10+ Year Old Account
    I still really liked the way the XFL does kickoffs. Less of the risk of injury and more of the returns.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Von Miller to the Rams for a 2nd and 3rd. That is a pretty bad trade for the Rams since Miller has not been good this year and is hurt right now. Maybe a team will take Justin Simmon's garbage contract too.

On the plus side, gives me another reason to want the Rams to win the Super Bowl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Von Miller to the Rams for a 2nd and 3rd. That is a pretty bad trade for the Rams since Miller has not been good this year and is hurt right now. Maybe a team will take Justin Simmon's garbage contract too.

On the plus side, gives me another reason to want the Rams to win the Super Bowl
    Rams are going to be a total tire fire in a year or 2. Unbelievable how they keep pushing every chip they have into this run with no care for the future.

They are quite literally trying to buy their owner a Championship.

Quite bold for an owner who is about to pay a fucking shit ton of money to St. Louis and is already preparing to stitch the other owners up for that bill.

I hope it blows up in their face and Kroenke ruins himself in the process of the St. Louis litigation.

Serves them right.

This makes me think of the 90's when san fran and Dallas forked over money for deion sanders and each won a superbowl.

This troubles me because the Bills have as good of shot as anyone in the AFC, and just when they do Tampa and LA buy superteams overnight.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Winston done for the season, both a torn ACL and MCL damage.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2021-11-01 at 05:23 PM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeesh at that Rams trade, Snead hates draft picks.

Don't like losing Winston, not even sure if Taysom will be ready. Might have to roll with Siemian & Book.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Rams are going to be a total tire fire in a year or 2. Unbelievable how they keep pushing every chip they have into this run with no care for the future.
    You’d think so but people have been saying this for how many years? They’re constantly in win now mode but keep managing it like a hs shaman using overload cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Titans are signing Adrian Peterson. Might as well grab Frank Gore while they are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    You’d think so but people have been saying this for how many years? They’re constantly in win now mode but keep managing it like a hs shaman using overload cards.
    "The Rams are only paying Miller $700,000 of his $9 million salary." The original team typically takes on most of the cap hit anyways, unless they are being traded specifically to clear up a significant amount of cap. If he can produce, the trade could be decent. But it does seem like a lot to give up for half a year. If they can figure out an extension early that is team friendly, maybe that could be it too. Otherwise this just seems too all in for one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Who needs starters? Backups reign supreme!

I still cant believe Vikings got Rush'd, lol.
    I can, outside of a few players they are a bad team, and Cousins is notoriously bad in prime time lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    That hits close to home for me. Buffalo's go ahead kickoff return near the end of the Tennessee game was nullified by a penalty. The player who was briefly grabbed wasn't going to make the tackle anyway.

I also agree that poor/inconsistent officiating is removing my desire to watch the game. This is in spite of my team recently becoming relevant.

Ever since the nba officiating scandal, I get this vibe that nfl refs influence the games with bad calls, uneven calls, or non calls.
    Like that roughing the passer call in the Pats/Chargers game lol

- - - Updated - - -

The Chiefs O-Line is just abysmal. Mahomes break from the pocket automatically now.

191 penalty yards in this game... wtf.

This game goes in the win column for them, but the Chiefs shouldn't feel good about it at all, needing the help of a phantom face-mask call on their final drive to beat the injury-plagued, 2 - 5 Giants at home by a field goal. That was just a bad performance all-around.

Been thinking a lot about Mahomes here. Obviously he's one of the top QBs in the league, but I also think that at this point in his career he might be a guy who needs a full complement of talent around him to really take off. When guys like Brees and Brady were in their prime, they were always able to put up outstanding numbers even when the talent around them ebbed a bit.

In 2018, the Pats' leading receivers were Edelman and James White, with 1600 combined yards. Yet somehow Brady threw for 4300 yards and they scored the 4th most points in the NFL.

After this game, Mahomes' passer rating will be below the NFL average through 8 games. That's not where you expect this guy to be - he's always looked like an all time great.

It may also just be that he's young and still growing as a player, because after all he's only 26 and this is the worst talent he's ever played with, so maybe he'll figure out how to adjust. After all, Brady didn't start putting up video game numbers until he was 30. It's going to be interesting to see what his trajectory is from here. I don't know, because it's really hard to predict how all that will happen.

By the way, the NFL league average passer rating at the start of this week was 95. Tom Brady in his first three super bowls was at about 87, 88 across those seasons. Game done changed.
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2021-11-02 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Been thinking a lot about Mahomes here. Obviously he's one of the top QBs in the league, but I also think that at this point in his career he might be a guy who needs a full complement of talent around him to really take off. When guys like Brees and Brady were in their prime, they were always able to put up outstanding numbers even when the talent around them ebbed a bit.

In 2018, the Pats' leading receivers were Edelman and James White, with 1600 combined yards. Yet somehow Brady threw for 4300 yards and they scored the 4th most points in the NFL.

After this game, Mahomes' passer rating will be below the NFL average through 8 games. That's not where you expect this guy to be - he's always looked like an all time great.

It may also just be that he's young and still growing as a player, because after all he's only 26 and this is the worst talent he's ever played with, so maybe he'll figure out how to adjust. After all, Brady didn't start putting up video game numbers until he was 30. It's going to be interesting to see what his trajectory is from here. I don't know, because it's really hard to predict how all that will happen.

By the way, the NFL league average passer rating at the start of this week was 95. Tom Brady in his first three super bowls was at about 87, 88 across those seasons. Game done changed.
    It has to be the O-Line. Its like as soon as the ball is snapped he runs directly out of pocket. That can work sometimes but its dangerous if they know its coming.

That and they seem to keep trying these trick plays that don't go anywhere.

I just don't get what Andy Reid is doing, how can he see his QB scramble on every play and just be like "this is fine."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    It has to be the O-Line. Its like as soon as the ball is snapped he runs directly out of pocket. That can work sometimes but its dangerous if they know its coming.

I just don't get what Andy Reid is doing, how can he see his QB scramble on every play and just be like "this is fine."
    Much as I'd hate to say it "Make your QB play Hero Ball" seems to be a recurring trend of ex-Packers coaches/coordinators.

But yeah Mahomes not even trying to stay in the pocket is worrying, you start to wonder if he's "seeing ghosts" in the pocket.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

Because their O-line is playing well, Mahomes is just scrambling because that is who he is. Much like Rodgers and Wilson, who scramble despite whatever their O line does. Ranked 8 in both passing and run blocking. This was the only site I found doing in season rankings, but many sites had their O line as a good unit before the season started.

People give Mahomes way too many excuses. Every time he threw to the RB in the flat today it went for a decent gain. Yet he would scramble, not throw to the wide open RB, and throw dangerous passes. He is still refusing to take the easy gains Defenses are giving him. Turnover luck, going from supremely lucky for the team to unlucky+Mahomes worst qualities not working out as often are why the team is struggling as much as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as the talent around him, it's only going to get worse for Mahomes, this is his last season with a low cap hit.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Because their O-line is playing well, Mahomes is just scrambling because that is who he is. Much like Rodgers and Wilson, who scramble despite whatever their O line does. Ranked 8 in both passing and run blocking. This was the only site I found doing in season rankings, but many sites had their O line as a good unit before the season started.

People give Mahomes way too many excuses. Every time he threw to the RB in the flat today it went for a decent gain. Yet he would scramble, not throw to the wide open RB, and throw dangerous passes. He is still refusing to take the easy gains Defenses are giving him. Turnover luck, going from supremely lucky for the team to unlucky+Mahomes worst qualities not working out as often are why the team is struggling as much as it is.
    How do they get those rankings? I watched the game today and it just seemed like someone was always chasing him and that caused him to scramble. To be fair I don't watch every KC game.

15+ Year Old Account
    If these chiefs dont stop turning the ball over its going to a early ending to the season because i dont see them make the playoffs.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Chiefs are still 5th overall offensive DVOA. This honestly surprised me.