10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Cam is not that injury prone.
    Nope he isn't, he has been a target for abuse, dude has taken some serious hits over the years. He's huge, it takes a lot of effort to bring him down.The injury prone talk is nonsense. This is a guy who was in our division and now plays for the Patriots, so I definitely have no bias in his favor when I say this.
    /s

The only thing I ever fault Cam for is not diving for that fumble in the Super Bowl.

In other news, our team is full of anti-vaxxers, led by Cole Beasley, making it real hard to root for these dumbasses.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    In other news, our team is full of anti-vaxxers, led by Cole Beasley, making it real hard to root for these dumbasses.
    Isn't he a flat earther too? Or am I thinking of someone else.

The only thing I ever fault Cam for is not diving for that fumble in the Super Bowl.

I saw an article about Beasley, hey if he wants to be stupid let him. When he has to miss games due to covid he can look like even more of an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I saw an article about Beasley, hey if he wants to be stupid let him. When he has to miss games due to covid he can look like even more of an idiot.
    The best part is, we lost a game last year because half the Titans got COVID and our game was pushed to a Tuesday, which, by the players' own admission, fucked with their routine...

...and then in a later game lost all but one of our TEs for a game because of COVID, the one who didn't get it managed to avoid it because he was in the hospital because his wife was giving birth. One of said TEs landed on IR for the rest of the season with myocarditis stemming from...you guess it, COVID-19.

Dude played with a broken foot through the playoffs, was willing to listen to doctors and take medicine for that, but this is where he draws the line. And a large part of his bitching today was about the NFLPA agreeing to negotiations with the league to treat vaccinated/unvaccinated players differently, including separating them out, not letting them do social media promotions, etc, etc.

The best part is, we lost a game last year because half the Titans got COVID and our game was pushed to a Tuesday, which, by the players' own admission, fucked with their routine...

...and then in a later game lost all but one of our TEs for a game because of COVID, the one who didn't get it managed to avoid it because he was in the hospital because his wife was giving birth. One of said TEs landed on IR for the rest of the season with myocarditis stemming from...you guess it, COVID-19.

Dude played with a broken foot through the playoffs, was willing to listen to doctors and take medicine for that, but this is where he draws the line. And a large part of his bitching today was about the NFLPA agreeing to negotiations with the league to treat vaccinated/unvaccinated players differently, including separating them out, not letting them do social media promotions, etc, etc.
    Yeah he is out of his mind getting pissy about the NFLPA agreeing to very reasonable terms for vaccinated players. Want to get the treatment they do? Get a fucking shot. Otherwise suck it up man.

10+ Year Old Account
    In pretty unexpected news, apparently Fox and ESPN are in a bidding war for the services of RGIII. Seems to have killed it in broadcast tests.

Currently without a team, he might just go straight from the field to the booth, just like Romo.

Will be interesting if he gets used in NFL or in CFB commentary though. If he's as good as the article made it seem than I suspect he might be on the NFL broadcast.

Out of the current broadcasts:

NBC: Al Michaels and Collinsworth (though rumoured that Collinsworth is getting replaced with Drew Brees)

CBS: Nantz and Romo

FOX: Buck and Aikman

ESPN: I don't even know. The broadcast was better than the Booger Mobile Era, but getting a really good commentator there might help a lot.

Kind of have to wonder if FOX is thinking about breaking up the Buck Aikman duo. If Brees takes over on NBC, and we ignore ESPN for being ESPN, FOX has the weakest commentator set, at least IMO. I don't mind Buck, he's come a long way and loosened up a lot, but Aikman is a stick in the mud and mostly just repeats what we just saw and adds little news worthy commentary. He's just...bland. With RGIII they could really liven the braodcast up and perhaps do for Buck what Romo did for Nantz, which is give him a spiritual lift and free him to not have to carry the conversation the whole time.

All of this obviously relying on RGIII actually being as good as indicated. Will be interesting to see.

My main problem with watching Football these days is dumb commentary, so any lift in that regard is great news in my book.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In pretty unexpected news, apparently Fox and ESPN are in a bidding war for the services of RGIII. Seems to have killed it in broadcast tests.

Currently without a team, he might just go straight from the field to the booth, just like Romo.

Will be interesting if he gets used in NFL or in CFB commentary though. If he's as good as the article made it seem than I suspect he might be on the NFL broadcast.

Out of the current broadcasts:

NBC: Al Michaels and Collinsworth (though rumoured that Collinsworth is getting replaced with Drew Brees)

CBS: Nantz and Romo

FOX: Buck and Aikman

ESPN: I don't even know. The broadcast was better than the Booger Mobile Era, but getting a really good commentator there might help a lot.

Kind of have to wonder if FOX is thinking about breaking up the Buck Aikman duo. If Brees takes over on NBC, and we ignore ESPN for being ESPN, FOX has the weakest commentator set, at least IMO. I don't mind Buck, he's come a long way and loosened up a lot, but Aikman is a stick in the mud and mostly just repeats what we just saw and adds little news worthy commentary. He's just...bland. With RGIII they could really liven the braodcast up and perhaps do for Buck what Romo did for Nantz, which is give him a spiritual lift and free him to not have to carry the conversation the whole time.

All of this obviously relying on RGIII actually being as good as indicated. Will be interesting to see.

My main problem with watching Football these days is dumb commentary, so any lift in that regard is great news in my book.
    If NBC does replace Collinsworth that probably means that entire booth is getting overhauled then. Since Michaels is supposedly going to either retire or move to TNF after this season.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Beasley saying he wont get the vax does not mean the team is "full of anti-vaxxers". Jesus H (for hyperbole) Christ.

Anyway, his statement says he is willing to retire. Good for him. He has his money and can get out. It's his body his choice. This coming from someone who got vaccinated.

With that said, the loss of Cole would be felt by the Bills.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Beasley saying he wont get the vax does not mean the team is "full of anti-vaxxers". Jesus H (for hyperbole) Christ.

Anyway, his statement says he is willing to retire. Good for him. He has his money and can get out. It's his body his choice. This coming from someone who got vaccinated.

With that said, the loss of Cole would be felt by the Bills.
    Two of the other WRs (Isaiah McKenzie, Gabe Davis) have boosted and supported him on Twitter. So has John Feliciano, our starting guard. Josh Allen was on just a month ago saying how he thought mandating a vaccine was unconstitutional, and strongly implying he wasn't going to get it. Jordan Poyer, our starting safety, is not only a rabid anti-vaxxer, his wife, an Instagram model, is a leading anti-vaxxer and crazy Trumper.

Also I love how people are trying to turn the "my body, my choice" thing as the moral stand anti-vaxxers are taking. It's called public health because it affects the public. This is a very contagious disease, so your personal rights sometimes have to be curtailed for the public good - that's the very basis of the social contract, something we've seemed to forget in America. Vaccinations are only effective if a strong segment of the population adopts them, and having the team below the NFL's mandate of 85% will effect how McDermott can run the team. This is even avoiding the point that the position is irrational and anti-science, because it's not explicitly forbidden from being dumb beyond belief.

It's a tricky situation because this could legit cost the Bills games because the protocols will again call for players to sit out if they test positive for COVID. If it was limited to Cole, you could just cut him and be done with it. But he claims (and there's no one else speaking out against on the team as being pro-vaxx) that there are more players supporting him than not, so no reason to disbelieve that. Diggs hasn't spoken out on it, in fact, no leaders on the team have spoken out (at least, not against his asinine statements, a few, like I've mentioned, have boosted him).
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-06-19 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the NFL and NFLPA have hung enough of a carrot on a stick that by mid training camp most players will be vaccinated just for sake of convenience. Though the Chris Paul situation going on with the NBA might raise a few concerns with the 14 day testing period the NFL is moving with for vaccinated people.

Well, Esch, if that is enough to make the team "unwatchable" to you, I don't know what to say other than "to each his own". I won't address the side rant about how vaccines work in the nfl thread.

This is the most entertaining the Bills have been in almost 30 years, so I'll watch them when I can. I give 0 fucks about the political views or vaccine stances of the players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    This is the most entertaining the Bills have been in almost 30 years, so I'll watch them when I can. I give 0 fucks about the political views or vaccine stances of the players.
    As long as you don’t start blaming the league or covid when they tank from illness/distance protocols/poor play from minimized practice time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    As long as you don’t start blaming the league or covid when they tank from illness/distance protocols/poor play from minimized practice time.
    Nah, that was the excuse for the Titans game last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just glad the Dodgers haven't let me down when it comes to social issues and not being idiots. Drew Brees let me down, he tried to make it better at least.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just glad the Dodgers haven't let me down when it comes to social issues and not being idiots. Drew Brees let me down, he tried to make it better at least.
    Justin Turner at the end of the WS tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Justin Turner at the end of the WS tho.
    I cared less about that when I learned he’d been in the dugout with them the whole time anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of bending backwards by the league for Daniel fucking Snyder amazes me. I'm glad I stopped giving the NFL any of my money directly, cause it's same shit different day.

Snyder should have been made to sell the team, but I guess the owners are peevish about setting that precedent incase it happens to them next for being assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making his wife co-CEO is what I am hoping was the plea deal to keep the team. Especially after what happened to Jerry Richardson... Just again, inconsistent punishments from the NFL.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of bending backwards by the league for Daniel fucking Snyder amazes me. I'm glad I stopped giving the NFL any of my money directly, cause it's same shit different day.

Snyder should have been made to sell the team, but I guess the owners are peevish about setting that precedent incase it happens to them next for being assholes.
    I definitely could buy the idea that the only reason they haven't put the hammer down on Snyder is if they drop it on him they're gonna have to answer questions about a handful more franchises that have very questionable ownership.

And honestly given the WFT's situation, they might be trying to avoid stirring up a buy-and-move hornet's nest.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)