10+ Year Old Account
    I figured we were due this kinda game at some point. Also, if this is how we respect the troops, I don't want to respect them ever again.

I don't think I have seen a blocked punt that the punting team kept the ball before.

I'm pretty sure someone locked Pat Shurmur in a closet and a random person is calling plays. He never runs the ball this much. Kind of a strange time to do it with all backups except a terrible center.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did not realize the dolphins were 1-7. I’m still salty about fitz so they deserve it, but still what a fall. I guess I haven’t been paying attention to much of the league outside of gb and the chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I figured we were due this kinda game at some point. Also, if this is how we respect the troops, I don't want to respect them ever again.
    They ran into their own agent orange
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-11-07 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Hill FINALLY in at QB after 3 quarters of just not great QB play (not aided by a lot of drops). Soon as I say that they put Siemian back in who fumbles.

Saints D just having a poor game on top of it by letting Ryan throw the ball over the field.

- - - Updated - - -

So who had the Broncos up 27-0 on the Cowboys?
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-11-07 at 08:21 PM.

Cowboys defense having a pretty bad game. Can't stop the run and are giving up big plays. Denver is 8 for 13 on 3rd down too, and they are one of the worst teams on 3rd down.

Also kind of strange their offense is struggling this much against a defense with 0 starting linebackers and Kyle Fuller/Nate Hairston starting at corner.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn’t mccarthy have a crazy good record as hc for first game coming off a bye or a, i thinking of someone else?

- - - Updated - - -

Funny to see the 2 losses were 2 of only 3 teams with a winning record, the announcers leave that out of their freakanomics. In fairness those 2 teams were still undefeated midway through the season.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-11-07 at 08:40 PM.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Falcons turned into the 4th quarter Falcons and the Saints are in the middle of a huge comeback. Was 24-6 with 10 minutes to go, it is now 24-19 and Saints driving with less than 2 to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Falcons back to falcons division rival form.

Huge completion from Ryan, 64 yards. Damn. That ended the game and Saints huge comeback was ruined by giving up a big play.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-11-07 at 09:06 PM.

Turns out Josh Allen is Josh Allen's kryptonite.

I fully expect the Chargers to Charger against the Eagles based on all the other upsets today.

Just yikes, these weird plays being called and more kicking issues.

I feel like I just watched a 2009 Dick Jauron Bills game. What the actual fuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again I wonder what the point of letting turnovers play out was if a play like that isn't an obvious td in review.

And this is controversial but them getting that TD might've actually been better for the Packers cause now their D was out there a long time.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-11-07 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I fully expect the Chargers to Charger against the Eagles based on all the other upsets today.
    Every site I went to said it would be close, and to date it has been.

EDIT: And it was.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-11-07 at 11:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Chiefs really are that bad

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to post this before it actually happens:

Patriots are doing well at the moment. 3 game win streak. But they have a fundamental problem that has lingered since the 2019 season when Tom Brady was still here and which was one of the main reasons for him taking his talents to Florida: The Wide Receiver corps.

There's going to come a time against better teams where they shut down the run without spending too much on it and still keeping relevant coverage against the receivers and then Mac Jones and the WRs will need to make a play.

And I worry about this scenario, cause I don;t have a lot of confidence in that unit.

Agholor has mostly filled his role but has nto been that effective. Kendrick Bourne has had moments, but not consistent. JAcoby Meyers is a lovely guy and he came in as a former QB and a street free agent as a rookie and fought his way into being a part of the team, but he should be your no. 3 reveiver at best.

He's currently our no. 1 receiver.

Everyone else, including former 1st round pick N'keal Harry, has been invisible and a non factor.

And so I worry. At some point we will need some kind of consistent QB-WR connection to move the chains and get yards and TDs and so far it looks like that is this team's achilles' heel.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I need to post this before it actually happens:

Patriots are doing well at the moment. 3 game win streak. But they have a fundamental problem that has lingered since the 2019 season when Tom Brady was still here and which was one of the main reasons for him taking his talents to Florida: The Wide Receiver corps.

There's going to come a time against better teams where they shut down the run without spending too much on it and still keeping relevant coverage against the receivers and then Mac Jones and the WRs will need to make a play.

And I worry about this scenario, cause I don;t have a lot of confidence in that unit.

Agholor has mostly filled his role but has nto been that effective. Kendrick Bourne has had moments, but not consistent. JAcoby Meyers is a lovely guy and he came in as a former QB and a street free agent as a rookie and fought his way into being a part of the team, but he should be your no. 3 reveiver at best.

He's currently our no. 1 receiver.

Everyone else, including former 1st round pick N'keal Harry, has been invisible and a non factor.

And so I worry. At some point we will need some kind of consistent QB-WR connection to move the chains and get yards and TDs and so far it looks like that is this team's achilles' heel.
    That’s been their mo for 20 years. They don’t invest in wr or running back, and hope they can scheme/Brady their way to a good offense.

It’s the right way to do it in my opinion. WRs grow on trees, you can typically find a couple decent ones if you give lots of guys a chance (like Edelman).

Mac Jones isn’t Brady though, so maybe it won’t work.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go Chargers! Love seeing a former Oregon QB kicking as and taking names.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I hear a big name WR just hit the waiver wire

Didn't know Colt McCoy was on the Cardinals or playing today. Says a lot about the offense that can just plugged him in and scored 31.

Packers on the other hand taking this long to score about a team that gives up 30 points every week is pretty rough.