15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    But I still wouldn't label Alex Smith a bust with the likes of Leaf and RG3 and others. I'd postulate that if you took Smith and switch Brady we'd be talking about Smith and the GOAT and Brady was the QB that could have done so much more.
    Are you referring to what I said or speaking in general? I said he was a bust before harbaugh and had since proved he wasn’t.

And rg3 was nowhere near leaf levels of bust, or even a bst at all. He played outstanding his rookie year. I wouldn’t consider someone whose career was ruined by an injury a bust.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-04-23 at 05:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can be neither a bust nor a GOAT. And that's where Alex Smith lays. Perfectly average in every way.

Oh also Ravens traded Orlando Brown to the Chiefs for the 31st pick.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You can be neither a bust nor a GOAT. And that's where Alex Smith lays. Perfectly average in every way.
    That’s Andy dalton zone. I think we can agree smith was better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    That’s Andy dalton zone. I think we can agree smith was better.
    Honestly I think Smith, Cousins, and Dalton are all in that zone of "Good enough to get you into the playoffs but you'll need either great position players or great defense to actually win in the playoffs."

Honestly I think Smith, Cousins, and Dalton are all in that zone of "Good enough to get you into the playoffs but you'll need either great position players or great defense to actually win in the playoffs."
    That is every not terrible starting QB in the history of the NFL. There isn't a single QB that causes a team with not good defenses or special teams to win playoff games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh also Ravens traded Orlando Brown to the Chiefs for the 31st pick.
    Ravens made out like bandits with that trade. Couldn't believe they got all that AND the Chiefs are on the hook to pay his extension soon. Chiefs are basically banking on getting the best possible version of Brown and probably even a little better than he's ever shown to be.

Tall order.

But then Chiefs were desperate, without any starting caliber level Tackles. Need to protect Mahomes somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ravens made out like bandits with that trade. Couldn't believe they got all that AND the Chiefs are on the hook to pay his extension soon. Chiefs are basically banking on getting the best possible version of Brown and probably even a little better than he's ever shown to be.
    I'm not so sure, considering the tackle market and how bad the Chiefs line played against Tampa.
    /s

Tall order.

But then Chiefs were desperate, without any starting caliber level Tackles. Need to protect Mahomes somehow.
    If it shores up the offensive line and they can pay for an extension when the salary cap shoots up next year it sounds like they are doing just fine to me. If the offensive line becomes a strength or above average, you think they aren't the favor to go win another SB? I'd trade those draft picks vs playing the draft lottery roulette.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    If it shores up the offensive line and they can pay for an extension when the salary cap shoots up next year it sounds like they are doing just fine to me. If the offensive line becomes a strength or above average, you think they aren't the favor to go win another SB? I'd trade those draft picks vs playing the draft lottery roulette.
    I dunno if they're favorites at this point. I've seen enough teams get pantsed in the SB to know usually the season after that you're like 10-6 and bounced in the first two rounds of the playoffs.

I dunno if they're favorites at this point. I've seen enough teams get pantsed in the SB to know usually the season after that you're like 10-6 and bounced in the first two rounds of the playoffs.
    Doesn't feel like this is the same deal with the Chiefs to me. Most of those Super Bowl losers that get bounced the following season weren't past SB winners on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Are you referring to what I said or speaking in general? I said he was a bust before harbaugh and had since proved he wasn’t.
    In general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't feel like this is the same deal with the Chiefs to me. Most of those Super Bowl losers that get bounced the following season weren't past SB winners on top of that.
    Seahawks though. Won in '13. Lost in '14. Never got back to the level they played at again. Recent precedent.

And I don't think Mahomes is THAT much better than Russel Wilson as to make a difference here.

But we will see. Every team/situation is different.

Seahawks though. Won in '13. Lost in '14. Never got back to the level they played at again. Recent precedent.

And I don't think Mahomes is THAT much better than Russel Wilson as to make a difference here.

But we will see. Every team/situation is different.
    I mean one team isn't exactly setting a trend yet. Also Seattle's defense fell apart in the past few years and had to be built back up. Not really the case for KC. We'll see what happens but I don't view this as the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That defense and Oline are suspect enough I think it happens for them.

I'd be watching Buffalo honestly out of the AFC this year. They were close last year and didn't attrition as hard as the Chiefs did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing hurts a locker room more than winning. Most teams that win one make a decent playoff push the following year if they retain their QB. The last teams to win one within a 3 year time frame of losing one is the Patriots and Broncos that I can recall without going back further than 15 years ago. Broncos had to completely flip their team from top offense to top defense to pull it off.

What are our thoughts on the mocks, yall? How's it looking for your teams?

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

Steelers ideal is either best OL available at 24, trading up for Slater/one of the top 5 QBs, or trading down (probably with the Packers) and taking best OL available there.

Expected? Najee Harris or even Javonte Williams.

Less expected but more fun? Asante Samuel Jr.
    Last edited by Hecz; 2021-04-26 at 02:48 AM.

I don't follow or care about any mock draft. Teams do a lot of things you never expect and one trade ruins a mock really. Also people love to put splashy picks as their choices instead of 'Team Y is picking a boring offensive linemen, ZZZ'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mock drafts are pretty boring, and super boring when your team picks at 28.
    /s

Not to mention mock drafts put out by media members are literally click bait, especially when they put out multiple of them.

I'm hoping for any of the QBs. The chance of the 1st rounders being worse than Drew Lock is extremely small. I'm not sure he is even better than Paxton Lynch was at this point.

Tackle would also be nice, since Denver's current RT has played less than Jake Butt the last 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sean Lee is retiring https://twitter.com/toddarcher/statu...181491720?s=21

Figured it was coming soon. A great leader but couldn't stay healthy. Guess the defense belongs to Vander Esch's neck now.