10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1437103615634726916

Mixed reality in Panthers opening. Pretty dope. (I'm partial to cats though)

10+ Year Old Account
    Officiating in the Chargers/FOOTBALLTEAM game has been pretty gruesome. Also Fitz's OLine let him get steamrolled and he has a hip injury. Mostly an ugly game aside from Herbert throwing darts.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Buffalo are suddenly collapsing in this 4th quarter.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eagles knew how to take a gift -- they did a good job, but the Falcons handed them plenty of fouls to capitalize.

Good job Eagles, you showed potential. Can't wait to watch the rest of the season to see how you fuck it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers game got a lot better at the end, Lombardi & Herbert is going to be a good combination of OC and QB. I'm not saying Herbert is Drew Brees but the way the offense ran on the final drive looked very familiar. Also familiar was a gutless decision by Ron Rivera to punt while trailing and then lose the game never having gotten possession again.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Bengals and Vikings are gonna end in a tie and ruin the season in the first week. Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    I blinked and the Niners went from being up 21 to being up 8 with the Lions having the ball and 43 seconds left.

- - - Updated - - -

That ejection in the browns game is the dumbest fucking thing I’ve seen this season. Makes me now want to watch the rest. Should’ve ejected the coach if anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Denver's defense in mid-season form giving up free first downs on dumb penalties and allowing 3rd down conversions. Going to be funny seeing them start 0-3 again against 3 very bad teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way Winston is scrambling, Hill never had a chance. Packers D is getting gashed by every ball carrier.
    /s

Jerry Jeudy's ankle just went a direction it isn't supposed to, it was nice to see all the receivers not hurt for half a game.

So Denver's offense can't convert 3rd downs, but are 3 for 3 on 4th down. Shows how little trust they had in Lock last year when they never went for it on 4th and now do it 3 times in the first game with Bridgewater.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-09-12 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Buffalo are suddenly collapsing in this 4th quarter.
    Yeah, Steelers over Bills was not a result I was expecting today
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Rodgers has 2 interceptions and Winston has 0, welcome to bizarro world.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Rodgers has 2 interceptions and Winston has 0, welcome to bizarro world.
    Saints usually don't do well on opening games but damn they are on fire today.

- - - Updated - - -

Green Bay got robbed on that call though. That was not roughing the passer. Should have been Packers ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 penalties for nearly a 100 yards. Lost the turnover battle, turning it over when they were primed to score the go ahead touchdown, after an impressive drive by Mac & co. till that point.

If anything the rest of the team let Mac Jones down, cause he was on point for most of it and doing far more than I think the Patriots had wanted him to do coming into the game.

Shit sucks, but losing to Miami in the opener is nothing new, so, regroup, get the mental errors fixed, and let's kick some Jets ass next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Yeah, Steelers over Bills was not a result I was expecting today
    I am now aware of the absolute shellacking that New Orleans put on Green Bay.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I don't know why I get so emotionally invested in this sports team. If there was a high building in Buffalo I'd be at the top of it. I'll have to watch the TV version of the game, but we did *not* look good in any phase of offense, and our usually solid ST gave up a blocked punt TD which was the difference in a game.

I guess it's reassuring that one of the best defenses in the league had to play lights out, force a fumble, block a punt for a TD to win? We held Ben to under 200 yards and I think they rushed for less than 50, but holy shit we just couldn't do anything on offense (and still scored 16 points).

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    8 penalties for nearly a 100 yards. Lost the turnover battle, turning it over when they were primed to score the go ahead touchdown, after an impressive drive by Mac & co. till that point.

If anything the rest of the team let Mac Jones down, cause he was on point for most of it and doing far more than I think the Patriots had wanted him to do coming into the game.

Shit sucks, but losing to Miami in the opener is nothing new, so, regroup, get the mental errors fixed, and let's kick some Jets ass next week.
    Honestly, the AFC East as a whole looks like it needs to improve.

And Mac wasn't perfect, a mental error on his part on the first drive cost ended up costing them points.

---

This season is feeling more like Football to me already than all of last year. Last year felt like a joke to me, and I gave up after 3 weeks of even following the games.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I am now aware of the absolute shellacking that New Orleans put on Green Bay.
    Good thing it is still the preseason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very curious to see how Stafford does now that he actually has talent around him and a real coach.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, the AFC East as a whole looks like it needs to improve.

And Mac wasn't perfect, a mental error on his part on the first drive cost ended up costing them points.
    I never said anything remotely like Mac was perfect. He wasn't. He missed things and fucked up protections and got bailed out by a huge penalty at one point that was the difference between going on to score points and being out of field goal range and 4th down.

But he spread the ball around, made nice throws in situations where he had to, and was putting together a really nice character building drive in the 4th when Damien Harris fumbled the game away. Mac never got the ball again.

His press conference after too was all "I need to do better" and saying he didn't care about the ball of his first TD cause they needed to score more. He concluded it with "and we will."

Just everything shows that he's a rookie, but one that is taking things really seriously (maybe even a little TOO seriously) and one that wants to improve and get better.

As far as first games go, this was a promising start, but it certainly was nowhere near perfect.