Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Bills signed Emmanuel Sanders. A little pricey considering how cheap John Brown just signed for with the Raiders after we let him go, but we now have a trio of WRs who are all in the top 5 in terms of separation in the league. Daboll daring teams to run zone against them, man press will be the only feasible way to defend the Bills.

Also rumors that Ertz might be signing in Buffalo.
    Bills WRs remind me of the Chiefs. Get as many speed demons as possible and just tell them run down the field.
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (H) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Bills WRs remind me of the Chiefs. Get as many speed demons as possible and just tell them run down the field.
    Al Davis Method
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Denver rescinded their RFA tender on Philip Lindsay. I was surprised they even tendered him to begin.

S Patrick Chung is retiring. He brought a LOT to the Patriots back end when he was here, stuff that mostly went unnoticed by the general public, but with him being out of football last year and his production mostly being replaced by our 2nd round rookie Kyle Dugger and Adrian Phillips, I think we can manage his retirement.

There was a time when we absolutely wouldn't have been able to. One of the many unsung heroes of the Patriots 2014-19 era. Time waits for no man though and if he feels he's done, then he should listen to his heart.

I have the feeling the Patriots knew about this move though, cause the Jalen Mills signing was somewhat odd when we still had Chung, Dugger, Phillips and slot CB Jonathan Jones on the roster, who are all starting quality players, in the same general box type defensive back role.

With Chung now retired that solves that playing time crunch problem.

I can imagine that in the future that Mills stays in the box role and Dugger moves in a more free role in the back end that Devin McCourty currently still plays for us. Dugger was a Free Safety in college and he might be more suited to that role, given his more limited experience with man-to-man coverage. Dugger is built like a linebacker though, so if he can pick up more of the man-to-man concepts and be used to cover TE's and big slot receivers, he could be a weapon.

The NVP signed with the Bills. Kind of surprised a team with a question mark at QB didn't offer him a chance to compete for a starting job.

Glennon to the Giants, Trubisky to the Bills.

Honestly what had Denver done other than sign an injury problem, let guys walk, and not sign a single competition body for Drew Lock?
    Legion made WoD's mistakes into traditions. It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.

Honestly what had Denver done other than sign an injury problem, let guys walk, and not sign a single competition body for Drew Lock?
    Re-signed Shelby Harris and brought in a RB that is supposedly really good on special teams, which has actually been as big of a problem as QB recently. I don't even know what to think about QB. They could just be set on taking one of the QBs in the 1st round or letting Lock shit the bed and take one next year with a new HC.

Taking a shot at Darby not getting hurt 2 years in a row might have been fine if Bryce Callahan wasn't also made of glass. There are enough young players at other spots that corner and safety are likely the positions they target in the draft.

Only guy they let walk that would have been worth keeping is Kareem Jackson, and he declined a pay cut. If anything Von Miller's option should have been declined too.

I like the Trubisky signing, Bills needed an upgrade at backup considering how many hits Allen takes and they got an experienced athlete. Hopefully it benefits him the same way as other borderline starters who took backup jobs and found a better market the next year.
    /s

New TV Deal just dropped.

Amazon now gets exclusive rights to TNF. (This will probably include offering it through Twitch again.)

ABC/ESPN will now be in the Super Bowl rotation starting in the 26-27 season.

Also their Nick collab will continue into 2033.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2021-03-18 at 08:37 PM.

Third suit against Watson filed and the lawyer filing them says there are 9 in total... that escalated quickly.
    /s

Third suit against Watson filed and the lawyer filing them says there are 9 in total... that escalated quickly.
    It's almost like he isn't even trying to be serious about this. May as well just have a giant check signed by McNair behind him on Zoom.

It's almost like he isn't even trying to be serious about this. May as well just have a giant check signed by McNair behind him on Zoom.
    Have you read even a tiny bit of the actual statements made by these women? They certainly don't sound made up, and if they are they have one hell of a sadistic screenwriter they employed.

I think we have to at least entertain the possiblity that there is truth to this, instead of trusting in someone's public persona and quality on the field to dictate that they can't possibly do wrong.

We need to let the stuff play out, but that means withholding judgment on BOTH sides of this.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Have you read even a tiny bit of the actual statements made by these women? They certainly don't sound made up, and if they are they have one hell of a sadistic screenwriter they employed.

I think we have to at least entertain the possiblity that there is truth to this, instead of trusting in someone's public persona and quality on the field to dictate that they can't possibly do wrong.

We need to let the stuff play out, but that means withholding judgment on BOTH sides of this.
    I don't know if there's fire, but there's a lot of smoke.
    /s

New TV Deal just dropped.

Amazon now gets exclusive rights to TNF. (This will probably include offering it through Twitch again.)

ABC/ESPN will now be in the Super Bowl rotation starting in the 26-27 season.

Also their Nick collab will continue into 2033.
    The Nick collab was pretty well done, so they ought to keep it going. I just hope Directv loses NFL Sunday Ticket and some other medium can take it over. Trying to watch your team play without it can be a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

What the lawyer is doing publicly and the timing just seem fishy. It comes out right after the start of the league year. Plus, the lawyer that seems to enjoy attention based on his previous actions announces it on instagram, and that post was all about himself. Anything can be true, but how it is playing out is strange.

Amazon now gets exclusive rights to TNF.
    Sad times, I miss the CBS TNF theme, was an absolute baller.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

The Bears released Kyle Fuller. If only there was a team with former Bears coaches that are in desperate need of corner help.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    What the lawyer is doing publicly and the timing just seem fishy. It comes out right after the start of the league year. Plus, the lawyer that seems to enjoy attention based on his previous actions announces it on instagram, and that post was all about himself. Anything can be true, but how it is playing out is strange.
    Lawyer is well known in Houston for being weird, but also one of the top lawyers in the state for these kinds of things. So... his methods may be fishy but its extremely unlikely he's risking his super successful, reputable career taking bullshit on.

Also, a guy cna look squeaky clean but be anything but. Treyvon boykin was portrayed as a super angelic player while at TCU, super charitable and stuff. Turns out, hes just an abusive asshole that nearly killed his gf.

Well, there goes someone's career. Should have to take a trip to Nevada.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The weird staggering and self promotion are big red flags. If you have 9 women in the wings why not just drop your 9 cases. Why spread them out like this unless you're trying to hurt Watson's image (and thereby market and force him to have to pick between the Texans or Retirement) more than win a court case.