Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I just wanna know who the supposed first-round offer was from and why the Falcons did not jump at that. You get a first-round pick for an aging WR that probably won't finish play all the games this season.
    Teams and/or agents put out made up offers all the time, so it is possible no one actually offered a 1st.

Colts and 49ers probably make the most sense, but I am just assuming he will be a Falcon until a trade actually happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if anybody else uses pro-football-reference to check stats but I noticed something amusing today. On player pages they have little badges for being All-Pro or a Pro Bowler or winning MVP or DPotY type stuff.

Mitch Trubisky's page has an orange NVP badge for his Nickelodeon Valuable Player award.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...T/TrubMi00.htm
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    This is really more about good old Bob Kraft, who everybody loved when he was the owner of the plucky underdog Pats and through good marketing managed to turn it into being the “best owner in sports” while he RAKED in the dough as owner of the Patriots after strong arming the public into building him a stadium, is a Trump supporter, and arrested for soliciting sex at a massage parlor.

But he looks good in the owner’s box when the cameras show him clapping as the announcers fawn over him so everyone forgets that he’s just another dickhead billionaire.
    Robert Kraft is actually one of the few owners who paid for building the stadium all by himself. There's no public money in Gillette Stadium. Not for the original building and not for any upgrades since then.

If you are going to hate on the Patriots, at least do it with actual facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

Bet he ends up on the Raiders.
    If we can get one good season out of him, after losing Agholor, which still baffles the absolute shit out of me, I'll be happy so long as we don't overpay.

But lord knows with the way we view draft picks.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone think he has a Patriots+Moss year in him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Anyone think he has a Patriots+Moss year in him?
    With Newton passing??
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    With Newton passing??
    Being able to make that kind of comeback, since that was his last best year, not repeating it specifically with the pats.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

If the reports are correct, Julio Jones is going to the Titans.

No idea who else they have other than AJ Brown, so probably makes their offense much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    If the reports are correct, Julio Jones is going to the Titans.

No idea who else they have other than AJ Brown, so probably makes their offense much better.
    I doubt AJ Brown is thrilled by this development though. Cause now everyone is going to look at the 2 of them and wonder who WR1 is. AJ Brown may not have Julio's name recognition, but he has been a very good and underrated receiver.

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt AJ Brown is thrilled by this development though. Cause now everyone is going to look at the 2 of them and wonder who WR1 is. AJ Brown may not have Julio's name recognition, but he has been a very good and underrated receiver.
    He can be the Julio jones to Julio joneses roddy white - up and comer who might be better but not yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titans for a 2nd in 2022 and a 4th and 6th in 2023.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Titans for a 2nd in 2022 and a 4th and 6th in 2023.
    So much for that 'had a 1st round offer'. And no it isn't even that good, they are giving up the 6th in 2023. So they are trading Jones and a 2023 6th for a 2022 2nd and 2023 4th

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So much for that 'had a 1st round offer'. And no it isn't even that good, they are giving up the 6th in 2023. So they are trading Jones and a 2023 6th for a 2022 2nd and 2023 4th
    I'm willing to bet that "first round offer" was from the Rams.... in 2024.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm willing to bet that "first round offer" was from the Rams.... in 2024.
    Hah if it even existed. Taking on that salary is bad enough, I know the Rams were in cap hell for a while.

Either way If the best the Falcons could do was a late 2nd rounder (unless the Titans just implode) and a 2023 4th while giving up a 2023 6th then they really didn't have a lot of great offers. I'm curious the cap hits the Falcons take to move off him though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Hah if it even existed. Taking on that salary is bad enough, I know the Rams were in cap hell for a while.

Either way If the best the Falcons could do was a late 2nd rounder (unless the Titans just implode) and a 2023 4th while giving up a 2023 6th then they really didn't have a lot of great offers. I'm curious the cap hits the Falcons take to move off him though.
    I heard it was like 7 and change million in dead money they take on. So not terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's June now so most of the dead money will go to next year.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Rodgers won't be at Minicamp barring some major revelation overnight.

It's frankly not a surprise and frankly doesn't move the needle on this standoff. This thing won't get real until he holds out of training camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    At Patriots Mini-Camp, Mac Jones is starting to get the most reps, over the likes of Cam Newton and Brian Hoyer and Jarret Stidham. He's also gotten increasingly more productive, and despite ending today with 2 INTs in 3 plays, he's starting to look like he;s going to be in a legitimate QB Battle with Cam Newton in training camp.

Admittedly, Cam currently has a throwing hand injury, but the way Mac has looked and his growth in just a few weeks of being on the team, that has to get Cam worried for his job.

All in all, starting to look forward to training camp and what kind of battle might take place there. Might be the most fun I've had with training camp in like 3 or 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    At Patriots Mini-Camp, Mac Jones is starting to get the most reps, over the likes of Cam Newton and Brian Hoyer and Jarret Stidham. He's also gotten increasingly more productive, and despite ending today with 2 INTs in 3 plays, he's starting to look like he;s going to be in a legitimate QB Battle with Cam Newton in training camp.

Admittedly, Cam currently has a throwing hand injury, but the way Mac has looked and his growth in just a few weeks of being on the team, that has to get Cam worried for his job.

All in all, starting to look forward to training camp and what kind of battle might take place there. Might be the most fun I've had with training camp in like 3 or 4 years.
    No better job in the NFL than backing up Cam "Glass Bones and Paper Skin" Newton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    No better job in the NFL than backing up Cam "Glass Bones and Paper Skin" Newton.
    Apart from the one Covid game he missed, Cam started every game for us last year and has started at least 14 games every year of his career except the one year where he was hurt.

Cam is not that injury prone.