15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Huh. MNF is going to have a second stream now on ESPN 2 & Plus with... Peyton and Eli as your hosts.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...00440941363203
    I hope they also do the commercials and have them be live
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    lol, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning are basically going to do a take over of Monday Night Football broadcasts on ESPN. https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...00440941363203

Going to guess instead of the tradional play by play & color guy, it;s the Manning brothers show start to finish, and they just get to talk about the game however they wish, without the restrictions of what have come to expect.

This might actually change football commentating as we know it, or it will blow up spectacularly, hard to tell which. Definitely checking out the first broadcast to see what it's like.
    Basically "what if we had two color guys in the booth?"

Could be interesting. It's certainly probably the next step after what Tony Romo's done for CBS.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically "what if we had two color guys in the booth?"

Could be interesting. It's certainly probably the next step after what Tony Romo's done for CBS.
    Well, I think Romo is good in concentrated parts, the spice among the meat and potatoes of the play by play. When he gets extended time to talk he starts blabbering a little and careens off in different directions.

I think most color guys need that guy next to them that keeps the broadcast on track. We'll see if Manning has the focus and self awareness to do that.

There's also the chance that Manning going off on tangents and only broadly following the game play is interesting too, but I worry what you then end up with is what the ESPN team does for NBA broadcasts, which is often ignoring interesting game play to discuss their own little tangents and talking over stuff that deserves commentary in the game.

We'll see what this ends up being, but I think Manning is at least savvy enough to have a product that will please some part of the viewership. If I'm in that group remains to be seen.

I think most color guys need that guy next to them that keeps the broadcast on track.
    Sure but there is something to be said by cutting away some of the useless info like, "Tackle by X player, he has done Y things" like put up an infographic and let them have more personality in the booth, I like that about Romo at least. I'll take Romo rambling or doing something cool over Aikman using the word job 5 million times a broadcast.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also the chance that Manning going off on tangents and only broadly following the game play is interesting too, but I worry what you then end up with is what the ESPN team does for NBA broadcasts, which is often ignoring interesting game play to discuss their own little tangents and talking over stuff that deserves commentary in the game.
    I think they won't be as self-absorbed as that and let the game breathe while still discussing it. Let's hope so anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see what this ends up being, but I think Manning is at least savvy enough to have a product that will please some part of the viewership. If I'm in that group remains to be seen.
    I'm curious to see how it turns out as well, though as we all know the MNF booth has been pretty bad for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders' team president Marc Badain has resigned. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1417277482600964106

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning are basically going to do a take over of Monday Night Football broadcasts on ESPN. https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...00440941363203

Going to guess instead of the tradional play by play & color guy, it;s the Manning brothers show start to finish, and they just get to talk about the game however they wish, without the restrictions of what have come to expect.

This might actually change football commentating as we know it, or it will blow up spectacularly, hard to tell which. Definitely checking out the first broadcast to see what it's like.
    Sounds like with having guests on, they might actually not be focused on the game, so a play-by-play may not happen. Also, for those of us who...stream games, probably won't get lucky enough to listen.

Well, I think Romo is good in concentrated parts, the spice among the meat and potatoes of the play by play. When he gets extended time to talk he starts blabbering a little and careens off in different directions.

I think most color guys need that guy next to them that keeps the broadcast on track. We'll see if Manning has the focus and self awareness to do that.

I think the hope, for me, is that their stream is more niche. Football fans who know the game well enough don't really need the play-by-play to understand what's going on, on the screen.

But if the Mannings can break down plays and offensive moves and defensive countermoves, and offer that more in-depth but dynamic analysis Romo has been doing for a couple years now, I think it'll have lots of success among the guys who have Pro Football Reference as a bookmark (hint: it me).

10+ Year Old Account
    ESPN broadcasts have been lousy, they needed to get experimental, nothing to lose.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he's still trending so I guess I have to bring him up.

The Packers reportedly offered Aaron Rodgers a new contract this offseason that would have given him 2 more years (I believe bringing him back to 5 years) and making him the highest paid QB in the league again.

He turned it down. I'm not highly doubtful he's back in Green Bay this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he's still trending so I guess I have to bring him up.

The Packers reportedly offered Aaron Rodgers a new contract this offseason that would have given him 2 more years (I believe bringing him back to 5 years) and making him the highest paid QB in the league again.

He turned it down. I'm not highly doubtful he's back in Green Bay this season.
    The thing is what kind of 2 years was he offered? if they just tacked 2 years onto his current deal, which the Packers can fairly easily get out of next year, what does that add for him? Nothing.

I also find it HIGHLY suspicious that this contract news comes out right before the Packers brass are supposed to meet with the shareholders and adress the media.

That's not an accident.

Da Bears and Justin Fields FTW

I'd be happy with only crowd noise or maybe just a play by play broadcaster. I don't care about most stats, background stories, or politics from a color commentator.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    So weird to think that I have The Cleveland Browns winning the AFC North this season. Still could be Baltimore, but with so many Steelers gone and Ben likely not making it all season, the Browns have a good chance of doing it. Don't think there are any other real surprises for divisions. Packers take it depending on if Rodgers plays. Cowboys and Washington battle it out for the East, basically offense versus defense. NFC West the most obvious competitive. If Tom Brady can go to a new team after forever and succeed, then sure, Stafford can too. Carson Wentz is a question mark so the Titans take the South. Chiefs still exist so there's that. No one in the AFC East is beating the Bills unless Zach Wilson is the next Andrew Luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    So updated COVID protocols for the year. If a game cannot be rescheduled it will now count as a loss for the team with the COVID outbreak.

Likely won't be a problem except for the like two teams that didn't hit 50% vaccinated. Which I just had to google who and apparently it's reportedly the WFT and the Colts. Not who I'd have expected. I assumed it was like the Bills and Jaguars.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a game cannot be rescheduled it will now count as a loss for the team with the COVID outbreak.
    That is not quite what the rule is. The rule is that an outbreak caused by UNVACCINATED players will lead to all kinds of bad shit for the involved team, including several financial implications, game forfeiture, and a drop in both Draft and Play Off Seeding ranking.

Oh, and if a game is canceled and not rescheduled BOTH teams players don;t get paid.

This is all basically designed to make every player who does not get vaccinated face serious pressure from his peers both on his team and off.

We'll see what Cole Beasley has to say shortly, no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints & Dolphins reached 85% threshold.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see what Cole Beasley has to say shortly, no doubt.
    I get to eat my words, cause shortly after a Patriots player (Matt Judon) tweeted out that the NFLPA fucking sucks, so guess even the extensively drilled and informed Patriots are not immune to idiots.

Shortly after that De'Andre Hopkins tweeted and then deleted that tweet that he felt that he was reconsidering playing in the NFL due to being peer pressured and forced into getting vaccinated when he was against it.

Idiots everywhere it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get to eat my words, cause shortly after a Patriots player (Matt Judon) tweeted out that the NFLPA fucking sucks, so guess even the extensively drilled and informed Patriots are not immune to idiots.

Shortly after that De'Andre Hopkins tweeted and then deleted that tweet that he felt that he was reconsidering playing in the NFL due to being peer pressured and forced into getting vaccinated when he was against it.

Idiots everywhere it seems.
    Good thing the NFL dropped this after the opt-out period. Now these guys don't get their get out of jail free card.

Go Cubbies!
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Greg Knapp passed away today from injuries sustained when a car hit his bike last Saturday.

He's been an OC/QB coach for multiple teams in the NFL over the last 22 years.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.