to mute a game because of the dumb commentary, that I also lose the sound of the actual game going on and the crowd noise.

Should be the easiest thing there is to provide by channels and they never have for some weird reason.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Play by play guys were for giving audio listeners a way to understand what was happening. I never really understood the point of having them on video broadcasts. I mute almost every football and baseball game I watch because I find the announcers annoying most of the time. If this is takes off and becomes the new way of doing NFL broadcasts, I'm all for it.
    Eh this is a bit too far the other way IMO. I'd be fine with seeing two color guys in the booth, but not this pseudo-talk show setup.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Denver is using a roster spot for Brett Rypien now after another team wanted to sign him off the practice squad. Would be nice if that team also has interest in a different Broncos QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever said Collins was going to be released, you were right.

Now watch him sign with the Patriots for the vet minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Whoever said Collins was going to be released, you were right.

Now watch him sign with the Patriots for the vet minimum.
    I did. And I somehow doubt it. Patriots don't really have a need at Linebacker. IF anything that position group is already crowded, with Chase Winovich not getting much run even though his metrics are pretty good for his limited playtime.

I'm thinking Collins just waits for a contender to lose a Linebacker for the season and then signs there, much like Richard Sherman waited all this time to now probably sign with the Bucs cause they have injuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the ex-pats out there might scoop him up.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Orrrrrrr, even better, give us broadcasts with just game sounds and crowd noise. It always annoys me when I have to mute a game because of the dumb commentary, that I also lose the sound of the actual game going on and the crowd noise.

Should be the easiest thing there is to provide by channels and they never have for some weird reason.
    We'll get that the same time they let us pick what market we want to get games in....=(

10+ Year Old Account
    Jets top safety is going to IR.

I mean this team wasn't going to be good either way but holy shit they are just being decimated with injuries this year. Sucks because as a team rebuilding you want to see what these guys can do, for trade value if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I know it’s only the halftime entertainment, but this caught my eye.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...kendrick-lamar
    Came here to post this. Pretty good lineup. Kendrick keeps it pretty relevant, though I wish they'd have gambled on a lesser known name like Joyner Lucas or someone, instead of trotting out Snoop/Dre/Mary. Yeah, they have great hits - all of them almost 20+ years old.

Of course, don't read the replies to Ian Rappaport's tweet about it possibly being the greatest potential halftime show ever. You'll find the typical dogwhistle responses about lamenting there not being more rock'n'roll, as if there's been good rock music in the last 20 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I know it’s only the halftime entertainment, but this caught my eye.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...kendrick-lamar
    Wow, thats a great lineup. Though its gonna have to be PG, so I am not sure how that will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Came here to post this. Pretty good lineup. Kendrick keeps it pretty relevant, though I wish they'd have gambled on a lesser known name like Joyner Lucas or someone, instead of trotting out Snoop/Dre/Mary. Yeah, they have great hits - all of them almost 20+ years old.

Of course, don't read the replies to Ian Rappaport's tweet about it possibly being the greatest potential halftime show ever. You'll find the typical dogwhistle responses about lamenting there not being more rock'n'roll, as if there's been good rock music in the last 20 years.
    Most mainstream rock these days is pop to me. The genre has been pretty stagnant for a long time... and I am a big rock/metal fan.

Yeah I'm not sure how they're gonna do an Up in Smoke reunion with Kendrick and not have half the show bleeped.

And seriously, what is rock'n'roll any more? There's some good metal, but it's so niche, and will never appear at a Super Bowl. "Modern Alternative" is like scene music or something - Fallout Boy and Panic at the Disco (even those two are like a decade old at this point), and way more pop than rock.

Ironically, I think when they had Coldplay play at the Super Bowl, that was the most relevant "modern rock" band they could have had besides maybe Muse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im so excited! This should be good. Racists can GTFO

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not sure how they're gonna do an Up in Smoke reunion with Kendrick and not have half the show bleeped.

And seriously, what is rock'n'roll any more? There's some good metal, but it's so niche, and will never appear at a Super Bowl. "Modern Alternative" is like scene music or something - Fallout Boy and Panic at the Disco (even those two are like a decade old at this point), and way more pop than rock.

Ironically, I think when they had Coldplay play at the Super Bowl, that was the most relevant "modern rock" band they could have had besides maybe Muse.
    I mean Vegas opened last season with The Killers on a rooftop, and it sucked.

And I like The Killers.

Only other band that'd be big enough in the last decade is probably Imagine Dragons.

Anyway, this halftime is going to be awesome and could easily surpass the excellent Gaga one from a few years ago.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to skip this Thu game cause the Bengals have been half way decent and the Jags have sucked and I figured this would be a boring and one sided game.

So I play some WoW, check twitter:

"What a great way to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the #Bengals 1981 Super Bowl team in attendance, and the inaugural Ring of Honor class of Ken Anderson, Paul Brown, Anthony Munoz and Ken Riley."

So I think, oh, Bengals up big then probably.

Read on:

"As bad as that first half was, the goal line stop by Logan Wilson has given the Bengals some hope in the second half as they get booed off the field at the half. 14-0 Jags."

Ah, so same old Bungels afterall. Just when you think they are okay, they massively shit the bed.

10+ Year Old Account

There has been some decent releases lately, but nothing that would want to play at the super bowl. Deftones, Chevelle, Slipknot, Tool, and Korn off the top of my head have dropped solid/decent albums recently.

Can't stand modern Panic at the Disco or FOB. Even The Offspring is too pop for me, but thats more disappointing than anything to me. They had some heavy tracks in their early days. Imagine Dragons is zoomer Nickleback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Imagine Dragons is zoomer Nickleback.
    I love this take.

I still remember that they had this graphic some time back where Imagine Dragons was the best selling Rock act since whenever it was. And SO MANY PEOPLE got upset at them calling Imagine Dragons a rockband. It was hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I love this take.

I still remember that they had this graphic some time back where Imagine Dragons was the best selling Rock act since whenever it was. And SO MANY PEOPLE got upset at them calling Imagine Dragons a rockband. It was hilarious.
    I remember that.

I was also upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I don't often watch the halftime show anymore. Probably won't watch this one either, neither old rock bands nor a big rapper collab are my thing.

Also good news the Struggle Bowl is tied after 3 quarters.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the Bengals win the Struggle Bowl and despite that title they're 3-1.

Jaguars meanwhile are 0-4 and can we start talkin about Urban Meyer being 1 and done yet?