Page 4 of 205 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    OT is fine as it is.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Slowly but surely, Mickey Loomis is tackling the cap problem, a number of restructures and releases in the past week. It is a shame to see Morstead released, but he made the onside kick, he's a Saint for life.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Might have the Tampa Bay Bucs Superbowl win to thank for that. It's a copy cat league and Tampa proved that you can win with a fierce passrush and a half decent offense. Maybe this is just the Cards thinking that Kyler + the offense is good enough if they add more passrush.

If they can bring back Patrick Peterson to take advantage of the better rush and Haason Reddick too, then you might have something going in that regard.

Still, usually following some other team's blue print is not what's going to work. It never worked for teams trying to follow the Patriots either.
    Tampa's offense put up the third most points in the league last year. They are a whole heck of a lot better than "half-decent".

10+ Year Old Account
    This was an interesting read: https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2...re-of-offense/

Basically breaking down some recent trends in offenses and defenses and their tactics and where things might be going.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally happened. Dak signed long term. Cowboys could have saved millions if they had just done this last year or the year before.

Only 4 years and a no tag clause. His agent set him up for another big payday after the new tv contracts assuming he comes back completely healthy.

I think I have figured out that if I want to know what is going to happen this off-season. I'll just look at the opposite of what John Clayton says. Barely on his new job and is already 0-3 on his reports.

I propose to eliminate ties altogether. In overtime, if the game is still tied after one full possession by each time, the game goes into a "shootout" mode. In a shootout, each team takes turns trying a 2 point conversion until there is a winner. (Think baseball innings)
    As an aside, I also propose to eliminate the coin toss and use "home field advantage" instead, for all games except for the Super Bowl. The home field team automatically selects whether to kick or receive first. If a game enters a shootout, the home field team will select whether to try first or second. In the Super Bowl this is decided by coin toss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dak on the cowboys always feels like borrowed time. He still ended up with 40 mill a year. Ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After that reset I feel confident that Josh Allen will be the NFL's first 50 million QB. In a couple years even average QBs will be 30+ if Dak is worth 40.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I think I have figured out that if I want to know what is going to happen this off-season. I'll just look at the opposite of what John Clayton says. Barely on his new job and is already 0-3 on his reports.
    That's been the case ever since his infamous declaration that Joe Flacco is an elite quarterback. I didn't even realize Clayton was still around.

Raiders traded Trent Brown to the Patriots. Their 2019 FA class was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    That's been the case ever since his infamous declaration that Joe Flacco is an elite quarterback. I didn't even realize Clayton was still around.
    He was hired by a Denver radio station as a insider or something. I have not seen anything ESPN related in forever, so I didn't know he was that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    All that matters is he had the best sportscenter commercial ever.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Cap set at $182.5m, Saints still making cuts and restructures. Emmanual Sanders and Kwon Alexander being the latest casualties.

The next big step is securing that great 2017 draft class:
    #1s Lattimore and Ramczyk are on year 5 options and need extensions
    #2 Marcus Williams is tagged
    #3s Kamara is extended, Anzalone is a FA, and Hendrickson probably priced himself too high with 13.5 sacks

Those top 3 picks have big cap hits in 2021 and then they're free agents, would be great to get them extended and lower those cap hits.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Emmanuel sanders is the most disrespected wr of the last like 7 years. He’s produced for every team he’s been with regardless of the qb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I think the smaller cap will help teams that are close like Buffalo. A veteran out there might be seeing the bloodbath, and want a 1 year prove it deal on a contender, and test the waters again next year when the cap from the new CBA kicks in.

And on the #3 passing offense, and the #1 11-personnel percentage in the league, BRING ME THE PASS CATCHING TEs.

BRING ME JONNU SMITH, BRANDON BEANE.

10+ Year Old Account
    The word in Green Bay is the Packers probably will extend Za'darius Smith and use that to get themselves under the cap. If necessary they could move some money around with Rodgers.

So sounds like it'll be a quiet offseason in Green Bay. Also that probably means that Aaron Jones is going somewhere else, so that could be a sneaky huge loss for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing sneaky about losing a guy who had 30 TDs in 30 games over the past two years.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing sneaky about losing a guy who had 30 TDs in 30 games over the past two years.
    You say that but just wait for all the puff pieces on how the Packers are Super Bowl contenders again purely because of Rodgers and ignoring said 30 TDs that just walked out the door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Emmanuel sanders is the most disrespected wr of the last like 7 years. He’s produced for every team he’s been with regardless of the qb.
    Either him or Brandin Cooks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Either him or Brandin Cooks.
    There's rumours that the Patriots and Cooks might be eyeing a reunion. It would certainly make sense for the Patriots, cause it's been a race down hill since we traded away Cooks in the WR department.

But, you kind of have to think that if Belichick was happy to trade him before that it probably means he didn;t think highly enough of Cooks to probably warrant a reunion right now, even if the Patriots need at that position is now higher.

So I'm personally not buying the rumours yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be interesting to see if Cooks' stance on not being traded changes quickly if Watson moves on.
    /s