Page 10 of 205 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots got David Andrews back, despite the fact he got offered more elsewhere and was basically out the door already. We even signed Ted Karras to replace him! And then he's back cause he wanted to be in NE more than anywhere else.

Love that guy.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Juju is going back to the Steelers in what's probably the best outcome for both sides.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Juju is going back to the Steelers in what's probably the best outcome for both sides.
    JuJu apparently turned down a higher offer from the Ravens, which I get, being a former Steeler and not wanting to piss off everyone, but also apparently turned down a higher offer with added incentives from the CHIEFS.

Who in their right mind chooses to take less money so they can play with Big Ben over Mahomes?

I'll give him kudos for his loyalty, but if you are going to take a 1 year prove it deal, then playing with the superior QB in an offense that will give you plenty of soft coverages sounds like a far smarter plan to get paid an actual contract next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    JuJu apparently turned down a higher offer from the Ravens, which I get, being a former Steeler and not wanting to piss off everyone, but also apparently turned down a higher offer with added incentives from the CHIEFS.

Who in their right mind chooses to take less money so they can play with Big Ben over Mahomes?

I'll give him kudos for his loyalty, but if you are going to take a 1 year prove it deal, then playing with the superior QB in an offense that will give you plenty of soft coverages sounds like a far smarter plan to get paid an actual contract next year.
    I think this is one of those COVID effect contracts. It's less a prove-it deal and more "I want to hit the market next year when the cap goes ballistic from the new TV deal instead of this year where it's depressed because of COVID."

Not sure what to think of the contract Denver gave Justin Simmons. He wasn't even the best safety on his own team, yet got the highest contract for one (and the better one got his option declined??). Hopefully the actually good safeties that get new contracts in the next couple years make this one look not bad.

Evidently the Bears decided to not actually release Kyle Fuller, probably trying to get someone to trade for him instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Phillip Lindsay ended up signing with the Texans. Guess the FA market wasn't as kind to him as him and his agent thought it would be.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-03-20 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is one of those COVID effect contracts. It's less a prove-it deal and more "I want to hit the market next year when the cap goes ballistic from the new TV deal instead of this year where it's depressed because of COVID."
    Thats exactly my thought. I would hate to be a 2nd wave or later free agent this year. With all but the sunday ticket deal getting inked, and presumably fans being allowed in all stadiums again, the cap is gonna go through the roof next year. Why bother with moving your life this year when you can wait 1 year and really rake it in

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The guy is an egotistical weirdo, but he is a damn good lawyer. He did head the lawsuit against BP after the Horizon oil spill in 2010.

Basically, I think this is to draw out any more potential victims.

Also, why would Watson target young, super early in the careers women instead of use team provided or even just regular, experienced professionals? Thats a red flag to me tbh. Will need to see what other texts say.
    I’m playing the game of “are the Texans making these up to ruin his career or just no longer keeping them quiet, either as leverage to keep him or to ruin his career, accepting he’s done with them.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I’m playing the game of “are the Texans making these up to ruin his career or just no longer keeping them quiet, either as leverage to keep him or to ruin his career, accepting he’s done with them.”
    I personally am feeling Darren Sharper vibes, where at first you think theres no way, then as more and more gets piled on you realize there is something much more evil at play. Theres 22 people now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I personally am feeling Darren Sharper vibes
    I am similarly concerned, this is pretty bad but at least it isn't Sharper levels of terrible, just Sharper volume. I mean, Peyton Manning and Antonio Brown managed to shake off one accusation, but 12+? That is a lot harder to dismiss.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I am similarly concerned, this is pretty bad but at least it isn't Sharper levels of terrible, just Sharper volume. I mean, Peyton Manning and Antonio Brown managed to shake off one accusation, but 12+? That is a lot harder to dismiss.
    Honestly I think the higher that number goes the easier it gets again to shake off. We're at 12 now, with 10 more that they're talking to. It's a lot harder to believe this guy had sexual misconduct with 22 women than it would have been the initial 3-4 from a few days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL gives the Raiders their 6th rounder they took for COVID protocol breaches.

Got to be honest, I didn't think that appeal was going anywhere but pick #200 returns to Vegas.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think the higher that number goes the easier it gets again to shake off. We're at 12 now, with 10 more that they're talking to. It's a lot harder to believe this guy had sexual misconduct with 22 women than it would have been the initial 3-4 from a few days ago.
    There's no reason it couldn't be true that there are still 3-4 legit offenses and numerous frivolous ones as well.
    /s

Gettleman gonna Gettleman: 4 years, 72m for Golladay, up to 76m.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The Bears released Kyle Fuller. If only there was a team with former Bears coaches that are in desperate need of corner help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Evidently the Bears decided to not actually release Kyle Fuller, probably trying to get someone to trade for him instead.
    He is now once again released. Stay tuned for the un-release.

- - - Updated - - -

And now for the un-release. He's signing with Denver.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...86455486230528

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

And now for the un-release. He's signing with Denver.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...86455486230528
    Almost CJ Spiller-like roller coaster ride.
    /s

If the rookies Denver drafted last year improve in year 2, corner isn't too bad now. I don't think there is even a strong safety on the roster, so that might hurt a lot.

Hopefully now that corner isn't a desperate need, they take a QB in the 1st round and shoot Lock toward Mars or something.

Elway's last drunken signing mistake is gone. I never understood the Nick Vannett signing, and it only got more confusing after seeing him play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mariota is getting a reworked 1 year deal out of the Raiders. So he's probably not going anywhere in a trade now.

Denver is also bringing back Kareem Jackson. Probably the most important thing they have done so far this offseason. IF Callahan and Darby end up playing most of the season, that secondary is going to be massively improved from last year.

Not sure how Jackson only got a $5 mill deal other than safeties are having it rough in general.