I thought the roughing the passer calls against each team were weak.

The Allen hurdle made me smile.

My childhood friend, who is a life long Chiefs fan, described them as a "warm flat diet Pepsi", which got a chuckle out of me.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    This game is a comedy of errors. Wtf is going on with the chiefs. They’ve looked listless all season but here it’s so pronounced that they have no identity. Defense nonexistent and offense, either trying to get too cute or got figured out, whatever it was they’ll be lucky to make the playoffs. It may be a top heavy conference but they still have to have wins, and they haven’t looked good against anyone.
    Defense hasn't been as good, and their OLine has become a definite problem spot. Which is leading to a lot more pressure in Mahomes' face and, like most QBs, he's not playing GOAT Football with guys around him every play.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Defense hasn't been as good, and their OLine has become a definite problem spot. Which is leading to a lot more pressure in Mahomes' face and, like most QBs, he's not playing GOAT Football with guys around him every play.
    IDK, I'm high on their two draft picks (Creed Humphrey and Tre Smith), but we specifically drafted two DEs in the first two rounds this year to get defensive depth and be able to do that thing where we rotate 9 DL to keep pressure on Mahomes with just 4. We blitzed ZERO times in this game, and yet Mahomes looked harried and off-platform all game long.

Pretty good game. Scored 38, defense held KC to 20 (which imo is more impressive than shutting out the Texans or the Dolphins), and I still think the offense let some stuff go combined with awful refereeing for both teams. We get at Tampa in a couple weeks, but other than that - man, I don't see who else we lose to on this schedule. At Titans next week is also a test, I guess. But we still have Patsx2, Jetsx2, another Dolphins game......the Jags, lol.

The question for me is whether LAC is for real or not. Bills are the #1 scoring offense (34.4 or something PPG), and the #1 scoring defense. Only time that's ever happened was twice in the 70s, and both teams won the Super Bowl. One of those teams were the 17-0 '72 Dolphins. The other was one of those great Steel Curtain Steelers teams.

But it's only week 5, lot of games left to play. Still don't know how we lost to the Steelers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers are real, question is can they keep this up the full season. History with them has shown they'll find the cliff eventually.

If I had to guess, Browns-Bills AFC Championship. Somebody's suffering's gonna be at an end this year.

Baker is trash and Stefanski didn't trust him enough to put the game away today. I'm not worried about their offense.

Their defense is supposed to be legit but I guess got lit up today? Didn't see the game so not sure.

Why am I still up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Baker is trash and Stefanski didn't trust him enough to put the game away today. I'm not worried about their offense.

Their defense is supposed to be legit but I guess got lit up today? Didn't see the game so not sure.

Why am I still up.
    Browns are missing some key defensive guys.

Chargers looked good last year so I just see this as the natural progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Why am I still up.
    I believe he doubled his TD count in this one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Im pretty confident that the afc is not gonna run through arrowhead this year
    mahomes has never played a road playoff game! shocking.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Before Sunday, NFL teams who scored 40+ points in a game with no turnovers were 400 - 0. The Browns became the first team in NFL history to score 40+ points with no turnovers and lose.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Before Sunday, NFL teams who scored 40+ points in a game with no turnovers were 400 - 0. The Browns became the first team in NFL history to score 40+ points with no turnovers and lose.
    So the Chargers didn't just figure out how to win the games they always lose, they're winning the games every team in history always lost.
    /s

@eschatological

The Steelers have a dominant d line that was 100% healthy and fresh week 1. The Bills o line had ford starting, who has lost his job, and got dominated. Josh had the deer in headlights expression after getting abused by said D line.

It kind of reminded me of the chiefs vs bucs and Patriots vs giants superbowls.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Or the Browns are finding fantastic new ways to lose. Maybe a little of both.
    It does seem like the kind of thing the Browns would need to be a part of.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Now that is quite the stat. Brutal.

More Gruden EMails are leaking. It doesn't look good. Homophobic slurs, railing against women refs, protests during the anthems, and lamenting the pressure to draft "queers" when Michael Sam announced he was gay pre-draft in 2014. Might be awkward since Gruden has the one openly gay starting player in the league on his team.

10+ Year Old Account
    More Gruden EMails are leaking. It doesn't look good. Homophobic slurs, railing against women refs, protests during the anthems, and lamenting the pressure to draft "queers" when Michael Sam announced he was gay pre-draft in 2014. Might be awkward since Gruden has the one openly gay starting player in the league on his team.
    And yet the team can't do anything without eating what, 5 years of guaranteed money?

This is why you don't give out 10 year contracts to coaches folks.

The Colts looking good tonight, but I can't take any Carson Wentz-led team seriously. He fumbled right after I said this to the other mods.

- - - Updated - - -

Source: Jon Gruden just informed his staff that he plans to resign as #Raiders coach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not just leaked, but the NFL essentially shoveled them at the Raiders FO and said "do something". CC'd them to the NYT too.

Felt a bit weird yesterday having him on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Not just leaked, but the NFL essentially shoveled them at the Raiders FO and said "do something". CC'd them to the NYT too.

Felt a bit weird yesterday having him on the sidelines.
    He gone now. See above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess with him resigning that solves the money problem for Vegas.

Man amazing what even one year can do. Last year the NFL couldn't take down Dan Snyder, now they in one week took down Jon Gruden.

10+ Year Old Account
    He gone now. See above.
    Statement still stands, shoulda been put on administrative leave at least before the game. Though I am not sure about the rules concerning that and a coach.