Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So the Chargers didn't just figure out how to win the games they always lose, they're winning the games every team in history always lost.
    Or the Browns are finding fantastic new ways to lose. Maybe a little of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Or the Browns are finding fantastic new ways to lose. Maybe a little of both.
    It does seem like the kind of thing the Browns would need to be a part of.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Before Sunday, NFL teams who scored 40+ points in a game with no turnovers were 400 - 0. The Browns became the first team in NFL history to score 40+ points with no turnovers and lose.
    Now that is quite the stat. Brutal.

More Gruden EMails are leaking. It doesn't look good. Homophobic slurs, railing against women refs, protests during the anthems, and lamenting the pressure to draft "queers" when Michael Sam announced he was gay pre-draft in 2014. Might be awkward since Gruden has the one openly gay starting player in the league on his team.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    More Gruden EMails are leaking. It doesn't look good. Homophobic slurs, railing against women refs, protests during the anthems, and lamenting the pressure to draft "queers" when Michael Sam announced he was gay pre-draft in 2014. Might be awkward since Gruden has the one openly gay starting player in the league on his team.
    And yet the team can't do anything without eating what, 5 years of guaranteed money?

This is why you don't give out 10 year contracts to coaches folks.
    The future Blizzard wants is not the past we loved.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

The Colts looking good tonight, but I can't take any Carson Wentz-led team seriously. He fumbled right after I said this to the other mods.

- - - Updated - - -

Source: Jon Gruden just informed his staff that he plans to resign as #Raiders coach.

Not just leaked, but the NFL essentially shoveled them at the Raiders FO and said "do something". CC'd them to the NYT too.

Felt a bit weird yesterday having him on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Not just leaked, but the NFL essentially shoveled them at the Raiders FO and said "do something". CC'd them to the NYT too.

Felt a bit weird yesterday having him on the sidelines.
    He gone now. See above.

Well I guess with him resigning that solves the money problem for Vegas.

Man amazing what even one year can do. Last year the NFL couldn't take down Dan Snyder, now they in one week took down Jon Gruden.

He gone now. See above.
    Statement still stands, shoulda been put on administrative leave at least before the game. Though I am not sure about the rules concerning that and a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Statement still stands, shoulda been put on administrative leave at least before the game. Though I am not sure about the rules concerning that and a coach.
    The NFL couldn't do anything about it because Gruden wasn't an NFL employee at the time. The current belief is they forwarded all this to the Raiders last week to see if they wanted to do something....and then it leaked to the NYT when the Raiders dragged their feet yesterday after the "one EMail."

now just need Snyder to get pressured out.

or slammed by the feds.

I don't see anything wrong with insulting Goodell, any politician (guess Goodell fits in here too) or most of the NFL owners. Picking the xbox live dictionary to do it wasn't the best decision though. I don't like Gruden and found him extremely annoying when he did stuff for ESPN, but didn't expect him to be as bad as most of the leaked things show.

Considering all of this is coming out because of the investigation into the Redskins, Snyder is probably next when more stuff is found about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with insulting Goodell, any politician (guess Goodell fits in here too) or most of the NFL owners. Picking the xbox live dictionary to do it wasn't the best decision though. I don't like Gruden and found him extremely annoying when he did stuff for ESPN, but didn't expect him to be as bad as most of the leaked things show.

Considering all of this is coming out because of the investigation into the Redskins, Snyder is probably next when more stuff is found about him.
    Yeah I'm sure lots of coaches are out here shitting their pants right now. Or probably not, I'm sure Gruden is well off enough that he can just go sail on a boat for the rest of his life.

Its all bad but I question whether its much worse than what most NFL coaches were saying 10+ years ago. I don't care about Gruden, he can go, but I'm not going to vilify him either, at least not specifically him. All that behavior needs to go but hopefully they don't up and fire everybody everywhere.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Its all bad but I question whether its much worse than what most NFL coaches were saying 10+ years ago. I don't care about Gruden, he can go, but I'm not going to vilify him either, at least not specifically him. All that behavior needs to go but hopefully they don't up and fire everybody everywhere.
    I'm sure there were others, but the real question is, were they dumb enough to use league/team email to be a bigot?

Also fuck, can they not put Blankenship on blast? He is upset and they are just leaving the camera on him....

No defence of him here, I was fine with the team showing progress but not success, but nothing in these emails is defensible beyond saying Goodell doesn't understand football.

That he's resigned is a "I jumped before I was pushed"

This season is probably a dud now. Roll on 2022

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    No defence of him here, I was fine with the team showing progress but not success, but nothing in these emails is defensible beyond saying Goodell doesn't understand football.

That he's resigned is a "I jumped before I was pushed"

Not to try and talk "the future" given the news is still breaking but this is gonna suck for Raiders fans.

Gruden was basically the guy standing between the team and dealing Carr, so they're probably going to deal Carr now in the offseason and suck for a few years while they look for "the guy."

Not to mention with Gruden gone probably means another culture reset which means more wasted draft picks on culture guys.

Any promise this team has I think went down the drain with those emails.

I don't think there's a reason to believe "the guy" can't have an immediate impact. Both Burrow and Herbert were immediate impacts. You just gotta know who to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Nah, they will be 4-2 after this weekend and end up in the playoffs because the rest of the teams that will be contending for a wild card spot are all not good.

Then Mayock will pick some 4th round guy from Clemson in the 1st again next year.

I don't think there's a reason to believe "the guy" can't have an immediate impact. Both Burrow and Herbert were immediate impacts. You just gotta know who to pick.
    I didn't know first round picks were supposed to make an impact at all, let alone an immediate one.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-10-12 at 02:35 AM.