The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this Rodgers mess has grown into quite the circular firing squad now. (Terminology perhaps in bad taste tonight.)

Rodgers says he wants Gutekunst (the GM) fired.

LaFleur washes his hands of the whole Jordan Love draft claiming he was never told the pick until it happened.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well this Rodgers mess has grown into quite the circular firing squad now. (Terminology perhaps in bad taste tonight.)

Rodgers says he wants Gutekunst (the GM) fired.

LaFleur washes his hands of the whole Jordan Love draft claiming he was never told the pick until it happened.
    This is a lot of rumors for him to just end up becoming the full time Jeopardy host.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    This is a lot of rumors for him to just end up becoming the full time Jeopardy host.
    God I hope not, he was so boring.
    /s

I love glancing at 'draft grades' for teams, one on the ringer rates all 32 teams, only 9 of them are C or worse and the only D is on Houston who got dinged for not having an 'impact player' they drafted yet they don't know the status of Watson and drafted a QB. They must do these draft grades on a curve. Have some balls say a team got an F for reaching if your 'draft board' had players taken too early.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha one fun idea I saw on reddit was people taking a look at the first round draft and treating it as if it was a mock draft someone posted and rating it. Funny comments about players falling too far, not being in the first round and other great tidbits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not, I want LeVar Burton to do it.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I'm happy with the Bills draft.

It's not like they were going to get the next Bo Jackson for their offense. That and the inability to pressure the QB did not help their secondary last year.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I hope not, I want LeVar Burton to do it.
    We've just got to make sure the week he's on is the highest ratings week they've ever had.
    /s

And I can't believe it is 2021...

Cowboys aren't picking up Vender Esch's 5th year option. That makes them picking LB make more sense for a backup plan if they can't get a deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Here’s a summary of every article about the Patriots drafting Mac Jones:

Obviously, we can’t compare him to the greatest qb of all time but (proceeds to compare him to the greatest of all time).
    I don't see any similarities between Mac Jones and Steve Young personally, but I'm sure they can big deep enough to find something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grube turn away. Ja'waun James already out for the upcoming season with an Achilles injury he suffered working out.

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/st...89810294480896

Grube turn away. Ja'waun James already out for the upcoming season with an Achilles injury he suffered working out.

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/st...89810294480896
    I just assumed he wasn't going to play. Better it happens now so whoever was going to end up starting at RT anyway gets all the reps.

He is going to have something like 60 snaps played over 3 years. This might have been Elway's best contract.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven;t seen anyone mention it yet in here, but during draft coverage they announced that the schedule will release in exactly 1 week, on the 12th. Should be fun.

There's an outside chance that the Patriots open the season at Tampa Bay, against the defending champs and Tom Brady.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Haven;t seen anyone mention it yet in here, but during draft coverage they announced that the schedule will release in exactly 1 week, on the 12th. Should be fun.

There's an outside chance that the Patriots open the season at Tampa Bay, against the defending champs and Tom Brady.
    Not happening since the game is actually at Foxboro.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to dump on Josh Rosen too much, he's gotten plenty of that already, but I just noticed of the top 18 picks in the 2018 draft, 17 of them had their 5th year option picked up with Rosen being the only exception.

- - - Updated - - -

NFL is getting meddlesome in relations between teams and players. They encouraged ownership not to pay players if they got injured training off-site, while also chastising the idea of releasing a player for not being vaccinated.

"Don't force the vaccine on anybody, but do force the unvaccinated players to gather at team facilities or they risk losing millions." is the sort of mixed messaging I expect from 2020, not 2021.
    /s

Normally I would be on the player's side for getting screwed (teams usually still pay players in this situation) if they get hurt working out off-site, but Ja'Wuan James deserves nothing. If he wanted his contract to be honored, maybe he shouldn't have sat out most of 2019 after being cleared by doctors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I don't want to dump on Josh Rosen too much, he's gotten plenty of that already, but I just noticed of the top 18 picks in the 2018 draft, 17 of them had their 5th year option picked up with Rosen being the only exception.

- - - Updated - - -

NFL is getting meddlesome in relations between teams and players. They encouraged ownership not to pay players if they got injured training off-site, while also chastising the idea of releasing a player for not being vaccinated.

"Don't force the vaccine on anybody, but do force the unvaccinated players to gather at team facilities or they risk losing millions." is the sort of mixed messaging I expect from 2020, not 2021.
    I mean let's be honest the NFL probably wants to mandate vaccines for all players but knows what'll happen on Twitter if they do. Hence the mixed messages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I would be on the player's side for getting screwed (teams usually still pay players in this situation) if they get hurt working out off-site, but Ja'Wuan James deserves nothing. If he wanted his contract to be honored, maybe he shouldn't have sat out most of 2019 after being cleared by doctors.
    The Broncos can do what they need to do, on a case by case basis it could make sense to use the loophole to not pay, I just don't like the league office weighing and sending out a memo that can only be construed as opportunistically using the Jones injury to leverage players onto team facilities
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean let's be honest the NFL probably wants to mandate vaccines for all players but knows what'll happen on Twitter if they do. Hence the mixed messages.
    Aren’t those people still mad and protesting over kneeling and BLM stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll always find something to be mad over, there just comes a point where you stop caring about their faux outrage and just do the right thing.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    They'll always find something to be mad over, there just comes a point where you stop caring about their faux outrage and just do the right thing.
    Is EPL going to mandate vaccines?