15+ Year Old Account
    The bucs love to give penalties on 3th down
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    and Brady throws an pick six at the end of the game when they needed to score. about a minute elft but still...

The Pats could be 7-1 right now if things went a little different at the end of games. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing well in the playoffs.

I know Brady is old, but does he know he was supposed to throw a TD to his team and not the Saints?

10+ Year Old Account
    Brady and the SB champ Bucks just lost to the Siemian led Saints

Well done by Trevor "Monkey Man" Siemian, who I didn't realize was still in the league.

15+ Year Old Account
    I must say im suprised but then again the saints defense is like kryptonite to brady
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Not what I expected to happen when Jameis went down. I do wonder if they just turn to Taysom as the starter if Winston is done for a while. Saints can be in first next week if they beat ATL. Crazy.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The Pats could be 7-1 right now if things went a little different at the end of games. Wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing well in the playoffs.

I know Brady is old, but does he know he was supposed to throw a TD to his team and not the Saints?
    You could even argue that they beat themselves more than were beat by the Saints to be 8-0. The Patriots are better than the record suggests, but I don't seem them getting anything more than the wildcard.

Brady is back to his last season with the Patriots play I guess. There were a few games were he threw a pick sick late.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Hahahahaha eat it Tampa Bay.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    We ignoring Fields?
    Fields looked alright today. Honestly that alone should get Nagy fired this week.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

On Rookies: I feel bad for first year Rookies that have to play their first year all of a sudden due top injuries or the like. This clearly can work on for some QBs, but many others I feel like its a failure on the part of the team/coaches. Most of the rookie QBs this year aren't doing very well, and in some cases its just caused drama.

On Kickoffs: they add very little, and most of the time its a touchback. Very rarely does anything exciting happen. Yet another player was hurt this week on a kick return. Replace it with punting if anything, it takes more skill and people aren't running quite as fast.

I'm sure these will be unpopular opinions, go ahead and roast me lol

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's roughing the passer, you can't hit a QB anymore.

Shoulder at midriff height, rolls to the side as not to land on him, perfect tackle.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    On Rookies: I feel bad for first year Rookies that have to play their first year all of a sudden due top injuries or the like. This clearly can work on for some QBs, but many others I feel like its a failure on the part of the team/coaches. Most of the rookie QBs this year aren't doing very well, and in some cases its just caused drama.

On Kickoffs: they add very little, and most of the time its a touchback. Very rarely does anything exciting happen. Yet another player was hurt this week on a kick return. Replace it with punting if anything, it takes more skill and people aren't running quite as fast.

I'm sure these will be unpopular opinions, go ahead and roast me lol
    College ball is so different from the NFL that these rookie QBs really benefit from having a red shirt year in the NFL at this point. Plus its really hard for QBs to have instant success given that most of these teams with early picks have more holes than QB.

Kickoffs, they have been grooming us for a while on that. Calling tacky block in the back and holdings on any eventful return. Its so they can go to the owners and be like, "haaay, kickoffs are pointless, lets get rid of them"

The amount of penalties called now days makes the game really hard to watch. I've been very uninterested in the NFL outside of the Seahawks this year due to the constant laundry. Plus I am finding hockey much more enjoyable to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    The amount of penalties called now days makes the game really hard to watch. I've been very uninterested in the NFL outside of the Seahawks this year due to the constant laundry. Plus I am finding hockey much more enjoyable to watch.
    If you go back and watch a game from like the 80s, it's fascinating. No replays, calls just stand, no interminable arguing from announcers etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs starters? Backups reign supreme!

I still cant believe Vikings got Rush'd, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Hockey is my preferred sport these days too. I have ESPN+ as well, so I get every game.
    I subbed because the first Kraken home game was only on ESPN+. Been using it quite often to throw on a hockey game since.

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    If you go back and watch a game from like the 80s, it's fascinating. No replays, calls just stand, no interminable arguing from announcers etc.
    Ironically, I was sick a month ago and threw on NFL network. It had a special on the early 80s Raiders. Its a different game compared to now. I've always hated how they slowed down old clips in highlights to make the current game look faster. But those guys were flying and just mauling people. Plus Al Davis was on the sidelines. Only owner you see doing that now days is the Falcons owner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only owner you see doing that now days is the Falcons owner.
    He always comes down near the end of the game right before Matt Ryan blows it.

I got ESPN+ too since I wanted Disney & Hulu and did the combo package.
    /s

Kickoffs, they have been grooming us for a while on that. Calling tacky block in the back and holdings on any eventful return. Its so they can go to the owners and be like, "haaay, kickoffs are pointless, lets get rid of them"
    That hits close to home for me. Buffalo's go ahead kickoff return near the end of the Tennessee game was nullified by a penalty. The player who was briefly grabbed wasn't going to make the tackle anyway.

I also agree that poor/inconsistent officiating is removing my desire to watch the game. This is in spite of my team recently becoming relevant.

Ever since the nba officiating scandal, I get this vibe that nfl refs influence the games with bad calls, uneven calls, or non calls.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    He always comes down near the end of the game right before Matt Ryan blows it.

I got ESPN+ too since I wanted Disney & Hulu and did the combo package.
    Win or lose, he still looks like a human form of Mr Krabs.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    That hits close to home for me. Buffalo's go ahead kickoff return near the end of the Tennessee game was nullified by a penalty. The player who was briefly grabbed wasn't going to make the tackle anyway.

I also agree that poor/inconsistent officiating is removing my desire to watch the game. This is in spite of my team recently becoming relevant.

Ever since the nba officiating scandal, I get this vibe that nfl refs influence the games with bad calls, uneven calls, or non calls.
    Too often there are calls to keep games interesting or makeup calls. There was like 2 tacky roughing the passer calls last Seahawks game. Flipped it on the Saints Bucs game, and their drive gets extended by a tacky roughing the passer call. Just dumb.

Looks like Derrick Henry is done for at least the regular season. Jones fracture in his foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I still kinda like the idea of the proposed 4th & 20. From the 35 line up for a punt (normal), a 4th & 20 play (obvious on-sides), or a fake (surprise on-sides). Any non-pre-snap foul on the offense is loss of down. Any accepted foul on the defense is 10 yards (ie: 4th & 10 2nd attempt, 1st down if happens again). Gives actual football play/options for the normally boring and increasingly unwanted "kickoff". Not the biggest fan of "special rules" but we already have some for 2-point conversions anyway.