Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Good thing it is still the preseason.
    Was that Green Bay's problem? Forgot to check the schedule?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, well this stadium sounds loud AF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Alright, well this stadium sounds loud AF.
    Hopefully I'll get to a game* next year and find out firsthand.

*Unless its a Chargers game

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like its gonna be a bad day for the NFC North.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Looks like its gonna be a bad day for the NFC North.
    And a good day for the NFC West. As bad as the prognosticators can be, their consensus that the NFCW is the best division in the NFL will probably prove true.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Was that Green Bay's problem? Forgot to check the schedule?
    Nah then they wouldn't have played Rodgers and might have won. </s>
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Longtime Dolphin fan.

Great win today.

Anytime you can go into Foxboro and come out with a win is awesome.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Longtime Dolphin fan.

Great win today.

Anytime you can go into Foxboro and come out with a win is awesome.
    Question. How did you feel about the team pulling Tua at several occasions to do gimmick plays?

Across all of them combined they were a net positive for the Dolphins, but, it felt odd to run that many gimmick plays and take your QB out of the game and not just run your offense.

You didn't really gain that much from it, so I can't help but think that just running your offense would have just been a more straightforward way to get yards, with added benefits of having an actual passing threat.

Not to mention you must have put actual time into practicing these plays, which, if this was just a Patriots wrinkle seems like it could have gone into plays that are more broadly useful.

Idk, it all seemed weird to me to take all that effort just to disrupt the flow of your offense and I wondered what someone who I assume followed the team more than I did thinks.

I just realized...for at least this week, the Texans can enjoy being in first place in their division.
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Watching Rodgers on the sidelines late in the game, he looked like he just didn't really care.
    If they don't improve I totally see him being the next person to retire in the middle of a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lattimore got an extension, a little rich, puts him just above Humphrey and below Ramsey. Wish it could have been done sooner considering how much better a deal the Bills got on White's deal last year.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    If they don't improve I totally see him being the next person to retire in the middle of a game.
    Honestly if they don't improve do we start legitimately talking about him being dealt at the deadline? Or is the risk to the Broncos' pick too great?

Either way if they don't improve I think we're gonna see Love at some point in the season. Put Rodgers in bubble wrap so you can get your trade value out of him, and since he'll probably grumble his way into not wanting to play anyway.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Falcons in a nutshell. That game was horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The Falcons in a nutshell. That game was horrible.
    The Eagles played well, but they have the Falcons to thank. The Falcons made a lot of costly mistakes, mostly fouls, and had some...tough ref calls to make go against them (that intentional grounding call could have gone either way).

But if I had to name a single specific issue, it's the Falcon's front five. Allowing a single sack over the game is completely understandable. Allowing two is...less so, but it's not the end of the world. Allowing two fourth down conversion attempts to fail because of sacks is unforgiveable. And even without the sacks, Ryan just never had time to line up a decent pass. 164 passing yards, three sacks and no interceptions? I don't see how that's the QB's fault. The offensive line failed.

Don't get me wrong, my Eagles played well -- better than expected, actually. The current team has potential, as demonstrated by those two rookie touchdowns. But the Falcons just could not get the ball downfield, no matter what they tried. Maybe they'll have better luck next week.

(checks schedule)

Uh oh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The La’el Collins situation is pretty fucked up. The guy missed 7 drug tests, out of something like 180, and they suspended him 5 games. 0 failed tests and at least some of the missed tests were due to mitigating circumstances. He was being tested 10 times a month…

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...mpression=true
    The new CBA is ridiculous.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Free La'el Collins! Missing tests shouldnt be on thew same level as testing positive FFS

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't know why I get so emotionally invested in this sports team. If there was a high building in Buffalo I'd be at the top of it. I'll have to watch the TV version of the game, but we did *not* look good in any phase of offense, and our usually solid ST gave up a blocked punt TD which was the difference in a game.

I guess it's reassuring that one of the best defenses in the league had to play lights out, force a fumble, block a punt for a TD to win? We held Ben to under 200 yards and I think they rushed for less than 50, but holy shit we just couldn't do anything on offense (and still scored 16 points).
    I was looking forward to season starting all summer, but when I woke up yesterday my "Bills senses" kicked in and I just knew if I based my day around watching the entire game on my phone I would majorly let down. I don't often get to watch them due to being out of market, so normally I seize the opportunity.

Opted to lead alt rbgs for my wow guild instead and actually had a decent day.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Fitzmagic is going on IR. What is it with Washington and QBs getting hurt? The sewage pipe that failed in their stadium sums up my opinion on that situation.

After seeing all the people without masks at Highmark Stadium, I should of expected an increase in choking hazards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The sewage pipe that failed in their stadium sums up my opinion on that situation.
    I read about that, and they still maintained that it was rainwater, even though it hadn't rained in basically 3 days.

Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Question. How did you feel about the team pulling Tua at several occasions to do gimmick plays?

Across all of them combined they were a net positive for the Dolphins, but, it felt odd to run that many gimmick plays and take your QB out of the game and not just run your offense.

You didn't really gain that much from it, so I can't help but think that just running your offense would have just been a more straightforward way to get yards, with added benefits of having an actual passing threat.

Not to mention you must have put actual time into practicing these plays, which, if this was just a Patriots wrinkle seems like it could have gone into plays that are more broadly useful.

Idk, it all seemed weird to me to take all that effort just to disrupt the flow of your offense and I wondered what someone who I assume followed the team more than I did thinks.
    I thought it was interesting, i see it almost how Sean Payton uses Hill for gadget plays. Granted you pull out all of the tricks against Bill and the Pats. Jacoby is just a little bigger and if it's a designed run i rather seem Jacoby take the hits over Tua. The plays i know for sure were practiced as situational football and they executed when it came time to produce.

As a fan I'm glad Miami got the win in New England (it never happens usually) but the offense was sloppy Tua played a good not great game, his interception was a head scratcher but the receivers had a chance to make the play and didn't. I'm concerned about the run defense and 3rd efficiency on offense and defense. The patriots straight up gashed us and the offense when faced with a 3rd and longer than 5+ yards it was a mess. Granted the Patriots defense with majority of their talent on the field are a challenge it's still concerning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Fitzmagic is going on IR. What is it with Washington and QBs getting hurt? The sewage pipe that failed in their stadium sums up my opinion on that situation.
    Think Ron Rivera calls up Cam Newton?